Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #51
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: Classic
Fav Exercise: Behind the neck press
Fav Supp: Fusion 7 Protien
CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Congrats on the +1's. Now are you liking Novem? I have yet to try it...
I like it, Gives you nice tingles and gets you pumped. I do find that after I start lifting on squats though the tingles go away and energy is good. Im going to try a few samples of N.O xhaust and Ill let you know how it compares.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:06 AM   #52
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Nice lifting buddy. ATG squats are a world apart from parallel and are definitely the way to go.

LtL
Yes they feel so much different but in the short time I have been doing them Im seeing great things happen to my quads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
2nd this Cleeper. I've been doing ATG squats for a while now and I'm finally back up to my former 1RM (200+). Glad you're liking them, you'll never go back now!
I really like them, I have no trouble getting in deep all the way untill my legs are touching at the calves (cant possibly get deeper) and with 185 on the bar I have to dig deep to finish a set yet put 200 on for final set and im digging deep again but im finishing that set as well.

I will stay ATG , feels so much better then parallel and Im more confident in my form this way.
Old 07-30-2011, 06:07 AM   #53
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

WEEK 18 DAY 3

SQUATS
135X11+1
185X10
200X10

DEAD LIFTS
225X5
245X5+10LBS
275X5+10LBS=PB

CHIN UPS
12,10,10= SAME AS LAST TIME

BHTNP
150X9
150X9
150X9+1

BENCH PRESS
150X12+1
170X11
200X11=BON JOVI HELPED ME AGAIN WITH "RAISE YOUR HANDS"

BARBELL CURLS
95X12
95X12+1
95X11

DIPS
BWX21=+1
BWX15
BWX15 HAD TO PUSH WITH EVERYTHING TO GET LAST REP

BARBELL CALF RAISE
215X17
215X17
215X17+1

ABS
PLANKS=
60 SECONDS/30 SECONDS REST
40 SECONDS/20 SECONDS REST
30 SECONDS/3O SECONDS REST THEN INTO LEG LIFTS

LEG LIFTS

AS A FINISHER I DECIDED TO WORK THE WHOLE CORE WITH 20 PUSH UPS . COULD HAVE DONE MORE AND I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE SINCE I HAVE THE WHOLE WEEKEND TO REST. MAY START DOING THAT AT THE END OF EACH WORK OUT . GOING ALL THE WAY TO THE GROUND IS A GOOD CHEST STRETCH. MIGHT START THESE ON DUMBELLS FOR THE EXTRA STRETCH IN THE CHEST.
Sorry for the caps, not yelling

Total work out time was 1hr 30 minutes. and 8 minutes to stretch.

Squats were really hard again but im loving these ATG squats. My quads are getting really tight since I started doing them. I went up 10 lbs on the last 2 sets of Dead lifts , the last set at 275 were about the most I could do for 5 reps. I could tell form was starting to break down at the end of the set so Im going to stay at this same weight next friday and work it untill im confident in form for all 5 reps.
Im very happy with this work out and happy to still be progressing everywhere. I do have to dig down deep within me to pump out all the reps on most of the moves, shoulder press still feels somewhat easy to me but im not going to jump ahead and go to far ahead, im going to give this work out an A+
Old 07-30-2011, 08:05 AM   #54
big_swede
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good volume and good weights, that equals good work man!!
Old 07-30-2011, 08:08 AM   #55
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

Thanks Big Swede. Im enjoying every minute of it.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #56
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Bam! That program is such a winner.

Keep killing it and eating your chow. You're going to make some great progress.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:46 AM   #57
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

im going to ride this train untill it derails
Old 07-31-2011, 07:24 AM   #58
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

I think when I hit 12 reps on squats for all 3 sets I am going to leave the first 2 sets at 12 reps and same weight and put some distance in the last set from the second set. right now its just 15 lbs difference so it will look like this

135x12
185x12
205x8,9,10,11,12

135x12
185x12
210x8,9,10,11,12

135x12
185x12
215x8,9,10,11,12.

I dont want to make to big of increase's as these atg squats are still new to me and even though I love them , they are much harder then parallel.

this would still get me warmed up for the work set nice but still allow a bit of distance between the 2nd and 3rd sets.
possibly go up 10 lbs since im going back to 8 reps. more then likely it will be 10 lbs.

what do you all think?

Last edited by CLEEPER; 07-31-2011 at 07:27 AM.
CLEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 05:22 AM   #59
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

There was no work out Monday due to me hitting a horse in my car on the way to work monday morning. I felt fine other then a jammed finger but I wanted to give it a few days to see if any injuries or pains showed up from the accident, yesterday evening i started feeling signs of possible whip lash so I will see what tomorrow brings. I feel ok ATM , will try to make an appointment to go get looked at and see if any injuries are there.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:26 AM   #60
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Definitely better safe than sorry mate. Hope you're OK.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote