Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 09-14-2011, 06:47 PM   #31
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Caloric intake is being lowered, mostly because I'm just so over the food I'm eating. I consider this a big positive, because I don't have to fight the urge to eat when I'm just not that excited about what I'm going to be eating. That being said, I haven't had much hunger to deal with, and I feel GREAT.
That's great news hombre. Give me some of that mojo.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2011, 09:18 PM   #32
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Lot's of cutting mojo all around!

I've been trying to figure out what I'd like to weigh. I'm not sure what my BF% is, but I bet it's over 15. Probably around 18 (I'm adding to what I actually think it is, because I'm probably a little delusional. . .but aren't we all, a little?). That would give me around 170lbs of lean mass, which means if I want to be single digits for fat I'd need to get down around 190. I'd think 190 with a 6 pack would be respectable. If I can get below 200 before I leave, then the caloric restriction imposed on me in basic should get be down around 190. I expect to lose some muscle mass as well, but if I'm around 190 when I graduate basic I'll consider that a good starting point to do some slow bulking as soon as I get the chance to.

Anyways, at least it's some sort of plan, which is better than nothing.

I think I'd be one imposing sonofabitch at 190.

I just got some new supps;
superpump max
ZMA
Animal pak

I also restocked on creatine and protein. Hopefully the ZMA will help me sleep, because I've had trouble getting to sleep lately. Once I get there I'm pretty good, but I think it can be better.

Animal pak is 'spensive. If it doesn't help me sprout wings and squat 800 without even touching my feet to the ground, than I probably won't keep getting it. We'll see how it goes. . .but at least I can tell my poor mother I'm taking a high quality multi. She's not a fan of the anabolic diet, but what mother is a fan of anything possibly bodybuilding related?
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:44 AM   #33
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

How tall are you ? 190 with a single digit bf would make you a beast at anything less than about 7'

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:10 AM   #34
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Soldier, you were above 300 pounds once and now you're down near 200? That's pretty damn amazing.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:15 PM   #35
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
How tall are you ? 190 with a single digit bf would make you a beast at anything less than about 7'

Carl.
I'm 6'.

I've always had good mass. Even back in high school I always looked and played stronger than I was in the weight room.

That being said, I've never had my bodyfat properly measured, so who knows? Maybe even at 190 I wouldn't have the 6 pack I've yearned for for these many years.

But one day, it will be mine.

Last edited by Soldier; 09-15-2011 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:17 PM   #36
Soldier
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
Soldier, you were above 300 pounds once and now you're down near 200? That's pretty damn amazing.
It's true. When I got my AA in 2003 I was around 310lb. By mid 2004 I had lost 100lb and have mostly kept it off since then. I currently have much more muscle at 210 than I did all those years ago, however, so I've done ok. . .but I need to be lean and fast where I'm going, so it's as good a time as any to try to move towards my cutting goals.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:59 PM   #37
Soldier
Max Brawn

phew. . .alright, 20 buffalo wings from zaxby's in the can and I'm nicely stuffed for the moment.

bodyweight today; 206.6

I'm still not even trying to lose weight, so hopefully I'll be able to keep this train going.

I did just a little cardio today. 15 minutes of racquetball, then 10 minutes of treadmill work on the highest incline. I finished with 3 intervals of 1 minute jogging on steep incline, 30 seconds rest. It wasn't overly intense, just something to get the blood flowing in my legs and get my heart rate up for a while.

I'm thinking I may replace leg extensions with leg presses for one of my two leg sessions a week, just to keep hitting my legs without any extra strain on my knees. I'd just do squats, but I feel like the squats are limiting my ability to hit my legs because my lower back gets so pumped with the higher reps. My lower back strength is limiting me on squats, I know it, and if I was a powerlifter I'd do a cycle of focussing on lower back strength, but that's not important for me at this point.

I'll still be starting each leg session with squats, starting with a couple warm up sets and finishing squats with a working set with 135lb for reps. We'll see how it goes.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:22 PM   #38
Soldier
Max Brawn

Here's a treat for anyone who actually humors me and reads this. The original title of this thread;

Soldier's high volume training, high volume meat log

It's true. . .I changed it at the last second.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:13 PM   #39
Wlfdg
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,231, Level: 19 Points: 1,231, Level: 19 Points: 1,231, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 34
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Snatch
Fav Supp: Elk
Wlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good posts

Why are you doing high rep squats?

"There's no such thing as shaping and toning. Only stronger and weaker." -Mark Rippetoe
Wlfdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 04:17 PM   #40
Soldier
Max Brawn

Why not?

I'm looking for muscular endurance while still trying to keep what mass and strength I have. I know that some people respond very well to higher reps, so why not see if I'm among them? I do, however, plan to add one or possibly two heavy sets of squats before my high rep set. I don't know if it will be once a week or in both sessions, but I certainly don't want to neglect heavy weight completely.

I just got in a good upper body session I tried to do my planned ramping superset of dips and chins, but doing lots of chins actually started to cause some discomfort in my shoulders and arms. I stopped doing the chins, then grabbed a bar and tossed 45's on each side and started pumping out BOR's, still supersetting with dips. Once I gave myself a few extra seconds to rest, I started pumping out some really good sets of dips. I think they will be a new staple for my upper body sessions. I can't imagine getting stronger in dips without getting a positive result in my pushup numbers.

Today's bodyweight; 207.3

I blame the slight gain on the 1500 calories worth of wings I ate last night. . .no biggie.

After my workout today I went to. . .wait for it. . .SUBWAY!! YAY, it's carb up day!

I ate a footlong sub about 1:30 ago, and I'm already really hungry again. I had almost forgotten how quickly I can get hungry again when I eat lots of carbs. That's how I used to eat a whole pizza when I was fat, then eat a whole dinner 2 hours later.

I'm planning to go out with the inlaws again tonight and have a couple more carb heavy dishes as the night progresses, then take in some more carbs tomorrow. I'm going to TRY to not go overboard tomorrow so I don't "set myself back" as far as my cutting goals. That being said, I expect to be a little heavier Monday morning.

Monday morning, however, will be cutting time. That will be the point where I start really trying to see what I can do with this diet as far as fat loss.

Right now? Now is time to celebrate!