Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 08-31-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!
Default 5kg's Snippets of a Workout

A new log, pretty obvious

This is still a fullbody routine but since I can't be bothered writing every little detail from A to B and then to C, there will only be snippets of each day's session which means I won't get bored writing the log, hopefully.

At the moment, I'm still getting my back up to par after having an induction last Friday, at the local gym; an induction which had to be gone through in order to be allowed to use the gym. However, because I had an "idiot" trainer take me through the machinery, I injured my lower back/hip area, on the Leg Press, I reckon, after having done some research.

Anyway, after several Deep Heat massages from hubby, and a couple of back exercises, I'm starting to feel better; yesterday, I thought I'd be out of it for quite a time but things seem to be looking up today and I'm hoping it continues that way.

So, no Snippets today...just resting and rehabing.

Last edited by 5kgLifter; 08-31-2011 at 03:36 PM.
5kgLifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Subbed. Go get 'em Babs.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:40 PM   #3
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Subbed. Go get 'em Babs.

Hoping to go to the gym tomorrow whilst hubby goes to the cinema, as long as my back feels okay; I figure I can use their ellipticals and such at least.

I had probs with the lat pulldown, I had to stand on tip-toes and then some, just to get hold of the bar Next time, I'm standing on the seat, if I need to...and if they give me a telling off, I'll ask what they expect short people to do

PS: never gonna use the Leg Press again!
Old 08-31-2011, 03:43 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Hoping to go to the gym tomorrow whilst hubby goes to the cinema, as long as my back feels okay; I figure I can use their ellipticals and such at least.

I had probs with the lat pulldown, I had to stand on tip-toes and then some, just to get hold of the bar Next time, I'm standing on the seat, if I need to...and if they give me a telling off, I'll ask what they expect short people to do

PS: never gonna use the Leg Press again!
I dislike leg presses. They just don't feel good anymore. too bad you didn't have one of the assisted pullups machines. Those look interesting.

What flick is he seeing?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 03:47 PM   #5
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I dislike leg presses. They just don't feel good anymore. too bad you didn't have one of the assisted pullups machines. Those look interesting.

What flick is he seeing?
He's going to see Beginners, tomorrow...but we got him an annual card, so he's prebooked 5 films already
Old 09-02-2011, 04:06 PM   #6
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Today, just cardio, basic stuff, nothing major but a good start to the month nevertheless.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:43 PM   #7
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Lookin forward to the new log. I with you and BTB on the leg press.

How'd the hub. like Beginners? Been wanting to see it.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 04:11 AM   #8
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Like the new log and if it means you dont get bored and we get more musings of Babs then it has to be a good thing...

Leg Press Sucks

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:51 AM   #9
Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I used leg press Thursday as a part of a heavy circuit with barbell rows and dumbell bench. It works for that stuff because when you're heart rate is up you don't have to worry about passing out on heavy squats, but that's probably the singular argument for their existence.

That, and making people feel like they are at least doing SOMETHING for their legs, lol.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 09:12 AM   #10
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Lookin forward to the new log. I with you and BTB on the leg press.

How'd the hub. like Beginners? Been wanting to see it.
Hubby gave the film a 1 out of 10...it was a bit too much all over the place for him; but he said there were positive points in the portrayals though he expected a lot more because of the lead men but it just didn't deliver.

He's just gone off to the pics again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Like the new log and if it means you dont get bored and we get more musings of Babs then it has to be a good thing...

Leg Press Sucks

Carl.
Yeah, I figured writing things at the gym then filling in paper here and then writing it all out again for the forum was getting tedious, and I didn't get as much time to get to other people's logs, plus I only have the odd increase in weight or breakthrough...so musings and a few snippets of lifts minus all the reps/sets stuff (possibly) seems the way to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
I used leg press Thursday as a part of a heavy circuit with barbell rows and dumbell bench. It works for that stuff because when you're heart rate is up you don't have to worry about passing out on heavy squats, but that's probably the singular argument for their existence.

That, and making people feel like they are at least doing SOMETHING for their legs, lol.
I think the Leg Press would have been better had the trainer explained the finer points but as it was all I got was "Back against the seat, brace abs, push!" he omitted the points about pelvic tilt, and not to go too deep on it, in fact he kept encouraging me to go deeper just because he saw that I could, even though that didn't signify that I had good lumbar flexibility just that I had good hip flexibility and after doing research I needed more of the former for the Leg Press.

He also didn't lower the weight load from when he was demonstrating the machine, not that I had any issues with it, but I feel he should have set it to the lightest setting since I'd never used the machine before...I don't even know what weightload I was pushing, I'll have a nose at the machine this week and see, since it was about 5 or so blocks down.

I've also got to ask them if they're in lbs or kgs.