Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #101
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member

The name brand is "University". I can't find them on the web, and the store I bought it form does not carry it any longer. It's all pretty decent stuff, not top of the line, but it works.

The tower unit does not have any cables or pulleys. It is just a tower unit. I just have my rings setup so that I can hang them from the chin bar.

My main barbell is a CAP olympic set, with 310lbs. I got a pretty good deal on all of it.

The lat tower was 78.00
The bench with squat stands was 99.00
The barbell set was 119.00, but I asked for a discount, and got 10% off.

I had spent a bunch of money in the store over the last few weeks, and had always had the same salesman. So I asked for a break on the stuff.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #102
glwanabe
Max Brawn

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default Sat. Oct 17th

The slight strain on my hip is getting better, but still there. I don't think it's anything serious, and will get better if I just go easy on it.

Swapped the order of work today as an experiment. Didn't like it. Will Go back to original order next session. Did not like this progression because of equipment setup, and energy levels for larger muscle groups.
================================================== ========
standing press

2x10@110
1x4@110
bench

2x10@150
1x8@150
row

3x10@130
form was a little off
squat
3x10@150

Push last set to 12 then add weight.
CGBP
1x10@130
1x6@130
1x8 dips

form was better on bp, so my reps were less this time.
1x10@70
1x7@70
1x4@70
pullovers

25lb plate
30 reps
finished
Old 10-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #103
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glwanabe View Post
The name brand is "University". I can't find them on the web, and the store I bought it form does not carry it any longer. It's all pretty decent stuff, not top of the line, but it works.

The tower unit does not have any cables or pulleys. It is just a tower unit. I just have my rings setup so that I can hang them from the chin bar.

My main barbell is a CAP olympic set, with 310lbs. I got a pretty good deal on all of it.

The lat tower was 78.00
The bench with squat stands was 99.00
The barbell set was 119.00, but I asked for a discount, and got 10% off.

I had spent a bunch of money in the store over the last few weeks, and had always had the same salesman. So I asked for a break on the stuff.
I'm thinking it might be the same manufacturer as mine. Or at least made from the same factory.

I couldn't mentally squat without a rack. My basement is so small I have no where to dump weight.

I have this sumo squat rack...paid $350 I think...

SUMO RACK

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #104
swoleramon
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,568, Level: 37 Points: 3,568, Level: 37 Points: 3,568, Level: 37
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

swoleramon is new to the forumswoleramon is new to the forum

You ever do overhead squats? I tried them last weekend and nearly killed myself. I think I need to start with just the bar?
Old 10-17-2009, 11:17 AM   #105
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscleandBrawn View Post
I'm thinking it might be the same manufacturer as mine. Or at least made from the same factory.

I couldn't mentally squat without a rack. My basement is so small I have no where to dump weight.

I have this sumo squat rack...paid $350 I think...

SUMO RACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by swoleramon View Post
You ever do overhead squats? I tried them last weekend and nearly killed myself. I think I need to start with just the bar?
YUP! Everything about that rack looks like it was made in the same factory.

Overhead squats you say. Yes I do them. I just haven't done them in a few months. I did have to start out with just the bar as well. I got up to 100lbs for 5 reps. I usually do some bar weight overheads as part of my warmup.

Overheads will go back into the rotation in a little while.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:37 PM   #106
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Default Monday Oct 19th

The strained area on my front thigh area, continues to feel better. It's still there, but not as bad. I felt it a lot more doing some RDL's today. Even with a faily light weight, the pull back to upright was much more noticeable. Probably torqued it last week with the heavier deads.

The 10 rep sets are working, while I go easier and don't push to hard, so as to not aggravate it.

================================================== ======== squats

3x10@160

will go to 170 on Thursday, and put a warmup at 130 in.
================================================== =======
RDL

1x10@130

As noted, I could feel this more in the strained area.
rows

2x10@135
1x8@135
Need to really concentrate and focus on these. I really want these to get as strong as my BP.
upright row

3x10@90

rest pause on the last two reps.
bench

2x10@160
1x7@160
CGBP

2x5@130

Worked a different hand position, and push. Was also more fatigued from the Flat bench. Good hit on the Triceps, they really got worked.
BB curls

3x8@70
pullovers

1x20@40

Just keep banging away. The scale said 172lbs this morning. I don't mind losing more weight, but the worksets need to keep going up as they have been. Even with the slight change to let things heal up, I still feel like progress is being made. Weights and reps keep improving. Legs are getting stronger, and my knees are not getting worse. I've been slowly increasing my calories. Everything is going in the right direction.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:57 PM   #107
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Are you trying to lose weight, or is it just happening? I didn't recall you mentioning weight loss as a goal...but then again, I'm old

Old 10-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #108
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
Are you trying to lose weight, or is it just happening? I didn't recall you mentioning weight loss as a goal...but then again, I'm old
It's just happening. It's only been a few pounds over the last month, but the dial is inching ever so slowly down to the 170 mark. At the rate I've been going down, I'm not really worried about it. I'll be taping around the 11th of every month to check results.

A normal day during my work week. I sit at a desk for 10hrs a shift in a dark room.

Breakfast @ 2:00am

3 eggs fried in olive oil
serving oatmeal
3 liver tabs
multi vitamin
b-complex
COFFEE!

Between 6-7:00am

protein drink
serving oatmeal
3 fish oil caps
3 liver tabs

9-10:00am

protein drink
oatmeal
3 fish oil caps
3 liver tabs
piece fruit or some almonds

12:30pm before going home

protein drink
fish oil
liver

Workout 1:30-2:30 pm M-W-F

followed by protein
fish oil
liver tabs

go pick up daughter at school

eat a meal, 3:00pm

meat/eggs
rice
veggies

6:30pm
protein drink before bed
fish oil
liver tabs

On my days off, I eat several hundred more calories per day, and usually on Sunday I get more calories as well.

Last edited by glwanabe; 10-20-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:12 AM   #109
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

How are the low carbs treating your sleep? They usually give me fits.

Old 10-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #110
glwanabe
Max Brawn

Quote:
How are the low carbs treating your sleep? They usually give me fits.
Sleep is an issue no matter what. My schedule is constantly in flux every 3 or 4 days. I've been upping the amount of fat I'm taking in, and slowly increasing calories. I've got my days were I pig out, and eat a lot for a couple of days.

Gotta get back to work.