Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 01-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #511
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Well if I am being honest, I thought you looked too thin in that picture. I know that goes against the grain, but I think an extra 15-20 pounds from that pic would look healthy. I hope this makes sense. I don't think skinny looks healthy, not that I mean fat looks healthy.
Yep, I know what you mean. Even I thought I looked better in the pic than after I'd gained the lean tissue and had an extra drop in bodyfat that wasn't really there to start with but that just means I can have a slightly higher bodyfat than I had at that point which is great, best of both worlds.

I also know that as women age they look better with slightly more bodyfat anyway, not huge amounts but above the amount normally stated for "athletic" builds and such.

They're the things I will be keeping an eye on and if my waist drops close to what it was then, I can afford to add more bodyfat etc, or add weight which would mean a bit more bodyfat anyway, so it's all good...as long as I keep an eye on it.
Old 01-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #512
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

I agree, women look better a little heavier than they want to be themselves.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #513
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
I agree, women look better a little heavier than they want to be themselves.
Yup, and yet the amount of gaunt looking females around that think they look great is amazing; the facial features are what really gives it away, once the cheeks start to really sink inwards, it's not a good look no matter what the body or face looks like.
Old 01-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #514
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Another lazy day, I was going to get some rack pulls in and some KB work which I need to be in the right mind for but decided to chill out today.

I have lots to get done tomorrow, so I figured a bit more wouldn't hurt; I'd really like to get the KB work done because it's a trial session to see where I am in regards to the Total Load Work (which I will fully explain, once I have given it a good few months trial and have some feedback on it to present); if I do the rack pulls, however, then I may not do the KB work because I will need to be fresh for Thursday and Friday with hubby having doctors and x-rays and such lined up on those days.

I'll see how I feel, tomorrow, which will be dependent on whether hubby sleeps well or not as well; most nights I'm awake a lot with him having restless nights, and in and out of bed logging down when he's taking his meds, in case the info is required at any point in time by ambulance paramedics etc.

But, I should be able to get a bit of exercise in of some sort.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #515
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

What? A lazy day?

Enjoy the rest Babs.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #516
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
But, the mirror and common sense will tell, in the end.
I believe that is something truly profound that will stay with me for a very long time. Thanks.

On another note, you had a difficult year and prevailed, actually even advanced. That's what it's all about.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:03 AM   #517
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Enjoy the rest day and don't feel guilty. The mind needs to recharge just like the rest of the body.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #518
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
What? A lazy day?

Enjoy the rest Babs.
Thanks Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
I believe that is something truly profound that will stay with me for a very long time. Thanks.

On another note, you had a difficult year and prevailed, actually even advanced. That's what it's all about.
Yep, the mirror really counts, numbers just don't fit anywhere considering lean mass weights more, too little bodyfat at an older age leaves us looking ill etc...still nice to watch the numbers but better to have them in complete perspective instead of just numbers.

Thanks Mike The year, or continuation, doesn't look like getting better any time soon but, that's life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Enjoy the rest day and don't feel guilty. The mind needs to recharge just like the rest of the body.
Thanks Off Road I reckon I needed it.
Old 01-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #519
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Lousy migraine today, it figures really...so, no workouts, since I need to try and chill to let it take its course in prep for tomorrow which is a busy day.

Spent the morning in bed, aside from getting up to get hubby meals and drinks, and I think it's starting to ease up a bit now, thankfully; it's just tiredness setting in and causing it, I think.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #520
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Sorry you've felt like crap today, hope it subsides by tomorrow at the latest.