Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 09-16-2011, 05:01 PM   #41
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Enjoy the carbs solider. Have a great weekend.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2011, 07:46 AM   #42
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Thanks BTB!

A quick morning after update for carb up day 1.

Bodyweight; 210

I don't blame glycogen as much as I blame my overall intake after my afternoon workout, which was;

Subway buffalo chicken sub, foot long,
burger and fries and,
flat bread pizza with italian sausage.

I obviously didn't avoid fat with these meals, but I'm not supposed to aboid fat furing carb ups according to this diet plan, so that my body continues to have fat to use for energy.

I'm going to use this extra intake and glycogen today in the gym, where I plan to kick ass and take names. I'm going to throw in a couple heavier sets of squats before knocking out 35 squats at 135, then on to high rep leg presses and curls before ending up with calfs.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #43
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I'm going to use this extra intake and glycogen today in the gym, where I plan to kick ass and take names. I'm going to throw in a couple heavier sets of squats before knocking out 35 squats at 135, then on to high rep leg presses and curls before ending up with calfs.
Get it done Solider. I think it's wise to do legs after a big carb up day.

Old 09-17-2011, 11:56 AM   #44
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Holy glycogen batman! Cheesits christ.

That was one hell of a workout. Here's the rundown;

5 minutes walking on high incline for warm up
squats-
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x5
295x3 PR
135x35 PR

Leg extensions-
50x15
40x15

leg curls-
90x17
90x13

calf press on leg press machine-
200x12
290x12
380x12
290x14
200x16

I went in ready to earn it today, and right from the beginning I felt amazing. I actually didn't think about the fact that yesterday's carb up was what was helping me on squats until the workout was almost over, but it was ovious by how I felt. I didn't even want to rest. As soon as the new plates were on I wanted to just put it on my back and get to it. I rested less than :90 between each set of squats.

My calves responded better the other day when I did calf presses with the bar on my back, probably because I've never really done those. I'll continue to alternate between using the leg press and the bar for calves.

After the workout it was straight to Subway again, to continue the carb up. I'm not going to go overboard today like I did last night, then tomorrow it's back to low-carb living. So far this diet is doing exactly what it's supposed to do, and I couldn't be happier with the results!
Old 09-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #45
Soldier
Max Brawn

Upper body today. I supersetted bench press and wide grip pull ups. For every set I did on bench I also did a set of 4-7 pullups.

Bench press-
135x8
185x8
225x5
245x5
275x4 (2 alone, 2 more with spotters help)
225x8
135x12

I tried gaspari's Superpump Max today for the first time. I didn't notice a huge difference between that and jack3d, except that I liked the taste of superpump. Next time I'll get whichever one is cheaper. . .probably jack3d.

The combination of the pre-workout and being chock full of glycogen left me pumped like crazy, and if I had been able to pull off number 3 in my 275lb set on bench then it would have been a PR.

Today's bodyweight; 212.2

Thanks for the good times, pizza! I'm left with the glycogen and water weight that will keep your memory alive while I try to cut some fat this week. I'm going to push the calories low and milk this diet for everything it's worth. The goal for this week is to get below 205 for Friday morning.

My workout is naturally evolving, and I'm going to let it. My weekday workouts will be all about muscular endurance and burning fat and glycogen, which I'll replace Friday and Saturday and use for my weekend workouts when I'll go heavy to make sure my body has a reason to keep the muscle it has.
Old 09-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #46
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
295x3 PR
135x35 PR
Nothing better than following a PR with a good beat down. Congrats.

Quote:
After the workout it was straight to Subway again, to continue the carb up. I'm not going to go overboard today like I did last night, then tomorrow it's back to low-carb living. So far this diet is doing exactly what it's supposed to do, and I couldn't be happier with the results!
Glad to hear is Solider. Enjoying reading about this experiment.

Old 09-18-2011, 05:01 PM   #47
Soldier
Max Brawn

Thanks, it's nice to have someone follow along.

I had no intention of going for PR's while cutting, but I feel like for the first time in my life both my training and diet are spot on.

I got to the grocery store today. I picked up a dozen packages of pre-made burger patties with fresh ground chuck. It was only $.30 more per lb for the premade patties, which saves me 20 minutes hand forming burger patties every day as a way of measuring my intake. Definitely worth it. I also got 3 big packages of eggs, and plenty of cheese.

I got to try my new peanut butter flavored whey protein powder from the M&S store. Good god. Take the creamiest peanut butter you can get, melt it into liquid and drink it up and you've got a good idea of what this stuff tastes like. It's freaking GOOD. Almost too good. I'm reminded of my fat boy days, eating Reese's pies from Burger King. Not kidding, not exagerating. They also have cake batter, which tastes amazing too.

I took ZMA for the first time last night, but didn't get the desired affects. I didn't sleep well, but I blame pizza and an exciting day of football for it. Hopefully tonight it will help me get some good rest to recover from two days of hard training.

My wife measured my chest earlier for a shirt she was going to order. 45'. I guess that's good?
Old 09-19-2011, 03:41 AM   #48
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Nice to see you hitting PB's and dieting at the same time, thats awesome mate. There are some real good things happening in here buddy and Ill definitely be paying even closer attention in future

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:49 AM   #49
Soldier
Max Brawn

Thanks Carl!

Today's bodyweight was a shocker;

Today's bodyweight; 214!

Yeah. . .214lb! I stayed low carb, and even stayed a little hungry yesterday, not eating as much as I wanted. I have no explanation for going from 212 post carb-up to 214 after a day of dieting, but I'm not worried about it. I started tracking my intake again today, so I'll know my numbers and have a better idea of what's going on.

That being said, I feel great! Muscles a little stiff and sore as expected after a hard weekend of training.
Old 09-19-2011, 06:53 PM   #50
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
I had no intention of going for PR's while cutting, but I feel like for the first time in my life both my training and diet are spot on.
That's a great groove to be in. I've had some good runs where the PRs kept coming even when I was losing. Hope this keeps up for you.