Old 01-25-2012, 10:15 AM   #31
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

First time reading your log. I have a ton of respect for you to keep up your training while you are over there!

Something you can do to make the dumbbell carry/farmer walk a little harder is wrap the handle with a towel. It will make it harder to grip, therefore the carry that much harder.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #32
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleSlam View Post
I need more ideas for these days. I was thinking of maybe taking 4 45lb plates and tying them together and doing Front Carries for laps or maybe just walking around with weight on a barbell on my back or carrying it in the front for laps.

100lb Dumbells aren't enough weight it was too easy I was sprinting with it with no problem.
I have a set of 24 inch spinlock dumbbells that I purchased off Ebay. Hold about 245 pounds each, but the price for standard plates can be costly unless you can find some used ones.

Quote:
But good news is I weighed in today at 240lbs so Im starting to gain weight which is a shocker. But bad news is the small bottles of water we recieved 4 days ago are contaminated with ecoli that should explain why I have been puking out my ass the past few days after drinking a protein shake.
I'm surprised you gained anything after those power vomit sessions.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #33
UncleSlam
Brawn
Points: 896, Level: 15 Points: 896, Level: 15 Points: 896, Level: 15
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Westside
Fav Exercise: Heavy as possible
Fav Supp: Raw Beef
UncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality posts

Damn I wish I would've read your post J Byrd before my workout. Thanks for the tip Im going to do it next week for sure. Anyway here is the conditioning day workout;

Tri-Set: Pushups 4x50, Crunches 4x50, Leg Raises 4x50
Jump Rope: 10 minutes
DB Farmer's Walks: 100lbs each hand 4x100 meters
BB Russian Twists: 45lb plate 4x10 each side
Planks: 4x1 minute
Static Stretching for 15 minutes

Weighed in at 242lbs today.

Decided to ride the bike machine for 30 minutes before bed.

Last edited by UncleSlam; 01-27-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Update
UncleSlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #34
UncleSlam
Brawn

UncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality postsUncleSlam has made some quality posts

Back was hurting last night so our medic gave me a cocktail injection of tramadol/valium before bed. Wokeup this morning and got ready for a recon patrol but it was canceled because the Afghan Army didn't want to go out. But anyway this was the workout for today;

Deadlifts: WU 225lbs x10, 325lbs x5, 350lbs x5, 370lbs x5
Pullups: 4x10
BB Lateral Raises: 3 45lb plates 5x5
BB Goodmornings: 135lbs x5, 185lbs x5, 225lbs x5, 275lbs x3
Incline Situp Medicine Ball Throws: 4x25

Weighed in at 243lbs.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #35
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Strong effort. How did your back handle the deadlifts?

Old 01-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #36
UncleSlam
Brawn

I felt good when I wokeup this morning and my back felt good during the workout. My left hand gave me some grip issues but that was it. I hurt my back years ago at Ranger School and I had to go through 6 months of physical therapy. The doctors told me I would never fully recover and never lift heavy again. Shows what they know Im way stronger now.

Every now and again it reminds me its still there though. Its like my back spasms and the pain shoots down my ass to my calf muscle. I have to sleep sometimes with my feet elevated on my ruck to relieve the lower back pain.

But the funny thing is Im going to RSLC and Ranger school when I get back to the states after my kid is born first though. So bad part is I will definately lose about 50ish pounds and some strength but it will help my career though. Chasing the big bucks my E-5 pay isnt as good as E-6 pay lol
Old 01-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #37
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:

Every now and again it reminds me its still there though. Its like my back spasms and the pain shoots down my ass to my calf muscle. I have to sleep sometimes with my feet elevated on my ruck to relieve the lower back pain.

But the funny thing is Im going to RSLC and Ranger school when I get back to the states after my kid is born first though. So bad part is I will definately lose about 50ish pounds and some strength but it will help my career though. Chasing the big bucks my E-5 pay isnt as good as E-6 pay lol
I get some lower back tightness but can manage if I am on my side.

I nearly went Airborne/Special Forces. Back when i was in Clinton gave a lot of sweet deals for guys to get out and they started to run short of supply Sgts. If I would have went AB/SF I would have been an E-5 after 2.5 years in. But I had to re-up for 8 years and I wasn't sure if I wanted in that long.

Old 01-27-2012, 11:17 AM   #38
UncleSlam
Brawn

Right now they our downsizing us. They are going after the useless MOS jobs and people that have been in to long. But they are going to downsize the Infantry so it would be a good idea for people to start knocking out schools. Im Airborne and I have a Foreign LRP school I graduated from on my record. That and this is my second deployment and I have alot of combat experience. Being in a Scout Platoon gives me a advantage in my unit since we get priority when it comes to schools.

I already have been given a slot for RSLC and Ranger School after my kid is born when we get back. I can also get Air Assault if I want and I do. So I figure withing a year Ill be an E-6 so Ill be straight.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #39
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

Quote:
Right now they our downsizing us. They are going after the useless MOS jobs and people that have been in to long. But they are going to downsize the Infantry so it would be a good idea for people to start knocking out schools. Im Airborne and I have a Foreign LRP school I graduated from on my record. That and this is my second deployment and I have alot of combat experience. Being in a Scout Platoon gives me a advantage in my unit since we get priority when it comes to schools.

I already have been given a slot for RSLC and Ranger School after my kid is born when we get back. I can also get Air Assault if I want and I do. So I figure withing a year Ill be an E-6 so Ill be straight.
Ranger school is at Ft Bragg right? Spent a ton of time in Fayetteville, and visit a good bit. Got my butt kicked by one in college one time haha!

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #40
UncleSlam
Brawn

Ranger School is in Ft. Benning Georgia. There is a Ranger unit at Bragg. Their mentality is you fight one you fight them all lol. Ive worked with them in Afghanistan they do alot of specops missions. I was debating on going over to 75th but decided not to. Im planning on going to a LRRS unit next. Either at Ft. Stewart WA or Ft. Bragg.