Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Today's bodyweight- 204.2

You gotta love how water weight disappears when you go low carb for even one day.

PT this afternoon. I was told that I'll get the chance to lead part of it, which is always good. I'll be able to push everyone and myself and burn some serious calories, then I think I'm going to make more pasta afterwards. I've got some whole wheat pasta shells and 4 cheese rosa sauce calling my name.

Who can hate on shells and cheese?
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2011, 06:58 PM   #172
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
Today's bodyweight- 204.2

You gotta love how water weight disappears when you go low carb for even one day.

PT this afternoon. I was told that I'll get the chance to lead part of it, which is always good. I'll be able to push everyone and myself and burn some serious calories, then I think I'm going to make more pasta afterwards. I've got some whole wheat pasta shells and 4 cheese rosa sauce calling my name.

Who can hate on shells and cheese?
Not me. Good stuff.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:36 PM   #173
Soldier
Max Brawn

Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Now THAT'S power eating. phew. . .2 plates of what my wife called "adult macaroni and cheese." Whole wheat shells along with that 4 cheese rosa sauce I mentioned earlier. A little parmesian cheese and aregano (sp?) and we're good to go.

Good god, I'm stuffed now.

Anyways, PT went well. I got to lead and we had lots of fun doing pullups, hanging leg raises, leg lifts, and some pushup variations. Finish up with some sprints, air squats and lunges and you've got a good workout!

Once this food settles I'll have some protein, either a bar or a shake, and go to bed. Awe yes, bed will be nice.

Last edited by Soldier; 10-19-2011 at 06:52 AM.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:03 AM   #174
Soldier
Max Brawn

Last night I ended up eating 2 protein bars before bed. Normally I like real protein sources, but I have a box of protein bars that have too many carbs to eat most of the time, so I need to squeeze them in and get rid of them. I also needed some protein to actually take advantage of all the insulin from the carb-fest.

Today's bodyweight- 204.4

That's awesome. I was almost sick after my pasta last night, so the fact that my bodyweight is basically the same is good.

Today is a rest day so it'll be low carb and high fat. Hopefully I can drop a little fat today going into my 4 day training stretch where I'll be consuming carbs, but only after training. I think there are some ground turkey burritos in my very near future.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:43 AM   #175
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

Keep smashing it man... mmmmm buritos...
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #176
Soldier
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disciple X View Post
Keep smashing it man... mmmmm buritos...
You know it. After a couple months going low carb a burrito is a very special treat indeed.
Old 10-19-2011, 06:59 PM   #177
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I keep waiting to peak in here and see 199.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #178
Soldier
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I keep waiting to peak in here and see 199.
ugh. . .I should already be there, but things ground to a complete hault last week. I'm not trying to lose any weight this week. Hopefully a week of higher intake and carbs after each training session will get my metabolism back up so I can make a run at 199 in the coming weeks.

The only thing I'm certain of is that I WILL get and stay under 200.
Old 10-20-2011, 07:47 AM   #179
Soldier
Max Brawn

Today's bodyweight- 203

I think I've made a breakthrough. I'll have to see how the next 4 days go, but I think I may really have something here as far as diet goes. I haven't done this long enough to be completely convinced that this diet works, but after a few more days I'll have a much better idea.

For clarity's sake, here's what I've been doing the last few days;

1. On weekdays I fast untill 3:00. On weekends I follow all the rules but eat when hungry throughout the day.

2. Less than 30 net grams of carbs (total grams of carbs - grams of fiber = net grams of carbs) and at least 60% of total calories from fat during the day before training, or for the entire day on non-training days.

3. Unlimited fruit and veggies allowed after training until bed.

4. Limited intake of non fruit and veggie carbs also allowed until bed, within reason.

5. Unlimited grain based carbs for one meal following training.

6. At least 30g of protein either included with PWO carb meal or within an hour afterwards.

In the coming days I'll be training plenty, so we'll see specifically how my body reacts to first fasting, then consuming very few carbs, then blasting myself with carbs PWO. By paying attention to how I feel ans what my bodyweight does during each day I should be able to refine what I'm doing.

All I know is last week it was a struggle to get below 203, and this week I got down to 203 again by Thursday morning, all while not even trying to cut. If I can maintain my bodyweight in the next 4 days and lose a little next week on my 2 rest/low carb days, I'll be moving in the right direction. This also works because I was starting to not enjoy my carb ups as much. It was kind of a chore trying to find things specifically high in carbs. It's hard to stay under 30g, but it's equally hard to try to get over 300.

I believe that not only does getting a ton of carbs PWO help my muscles, it also keeps my metabolism up, which was the issue before. Last week I just didn't want food. Simple as that, and it was killing my fat loss. I was consuming less than 1200 calories on some days and losing only .2 or .3lb through the night, which doesn't work when you gain over 3lb by carbing up every weekend.

After a few more days of refining this diet if it's still working I'll be starting a thread to discuss this diet and get feedback from everyone else. In the meantime, if anyone reading this has any feedback I'd love to hear it.

200 is in sight now.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:52 AM   #180
Soldier
Max Brawn

Want the ultimate interval cardio session? Play 2 hand touch football for 25 minutes with 5 kids half your age and volunteer to cover the fastest guy on the other team.