Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Some fine work there Big J, and I'm really glad the stretches are working out for you

I curl using my oly BB and love it. However, I curl in my squat rack Now that I think about it, I do everything in my squat rack

I have always found 5 lbs works great for dip progression
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1310 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-31-2011, 10:32 AM   #22
CLEEPER
Max Brawn
Points: 5,980, Level: 50 Points: 5,980, Level: 50 Points: 5,980, Level: 50
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: Classic
Fav Exercise: Behind the neck press
Fav Supp: Fusion 7 Protien
CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Some fine work there Big J, and I'm really glad the stretches are working out for you

I curl using my oly BB and love it. However, I curl in my squat rack Now that I think about it, I do everything in my squat rack

me too and I do care who I piss off
Old 07-31-2011, 10:49 PM   #23
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abaddon View Post
Solid work Josh. Glad everything felt 'good' lol - when everything feels good, people all too often take it for granted
Thanks AB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post

Thanks Squatter!
1. That is really cool you have a squat rack.
2. Look at yourself in the mirror and make a rude remark about being a lame squat rack curler.
Just kidding about #2. And, I think once you can curl a plate on each side you are allowed to curl in the squat rack, so by my standards, even in a public gym, you would be allowed to soon enough.
5lbs is what I was thinking. I think I'll try 5 lb jumps until progression slows and then go from there. Thanks for the feedback!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEEPER View Post
me too and I do care who I piss off
You do care who you piss off? The guilt must keep you up at night.
I'm assuming you meant you don't care....
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 10:54 PM   #24
james2012
New Brawn
Points: 192, Level: 3 Points: 192, Level: 3 Points: 192, Level: 3
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 year
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Barbell Row
james2012 is off to a bad start

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Squat 105,135,155,184x5; 215x3; 155x8
Bench press 120,150,180,210x5; 245x3; 180x8
Pendlay Row 85,105,125,145x5; 170x3; 125x8
Parallel bar dips bwx8,8,8
BB curls 60x8,8,8
Lying tricep ext. 75x8,8,8

Overall Workout Grade: B+
Notes:
This was a great workout. I left feeling very good about it. I feel very good about the Madcow Protocol.

I really stretched my groin before squatting and after the first couple sets. It seemed to have a big impact. I'm hoping this is all I need to do in order to continue squating successfully. When I initially had this issue, in my last log, a few guys suggested stretches. I didn't really think that was a solution, but know I think otherwise.

Bench felt good.

Rows felt good.

I hadn't done dips in some time. I wasn't real sure how it was going to go. They seemed to feel fine, I hit all 3 sets relatively easy. Know the question is do I add 2.5, 5, or 10 pounds for next week.

Curls felt good. I did them on an actual oly barbell. It felt weird only having a 5 and 2.5 on each side. And just so everyone knows, I did not do them in the squat rack.

Lying tricep extensions felt good. I did them different than I had been. Usually I do the "skullcrusher" variety where you keep the 'upper' portion of the arms in place, 90 degrees, elbows pointed at the ceiling, and bring the weight down to my fore head.
For this routine, I will and did do them with should movement so the bar come to the top of my head. Rippetoe recently posted a video on his website demonstrating this variation.

All in all a good workout. If it wasn't for the fact this is a deload and all my numbers are down because of this, it would easily have qualified as an A. But until I see some progression from where I was, I cannot give a workout an A.
Parallel bar dips are looking good, i can only do 1 but you can push out 8. nice job man... workouts looking good
james2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2011, 11:08 PM   #25
BigJosh
Max Brawn

BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by james2012 View Post
Parallel bar dips are looking good, i can only do 1 but you can push out 8. nice job man... workouts looking good
Keep at it and you'll be hitting reps in no time.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:50 AM   #26
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

well Yes, i meant I DONT Care who I pissed off. lol

i see so many people on forums complain about curling in the squat rack, my rack my rules like Squatter said.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #27
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEEPER View Post
well Yes, i meant I DONT Care who I pissed off. lol

i see so many people on forums complain about curling in the squat rack, my rack my rules like Squatter said.
Nothing wrong with that. I think the problem lies with the crowded public gym that has only one squat rack and the guys who want to squat have to wait for the skinny P***Y in the squat rack who is only curling the bar plus 15 or 20 pounds.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:15 AM   #28
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

HAHA I hadn't bothered reading this thread cos I thought it was about food poisoning. Little did I know you were hiding some strong lifting in here. I'm in now

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:48 AM   #29
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Nothing wrong with that. I think the problem lies with the crowded public gym that has only one squat rack and the guys who want to squat have to wait for the skinny P***Y in the squat rack who is only curling the bar plus 15 or 20 pounds.
I know, i was just joking around. I use to get aggrivated at the gym when people were lifting less then 100 lbs in the squat rack since the gym provided fixxed weight barbells just for that up to 100 lbs. above that I could understand needing the bar to add weight to.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #30
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
When I initially had this issue, in my last log, a few guys suggested stretches. I didn't really think that was a solution, but know I think otherwise.
I used to stretch in between every set. Nothing major. I got away from it for a long time because I read some study about stretching and strength...blah, blah, blah. Your comment reminded me tat I need to get back to my old habits.

Keep charging hard Josh.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote