Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #181
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Want the ultimate interval cardio session? Play 2 hand touch football for 25 minutes with 5 kids half your age and volunteer to cover the fastest guy on the other team.
No thanks.

How are you on veggie intake? I struggle to eat enough each day.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-20-2011, 02:43 PM   #182
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
No thanks.

How are you on veggie intake? I struggle to eat enough each day.
That's one of the modifications of this new diet that I like. I haven't been able to get veggies much because of the carb content. Even the ones with lots of fiber still gave me too many carbs.

I'll be trying to get more veggies into my diet in the coming weeks. I'm also excited about being able to eat fruit again.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 05:46 PM   #183
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

That was one hell of a workout, even though after the dead lifts I didn't have much left in me.

Dead lifts-
101 reps with 170 in 10 minutes.

Wide grip pull ups-
BWx6 followed by :10 static hold at top
BWx7 followed by :10 static hold at top

Dumbell rows-
115x10
100x15

Barbell curls-
EZcurl bar+50x12
EZcurl bar+50x12
EZcurl bar+50x8+3 partial reps

How the hell much does an EZcurl bar weigh anyways?

I've been having DOMS all day from PT Tuesday. This included my back, so I wasn't surprised that I couldn't do much more after those dead lifts.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:57 PM   #184
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
That's one of the modifications of this new diet that I like. I haven't been able to get veggies much because of the carb content. Even the ones with lots of fiber still gave me too many carbs.

I'll be trying to get more veggies into my diet in the coming weeks. I'm also excited about being able to eat fruit again.
My veggies are pretty much onion, peppers and tomatoes. I need more somehow.

Way to destroy the deadlifts. Team Thor needed that.

Old 10-20-2011, 07:35 PM   #185
Soldier
Max Brawn

Quote:
My veggies are pretty much onion, peppers and tomatoes. I need more somehow.

Way to destroy the deadlifts. Team Thor needed that.
Thanks. I sure am glad I got it over with.

As for the veggies, I'll destroy some broccoli if there's a little ranch to dip it in. Luckily from what I've read that's one of the best to get. After that my veggies are usually just incidental from whatever else I happen to be eating.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:51 AM   #186
Soldier
Max Brawn

Today's bodyweight-204.7

Refinement of the diet continues. I think I'll try to limit my grain based carbs PWO to about 50g. Last night at Moe's the burrito and chips I got had 113g carbs, 47g fat and 37g protein, so the macro ratio is around what I want, just too much of it. I also like a ton of salsa, and I'm not sure on the macro count there.

I'm thinking that at most 50g of carbs and at lest 20g of protein post workout will work out better while still restoring glycogen levels. I don't need nearly 100g of carbs to restore glycogen after a single lifting session, and I certainly can't afford to make my PWO meals all into cheat meals if I'm trying to cut.

I'm going to do some research today on glycogen levels and how best to restore them without going overboard and figure out a good rule of thumb for my diet.

That being said, this morning I am HUNGRY. I mean seriously hungry. The kind of hungry where you're so hungry that it might actually make you sick to eat. This is a very good thing, because it means my metabolism is racing and hopefully I'll burn some fat today.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:06 PM   #187
Soldier
Max Brawn

BTN overhead press-
45x12
95x12
115x3
135x3
145x2
95x5
135x3
95x3
135x3
95x12

Dumbell chest flies-
30x12
45x6

Dumbell bench press-
80x12

Single arm dumbell upright rows-
35x15
35x15
50x10

Pec dec-
150x12 followed by pushups to failure
150x8 followed by pushups to failure

1. Lateral raise
2. overhead dumbell tricep extension
performed as superset/dropset with no rest
1. 35x9
2. 35x7
1. 30x8
2. 30x7
1. 25x7
2. 25x7
1. 20x7
2. 20x7
1. 15x7
2. 15x10
1. 10x9
2. 10x14

I'm feeling happy with my decision to focus on shoulders for a little while. I've always focussed on chest over shoulders, because I was always happy with my shoulder development, but I'm also happy with my chest development and I feel that my shoulder strength is lagging behind. I really ought to be overhead pressing more than I can now, especially when compared to my impressive 285lb. bench press.

Wave loading works very well with overhead presses, although I can't use it with the same volume as bench presses because of the fact that there are less muscles involved. I think next time I'll just go nice and heavy and see what I'm capable of with less warmup reps and less volume.

This session took it out of me. I was, as usual, the only person in the weight room huffing and puffing, putting my all into each set. Definitely not easy when combined with the volume of a 30 set workout.

Hopefully my muscular endurance levels will reflect the work I'm putting in. All I can do is keep working.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:09 AM   #188
Soldier
Max Brawn

Today's bodyweight- 203.2

It worked! Controlling my PWO carb intake worked perfectly. I had a small amount of pasta (the shells and cheese left over from Tuesday, approx. 4oz.). Much less than the other training days. After that I had room left for some grapes, an apple, a protein bar, and a salad with chicken from Subway, all of which gave me a lot more good stuff nutritionally than a huge plate of pasta and a little processed protein.

I also included some carnivor beef isolate protein in my intra Xtend.

Today I was supposed to do my second pull day, but my back is atill aching from Deads Thursday, which I'm sure anyone would undertsand. I also have a few things going on, so I'm going to take a rest day.

This means I'll be eating less than 30g of carbs today, which means hopefully tomorrow I'll be down around 202.

The real test will be tomorrow. How will my recovery be with so few carbs last night and none today? Will I have the energy to put in a serious workout? If not, then I'll have to rethink my amount of PWO carbs. Maybe the PWO carbs should be raised if they are being consumed the day before a non-training day? Then again, that would lower the potential to burn as much fat on the rest day.

The balance between performance and cutting fat is hard to keep. I'll figure it out though.
Old 10-22-2011, 08:25 AM   #189
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Did you pull that wave loading scheme from an article or just play things by ear?

Quote:
The balance between performance and cutting fat is hard to keep.
You will get it figured out. Keep pushing hard Solider.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #190
Soldier
Max Brawn

Quote:
Did you pull that wave loading scheme from an article or just play things by ear?
At first I was going to keep the reps higher, but then I decided to push the weight. I worked up to 145 but couldn't get 3, so I went back down to 135 for my heavy sets for the last two waves.

So yeah, I played it by ear, lol.

As for the idea of wave loading, I think I pulled that from a t-nation article I read when I was dipping back into their older articles.