Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

I'm taking creatine and I also took Animal Rage today as a pre-wo. I've always gotten crazy shoulder pumps, so the supps take it to another level.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2011, 07:44 PM   #122
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Thought I would ask. Creatine gives me pumps so intense I can't use it anymore.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:53 PM   #123
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

It's a trade off. The pumps are crazy, but I do feel like I get more reps out each set with the creatine and stimulants to help.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:28 AM   #124
Soldier
Max Brawn

Been a few days since I've posted. I haven't lifted since the weekend because PT was INTENSE Tuesday. I've come into my own as the leader of PT and really figured out how to push everybody hard. I've also realized that the biggest downfall most of the future soldiers have is their running, so I've put other things like strength on the backburner to build up everyone's running. It's taken a toll on me physically, so lifting has been pushed back in importance for me as well.

I'll get back in the gym either tomorrow or Saturday.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:58 AM   #125
Soldier
Max Brawn

Stopping by for a quick bodyweight update. After three days of eating for Thankgiving I went from 198 all the way up to 205+, which was frustrating though not surprising. I stuck to my plan and now I'm back down at a good 201lb.

I'm still following my "trinity" diet. IF in the morning on weekdays, then very low carb eating until training, then a balanced diet after training with a spike of carbs directly after training. The BEST thing is that I haven't been trying to cut! When I get off work I usually have a fairly large carb-free meal, sometimes getting up towards 800+ calories. I think the big key is that my PT is long, so I end up with only a little while to eat afterwards. Last night I had left over pasta and the last bit of my wife's meat ball sub, then right before bed I had a protein shake with milk and a banana, and that was it.

I'm still not trying to cut anymore, but I'll be perfectly happy to stay around 200 like I am right now.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #126
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I've also realized that the biggest downfall most of the future soldiers have is their running, so I've put other things like strength on the backburner to build up everyone's running.
Very true. I remember leading the morning run with AIT soldiers and many were still out of shape. The more the better.

Quote:
I'm still following my "trinity" diet. IF in the morning on weekdays, then very low carb eating until training, then a balanced diet after training with a spike of carbs directly after training. The BEST thing is that I haven't been trying to cut!
How's your hunger been while doing this?

Old 12-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #127
Soldier
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
How's your hunger been while doing this?
Hunger is a non issue at this point. I've been doing a single dose of EC for a couple days, split up between morning and lunch time, but today I'm officially off of it. No more hunger issues than I've ever had before doing IF, which usually amounts to a couple hunger pangs in the morning that last a few seconds.

One of the best things about this diet is that back when I was just doing IF I would get VERY hungry after my first meal of the day. I think it was because of high insulin sensativity from the fasting. Now, since I eat a larger meal right off with low carbs my hunger isn't spiked like it was before, and I find I have lots of energy for my training and it doesn't go up and down like it does when you're running off glucose. This also keeps me from binging after training because I'm not ravenous like I was when I was taking in a carb meal before training.

I also base my eating for the rest of the day off of when I train. If I go to the gym soon after work, then I'll still have 6 hours before bed, so I'll eat carbs for a couple hours, then fade back to low carb before bed. If, on the other hand, I have PT which starts at 5 and keeps me until 8, then I'll just have carbs for the rest of the day.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #128
Soldier
Max Brawn

Oh, I forgot to mention last night's PT! We did fitness tests, which consist of 2:00 of pushups, 2:00 of situps, and a 2 mile run. Here's how it went;

Current PR's;
Push ups- 62
Sit ups- 52
2 mile run- 14:36

Last night;
Push ups- 59
Sit ups- 62 PR
2 mile run- 14:13 PR

That's 2 huge PR's for me on things I've struggled with in the past. The push ups didn't go so well, but to be honest I haven't been training them hard so I can't complain. I WILL break into the 13's for my 2 mile run before I leave. I should have done it last night but I need to pace myself better. I had way too much left in the tank on the last length in the run. If I push harder the rest of the way then I'll beu nder 14:00 easy.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:02 AM   #129
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
2 mile run- 14:13 PR
Nice work. I always felt that once I hit a certain conditioning level my run speed would keep improving fairly consistently. I don't think it will be long before you see the low 13's.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:17 AM   #130
Soldier
Max Brawn

There's another future soldier I run with every sunday morning. He does around 13:30, so it's nice to run with someone who's faster than me. I just wish I had someone stronger than me around to train with.