Old 11-12-2011, 09:14 AM   #141
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
My grip was probably dead from the deadlifts to be honest. I may use the same deadlift grip for the shrugs because double overhand dies for me at 90kg.
I would recommend the Versa Gripp or straps route

Quote:
127.5x5 PR
Made the reps but I was losing control of the bar by the 4th rep. First time that has happened and I was all over the shop on the ascent for the final 2 reps.
Congrats on the PR. Was the bar slipping down?

Quote:
The next step will be the 4 day program I mentioned in the last post with an emphasis on heavy singles and see where that takes me. I considered that program prior to Madcow. Had a good 11-12 weeks and hope for similar results with the next step.
Good luck. Hope it will take you where you need to go and then some.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2011, 11:02 AM   #142
Kuytrider
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

[QUOTE=BendtheBar;188424]

Congrats on the PR. Was the bar slipping down?

QUOTE]

Thanks

No, I was starting to sway a bit as I struggled to lift the weight. It didn't even feel as if it was my legs were doing the work and I struggled to keep my upper back straight. I had none of these problems with 125kg. The first 2-3 reps were ok but it all broke down thereafter though I just held it together. I do think the heavy singles route will help and it probably suits me better right now. The important thing is I will be going balls out after my return from the wedding.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #143
Fazc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
Cheers
Switching to 4 days where I will do no more than 2 big lifts a session followed by a max of 2-3 assistance lifts. The goal is to keep sessions to less than 60 minutes of heavy and hard lifting with extra heavy volume on the lifts where I am stalling currently.

I will probably end up doing this: Muscle, Health and Strength: Raw Powerlifting: How To Increase Your One Rep Max
at some point in early 2012 but for now, I will increase volume on stalling lifts and go back to the Madcow ramping sets when I feel my lifts are up to speed.
I just spotted this. I'll help you hash out a plan when you're back from your bro's. Why don't you take a week off after you've tested your maxes and we'll put something together.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #144
Kuytrider
Max Brawn

Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
I just spotted this. I'll help you hash out a plan when you're back from your bro's. Why don't you take a week off after you've tested your maxes and we'll put something together.
Thanks a lot
I am planning a deload week when I return to recover and get ready. Looking forward
Old 11-13-2011, 04:44 PM   #145
tank
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor
Thumbs up

subbed. Nice work bro! look forward to seeing your next routine.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #146
Kuytrider
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tank View Post
subbed. Nice work bro! look forward to seeing your next routine.
Cheers mate and good luck with Madcow. You have a good base and you'll definitely make progress if you grit those teeth, lift and eat

First 1RM max day today and I have to say, it went well

Deadlift
60x8
90x5
105x3
120x1
135x1
150kgx1PR
Almost lost it but I realise that I am trying to shrug the flipping thing instead of just standing up straight! 155kg is a possibility here and I am confident that the next step will bring my deads toward the 170kg mark.

Push Press
Did these with the bar in the starting position by the chest instead of my usual clean before pressing.
30x8
45x5
52.5x3
60x1
67.5x1
75kgx1 PR
77.5kg x 0
Disappointed that I didn't make the 77.5kg because the 75kg was very manageable. I think I probably didn't rest enough between the previous set and the final one.

Weighted chins
+5kg: 3 x 5

Abs:
Declines: 5 x 12
2 x 12 normal, 1 x 12 with 6kg and 2 x 12 with twists

Rear Lateral
5kg: 1 x 8
6kg: 1 x 12
7kg: 2 x 12

Bench tomorrow 1RM max attempt
Old 11-14-2011, 11:23 AM   #147
markievicz
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

good session Kuytrider..... 2PB's in the one session = result
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #148
tank
Max Brawn

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
Cheers mate and good luck with Madcow. You have a good base and you'll definitely make progress if you grit those teeth, lift and eat

First 1RM max day today and I have to say, it went well

Deadlift
60x8
90x5
105x3
120x1
135x1
150kgx1PR
Almost lost it but I realise that I am trying to shrug the flipping thing instead of just standing up straight! 155kg is a possibility here and I am confident that the next step will bring my deads toward the 170kg mark.

Push Press
Did these with the bar in the starting position by the chest instead of my usual clean before pressing.
30x8
45x5
52.5x3
60x1
67.5x1
75kgx1 PR
77.5kg x 0
Disappointed that I didn't make the 77.5kg because the 75kg was very manageable. I think I probably didn't rest enough between the previous set and the final one.

Weighted chins
+5kg: 3 x 5

Abs:
Declines: 5 x 12
2 x 12 normal, 1 x 12 with 6kg and 2 x 12 with twists

Rear Lateral
5kg: 1 x 8
6kg: 1 x 12
7kg: 2 x 12

Bench tomorrow 1RM max attempt

thanks bro! i gotta learn metric for you. lol.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #149
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Excellent training day. Crush that bench PR.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #150
Kuytrider
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Excellent training day. Crush that bench PR.
Thanks everyone

I have no idea what my 1RM in bench is to be honest. I did 95kgx5 without a spotter but 97.5kg felt heavy both times and I have no idea how many I would have got. I'm going for 105kg and if it feels ok, I might try 110kg or 107.5kg