Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #121
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
Caseys articles are far better than this book, but it's still nice to read the mans words and thoughts.
Yes, I'd rather read something old school then another Weider-crap new school book.

I have a very long interview that I did with Casey (almost 10 k words) that will be coming out soon.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #122
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
Yes, I'd rather read something old school then another Weider-crap new school book.

I have a very long interview that I did with Casey (almost 10 k words) that will be coming out soon.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:39 PM   #123
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

His thumb looks bruised

Old 10-24-2009, 09:41 AM   #124
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

Todays workout is cancelled, to allow for rest. I've been hitting it for several months without much of a break. Back on Monday.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:27 PM   #125
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Todays workout is cancelled, to allow for rest. I've been hitting it for several months without much of a break. Back on Monday.
Sounds good. Rest up.

Old 10-25-2009, 04:36 AM   #126
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Saying that I rested is not quite accurate.

I took the family to the renaissence festival yesterday. Knowing that I was going to be walking all day, I just bagged it. Still, there was plenty of cardio to be had, as well as a the required smoked turkey leg for lunch.

Lots of interesting costumes, and people. One notable music act among many. A kind of gypsy old world group. The had various instuments, including a sitar, violin, guitar, hand drums, and a small hand pump organ. They played Kashmir, and it rocked!

All in all, it was an enjoyable day. I ended up getting to bed pretty late, but it was all good. The road going out to the event had some real nice curvy sections. So I got to really throw the new Maxima into it hard. That car rocks.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:58 AM   #127
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:

Lots of interesting costumes, and people. One notable music act among many. A kind of gypsy old world group. The had various instuments, including a sitar, violin, guitar, hand drums, and a small hand pump organ. They played Kashmir, and it rocked!
Would have loved to hear that version.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:16 PM   #128
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Default Monday Oct 26th

Really motivated to workout today. A little tired, but motivated. Really stressed to get good form on squats and bent rows. I'm not quite happy with how hard I'm able to squeeze my shoulder blades together at the top. My back is still getting worked properly though.
================================================== ========
squat
1x10@130
3x10@180

As long as I lean a little bit forward through the move it alleviates most of the strained feeling. Did a bar weight front squat, and I really felt it.
bent rows
2x10@135
1x8@135

Was really trying to pull shoulders together at the top. That little extrta effort made a difference in my final reps. Thats good, I'm getting better form.
Presses

1x10@110
1x7@110
1x5@110

It felt like the extra effort of the bent rows carried over to this move. I've done better than this with this weight.
Bench

1x10@180
1x6@180

matched my squat weight. Only two sets but, I was worked. ================================================== ========
CGBP
1x10@130
2x5@130

Really nailed my form on this, and got a good couple of sets. I changed how I pushed the weight, and it made a huge difference. Tri's were hit hard.
BB curl
2x5@90
pullovers

1x30@35

Really liking this move. I had not done these in years till a few weeks ago.
finished

keeping it at one hour consistantly.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:24 PM   #129
jwood
Anabolic Addiction Rep
Max Brawn
Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93 Points: 22,560, Level: 93
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Push press
Fav Supp: Razor 8 Blast Powder
jwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beastjwood is a lifting beast

Awesome workout man, I like to see that you are stressing form, that has been a key for my strength, proper form.

How long are your rest periods? You squeeze a lot of volume into one hour, that is impressive.
jwood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #130
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Thanks Jwood,

I try to keep rest between sets to no more than a minute. Between moves, about 2-3 minutes. I want to keep the intensity up.

Last edited by glwanabe; 10-26-2009 at 03:41 PM.