Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Some decent P.Cleans there m8.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 12:28 PM   #662
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Some mighty fine work Kuyt, even when feeling off. Look into some soft tissue work for that shoulder...
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:57 AM   #663
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Now that you've had a few days for it to rest, does that seem more tendon related, or does it appear to me a muscle tear?
I'm no expert on biology so I couldn't say for sure though the pain only manifests itself when pressing from the chest. Pressing from the ear a la dumbbell presses causes no pain at all. So it's the first few inches from the chest only. Doesn't seem to affect any other lift either: Benches Shrugs chins are all unaffected pain wise. I had a similar issue a couple of years ago and it took 6 weeks to heal properly. Difference was, that injury affected a lot of my lifts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Some decent P.Cleans there m8.
Cheers old chap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Some mighty fine work Kuyt, even when feeling off. Look into some soft tissue work for that shoulder...
Thanks Pull. I may try that if the pain persists.

Sunday 25 March
Squat
65x5
85x3
105x1
120x1
132.5 x 1 - This was a technical mess. I got every point wrong. Stance not as wide as usual, not a good walkout, breathing not right, didn't push out on sides of feet and didn't push knees out properly. Managed the rep... barely. At least I know what went wrong

125: 5 x singles - After 2 dodgy reps, I widened my grip on the bar. This immediately made me more stable on walkout. Followed the queues better and the result was 3 good singles.

Good Mornings
60x5
70x3
75x3
80x3
85x3 - Felt awkward
80x3
May have to watch some MAB's beasts do heavy GM's to make sure I am getting it right.

Dynamic Shrugs
80x5
100x5
120x5
125x5
130x5 - A PR but still too light. I'll improve.

Pendlay Rows - This was technique purposes. Wanted to see when my form broke down a little.
60x5
65x5
70x5
75x5 - Started being less technically proficient
75x5 - Thinking 70 for 5x5 is a good starting point. Get the volume in and get this exercise right.

Speed Deadlifts
105 x 2 x 6 - May drop down to 100. Not happy with speed compared to last week.

Chins
1,2,3,1,2,2 - Not good but no surprise. I'll have to throw in some 1,2,3 ladders during sessions for more reps

Abs
Weighted Crunches + 30kg - 3 x 8 supersetted with
Russian Twists + 15kg - 3 x 8

Took advantage of the fact half the gym members forgot about the clocks going an hour forward. I did as well and was 15 minutes later than usual but the place was deserted for 45 minutes May not have the chance to use the rack as much as today for some time.
Also damaged my MP3 player as it fell out of my pocket and got smacked by the 15kg dumbbell during the Russian Twists
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:02 AM   #664
tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

I always take note of how observant you are when training and how much you're learning; keep up the great work kuyt!

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #665
Kuytrider
Max Brawn

Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
I always take note of how observant you are when training and how much you're learning; keep up the great work kuyt!
Cheers mate. I've learned that gains come hard so I need to work my arse off for every improvement. Attention to detail is crucial
Old 03-25-2012, 07:46 AM   #666
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Great session kuyt
Old 03-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #667
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I'm no expert on biology so I couldn't say for sure though the pain only manifests itself when pressing from the chest. Pressing from the ear a la dumbbell presses causes no pain at all. So it's the first few inches from the chest only. Doesn't seem to affect any other lift either: Benches Shrugs chins are all unaffected pain wise. I had a similar issue a couple of years ago and it took 6 weeks to heal properly. Difference was, that injury affected a lot of my lifts.
Could be a minor tear. I was able to OHP with a shoulder tear, but was not able to bench. Just take ti day by day and it should heal.

Quote:
May have to watch some MAB's beasts do heavy GM's to make sure I am getting it right.
I like a slightly wider stance than what you use for squats. I do mine similar to a squat in that I try to push my hips back and down a bit. I personally see not point in keeping the hips high and legs straight. Both the deadlift and squat involve raising and lowering of the hips, so I want the good morning to be closer to this, while being more lower back focused.

This video might be more helpful:

Do NOT do these:

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:17 PM   #668
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Sounds like a bad technique day, I hate those. Still, you got the work done and I bet you'll find your groove next time.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 12:21 PM   #669
JordanK91
Max Brawn
Points: 3,712, Level: 38 Points: 3,712, Level: 38 Points: 3,712, Level: 38
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%

Training Exp: 2 - beginner
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: USN Muscle Fuel
JordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributorJordanK91 is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
Very true point!

Strill a very strong session Kuyt!

It may be worth getting the shoulder checked out properly if the pain persists or else it may set you back for a long time further down the line
JordanK91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 02:40 PM   #670
Kuytrider
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Great session kuyt
Thanks mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Could be a minor tear. I was able to OHP with a shoulder tear, but was not able to bench. Just take ti day by day and it should heal.

I like a slightly wider stance than what you use for squats. I do mine similar to a squat in that I try to push my hips back and down a bit. I personally see not point in keeping the hips high and legs straight. Both the deadlift and squat involve raising and lowering of the hips, so I want the good morning to be closer to this, while being more lower back focused.

Good Mornings Buffalo Bar - YouTube

This video might be more helpful:

30May09 Good Morning 225 lbs x8+3+3+2+2 Myo-Reps style - YouTube

Do NOT do these:

Bodybuilding Exercises : Bodybuilding: Good Morning Exercise - YouTube
Thanks Steve. I recorded one set of GM's from 2-3 weeks back and it is not too dissimilar to these videos in technique. I will record it again next week for my purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Sounds like a bad technique day, I hate those. Still, you got the work done and I bet you'll find your groove next time.
Thanks mate. Technique was off for almost all the session until the last 2-3 singles when I finally got some sort of flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanK91 View Post
Very true point!

Strill a very strong session Kuyt!

It may be worth getting the shoulder checked out properly if the pain persists or else it may set you back for a long time further down the line
Thanks Jordan. I have to ramp up the intensity to keep pace with young lions like yourself