Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 09-24-2009, 02:13 PM   #31
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwys61 View Post
Nice Log

The Madcow approach is very effective. I have and still will use that approach on certain exercises.
Thanks. The whole thing is a work in progress, not unlike my broken body.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2009, 03:27 PM   #32
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn
Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93 Points: 22,927, Level: 93
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Bodybuilding
Fav Supp: EFX K-Otic Orange Ambush
rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

Carry on.....
User owns 3x $30 I\'ll Pump You Up cash User owns 1x $20 I\'ll Pump You Up cash

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

http://allamericanefx.com/

Certified Personal Trainer
Training and Nutrition at
www.flexfitnessandnutrition.com

"Take control and push your limits!"
rippednmichigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:16 AM   #33
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default Friday Sept. 25th.

My legs felt good using the madcow approach. I like the power aspect of the Reg Park type 5x5, and will continue using that were I can. Did a little different session today, and expanded it a bit. I was looking to have a little better body progression from legs to back to shoulders.

Did a general whole body warmup with the empty bar to get the blood flowing, and stretch a little.
================================================== ========

Squats

2x5@130
1X5@145
1X5@165
1X5@185

Last three worksets are all up 5lbs from last session. The 185 for the last set was hard, and I almost stalled out getting back up. These squats ate ATG Olympic style.

Deads

3X5@185

This is the crossover move I added in today. The form for these is the first two parts of an olympic pull. Traps are shrugged at the top.

Bent rows

5x5@120

Decreased weight for these today. I was already a little worked from the added deadlift work. The weight felt as heavy as my normal row weight from the previous dead work.

Standing presses

3x5@120
2x5@120 push presses

Again, was feeling the extra work, and I had upped my weight from last session by 5lbs.

Bench press

2X5@130
1X5@185
2X4@185

Work sets are up 5lbs from last session. Was working hard on these, but feeling motivated. Almost had a bad accident. I forgot to add a 25lb plate to the bar on one side, and went to lift off. What a maroon! I was getting tired!

Dips
3Xtill I couldn't go.

The chin, pullup bar was not my friend today. The workout had been good, but I wanted a little more bicep work.

Barbell curls
3X5@60

I was feeling pretty wasted from all of the previous work. That 60 felt surprisingly heavy. This how I like to incorportate bicep work anyway. Just finish them after they have already been hit by compounds. I don't usually do more than 3 sets for them.

Finished

Total time today was about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Two off days till next session. I plan to continue hitting a little harder on Fridays.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:38 PM   #34
big valsalva
Viking Warrior
Max Brawn
Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64 Points: 9,101, Level: 64
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 10 years
Training Type: 5x5
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Meat
big valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beastbig valsalva is a lifting beast

Way to go! Looks like a very good workout. You're right, with all the compounds, the biceps don't need much more than finishing work. I'm envious of your presses, both overhead and bench. Not good moves for me.
Keep up the good work.

Cancer Survivor - 7/21/10

Benchmark 5K time: 27:45 (3/5/11)

It's not the weight we move, but the people we move that matters. -- Bearded Beast of Duloc (12/31/10)
big valsalva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 04:35 AM   #35
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big valsalva View Post
Way to go! Looks like a very good workout. You're right, with all the compounds, the biceps don't need much more than finishing work. I'm envious of your presses, both overhead and bench. Not good moves for me.
Keep up the good work.

Thanks Val,

I'm really enjoying myself, and look forward to each workout. I can feel my strength returning, and that feels good.
Old 09-26-2009, 06:13 AM   #36
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn

rippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beastrippednmichigan is a lifting beast

agreed nice lifts man, my over head press suffers since I hurt my shoulder earlier this year.

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

Old 09-26-2009, 07:25 AM   #37
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Thanks Val,

I'm really enjoying myself, and look forward to each workout. I can feel my strength returning, and that feels good.
Great job! Keep hitting it hard. Small steps win the race. I don't do much bicep work either. I've never been much of a beach work, abs & biceps, guy.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:14 AM   #38
rippednmichigan
Social Media Manager/REP
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
I've never been much of a beach work, abs & biceps, guy.
You talking about me here?

Pure-Potent-Drug Free

Last edited by rippednmichigan; 09-26-2009 at 09:17 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:22 AM   #39
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Thanks all,

My desire has never been stronger, and I have my goal, and my plan firmly visualized. It's all about the classic "Golden age" look. with the strength to go with it.

Like you said Steve, it's all about baby steps. I'm curious to see how fast my squat strength will return to it's old former levels. I've already surpassed my best bench numbers a few months back.

When I came in from my workout yesterday, I was really pumped. My Wife was a little shocked. She's not usually home when I'm lifting, and my whole body looked big. She's being supportive, and knows I really want this.

Once my midsection looses a bit more of the fat I'm still carrying, I will really look different. I can feel the abs under the blanket I'm wearing right now. I really need to keep hammering my legs and get some mass on those suckers. They are better than they were, but nowhere close to where they need to be. Need to take pictures as well, but man do I hate seeing myself like this.

Making sure I'm eating when I should and getting the amount of calories I need is actually the hardest part. I know I have to do it, if I want to achieve my goal. Writing this log is very helpful as well.

Last edited by glwanabe; 09-26-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:51 AM   #40
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Making sure I'm eating when I should and getting the amount of calories I need is actually the hardest part. I know I have to do it, if I want to achieve my goal. Writing this log is very helpful as well.
Best of luck with that. that's my sticking point too. I was once highly motivated and disciplined with diet. I hope we can both get back to that level.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote