Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   BTB's Paleo Warrior Diet Log of Food (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7636)

BendtheBar 10-18-2011 07:07 PM

BTB's Paleo Warrior Diet Log of Food

Logging my food. Most of the time I eat Paleo and Warrior Diet. I am not strict nor OCD, so I deviate from time to time.

I do not count calories nor grams of anything. I make every attempt to avoid heavily processed foods.

BendtheBar 10-18-2011 07:11 PM

October 18th, 2011

Underfeeding - 8 am until 5:30 pm

5 scoops of whey in about 90 ounces of water/coffee.

Night Eating - 5:30 pm until 9pm

5:30 pm - 4 pork chops cooked in butter, covered in a sauce of chopped apples, hot sauce, pan drippings and butter.

7:30 pm - 4 small slivers of pepper jack cheese.

8:20 pm - 7 pickle spears.

BigJosh 10-18-2011 07:23 PM

Looking forward to this log. I've been interested in starting a Paleo/Warrior diet after the holidays. it seems like something a guy like me can actually do.
I am specifically interested in whether or not you can retain muscle mass on this diet, while losing fat.

T-Bone 10-18-2011 07:51 PM

Subbed. Very interested seeing this diet play out in real time (so to speak).

Abaddon 10-18-2011 08:27 PM

Sub'd just coz reading it makes me hungry.

mab54 10-18-2011 08:48 PM

Looks like an awesome dinner! Been very interested in switching to paleo myself.

jwood 10-18-2011 09:12 PM

Looks good steve, I really like the idea of a food diet. I think this will help everyone.

Subbed, keep up the good work here.

Abaddon 10-18-2011 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab54 (Post 181692)
Looks like an awesome dinner! Been very interested in switching to paleo myself.

I couldn't tell you that I'm following it to the letter, because I put nesquick in my milk, but I switched to a paleo diet about a month ago by (almost) eliminating processed carbs from my diet, and I've never felt better.

I get my nutrients, fibre and natural sugar from fruits and vegetables, I drink 2-3 litres of full cream milk every day, and eat a variety of fresh meats, dairy and eggs.

I don't eat any grains, cereals, breads, or wheat, rice, or pasta (usually). I have only a little nesquick each day. And I don't drink alcohol anymore.

I lost 5 kgs in the first 3 weeks by following this diet and training as I normally do - usually 3 days a week. I perform no cardio.

What I'm saying is, I think it works. I drank 3 litres of milk yesterday and had BBQ ribs for dinner, and I lost nearly a kilogram overnight. Some of that can be attributed to water weight, but some of it is certainly fat loss. I didn't even train yesterday, I only trained others.

Another thing to mention is the way it makes you feel, having no processed carbs and other junk in your diet. I can thrive on 6-7 hours sleep when I used to feel still tired on 8+!! I am a lot more emotionally stable and generally more positive. I deal with stress better and am more 'switched on'.

This is coming from a guy who used to have IBS, and used to be supposedly intolerant to casein and/or lactose. I was using soy products instead of dairy. I used to blame dairy for my issues, but when I removed carbs from my diet, this dramatic change happened. The IBS went away too!

I also recommend eating every 2-3 hours. I lost a net weight of 5 kilos in about 8 months, and now 11 overall, since I started eating 5+ meals a day instead of just 2 or 3, along with training 2-3 or more days per week.

/rant.
EDIT: sorry Steve, I completely forgot where I was! I can move to another thread maybe?

mab54 10-18-2011 09:47 PM

I was thinking to switching to a paleo but with dairy products, the only thing holding me back is my love of oatmeal. I have also heard of a lot great things about it, and being able to thrive with only 6 hours would be great with school right now.

Abaddon 10-18-2011 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mab54 (Post 181698)
I was thinking to switching to a paleo but with dairy products, the only thing holding me back is my love of oatmeal.

Ha! Well, like I said, I get away with a little chocolate mix every day... I reckon you could reduce your amount and have it just in the mornings, but that's all the carbs you're allowed...