Old 02-05-2010, 07:33 PM   #501
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Mister T in the Hizzie!

Foo!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2010, 04:37 PM   #502
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default Monday Feb 8th

Ran my new program thru a session to calcualte weights and see if I need to make any tweaks. I pretty much nailed it. I may adjust a few weights by a couple of pounds but other than that, I loved todays session. This is something I've been working on for a few weeks as a tweak to my program.

This feels just right, just like Golidlocks.

Squats Heavy
1x5@150
1x5@200
1x5@220
1x5@240
1x5@260
1x10@205

That 260 set kicked butt. I worked to get that done. That made the 205 set way hard. I'm going to leave this as is, and work on getting that 205 up to the 20 reps. That should only take a few sessions. I also held just a little back to see how I feel at the end of the week. This next 16 weeks is about running right on the ragged edge.

Bench Heavy

1x5@150
1x5@180
1x5@200
1x5@220
1x2@240
1x6@180

I need to keep adding a rep to that 240 set. Next session I'll BD it to 5 reps.
I'll drop the flush set to 150, and work with that. Good overall sets.

BB rows, MED.

3x10@150

BHN Press MED.

1x10@95
1x8@95
1x6@95

I want to get a solid 10 reps on this. Drop it to 90, and work with that next time.

BB curl MED.

3x8@80

Solid session today!! Squats are harder right now, because I'm really working form. Some of the weights are that I was getting pretty good speed with I've slowed down a little. Better form means better work.

Only one more entry in this log, and then I move over to my Contest log fulltime starting this Friday.

These last 5 months of training since I started this log have really been a journey. I would like to say thanks to everybody who has followed along, and offered support. The future looks bright, and I'm looking forward to the next phase of my training.

GL
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:31 PM   #503
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post

These last 5 months of training since I started this log have really been a journey. I would like to say thanks to everybody who has followed along, and offered support. The future looks bright, and I'm looking forward to the next phase of my training.

GL
I'm glad things are rolling along for you so well. It's been good to watch your progress. On squats, is the 150 pound set your first warmup, or do you have any before that?

Old 02-08-2010, 06:36 PM   #504
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I'm glad things are rolling along for you so well. It's been good to watch your progress. On squats, is the 150 pound set your first warmup, or do you have any before that?
Yes, 150 is the first set. I was thinking after the fact to start at 180. I'm going to start at 180 on Friday and see how that goes.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #505
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Default Wednesday Feb. 10th

Trial run "B" session new program. Just got done, I'm worked, but not totally being drug in the dirt. based on how I felt Tuesday after Mondays session I'd say I'm just about spot on.

I need to drop a few lbs on a couple of worksets to make sure I'm getting the right amount of reps, and not overworking the medium intensity moves.

The heavy stuff feels pretty solid with the weights I've picked so far. I'm going to give the pyamid scheme a solid month, and see how I'm liking it.
There are pro's, and cons, to both the pyamid, and the Reg Park style that I have been using.

Pryamid allows for a heavier top set, but Parks scheme is simpler, and has allowed for some great strength gains. I'll play with it and see.

Todays session

Deads

1x5@180
1x5@220
1x5@250
1-1-1-1-1-@270
1x10@200

Little bit of grip issues with the top set, but not to bad. Rest pause was about 30-45 seconds for each rep. First order of buisness is to get that top set better. 210 on the flush set next time. Back felt pretty good after this. I felt better today after having gone lighter on the BB rows on Monday.

Standing press
1x5@90
1x5@110
1x5@130 slight push
1x5@150 push press
1@150
1x10@90

Must get stronger on Presses.

Close grip bench press
1x10@150
1x7@150
1x6@150

After heavy presses, 150 is to heavy. Drop to 140, and make sure to get the3x10. It's important to not go to heavy on the medium moves, or it blows the overall workload of the session.

Chins/Dips superset

Chins 10-5-4
Dips 10-10-8

Finished

Felt good.

Last person out, hit the lights.

Last edited by glwanabe; 02-10-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:43 PM   #506
jhuse2
Big Tex
Max Brawn

jhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good postsjhuse2 has made some very good posts

That is a real good workout. I only saw one thing wrong. Today is Wed. Feb.10,2010.
DEAD LIFTS: . . . . . . . .255/300/435
OVERHEAD PRESS: . . . . 110/135/170

Transformation Contest BULK
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...test-bulk.html
Workout Log
http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...ngth-form.html
~HOT SH!T.. ROCK & ROLL~
jhuse2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #507
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Thanks! fixed that. I've been working on stuff for tomorrow all day at work.

Everything requires that you input the date. Since I was cancelling tomorrows flight schedule, In my mind it was the 11th.

Good thing Train didn't see it, he would have loved to find and fix that goof.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:53 PM   #508
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Looking good GL. Btw, my Versa Gripps are really working well for deadlifts. How did your triceps feel after this blasting?

Old 02-10-2010, 05:58 PM   #509
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Looking good GL. Btw, my Versa Gripps are really working well for deadlifts. How did your triceps feel after this blasting?
They felt worked, but I'll have a better idea tomorrow. From Mondays session they felt worked as well. I'm planning on getting an oly curl bar tomorrow if the store has one. I miss doing french presses.

Pushing hard on the dips again felt good. I'm going to really hit those as well.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:37 PM   #510
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
I'm planning on getting an oly curl bar tomorrow if the store has one. I miss doing french presses.
Get 2. I want one for curls.