CLEEPER
Max Brawn
Points: 5,980, Level: 50 Points: 5,980, Level: 50 Points: 5,980, Level: 50
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: Classic
Fav Exercise: Behind the neck press
Fav Supp: Fusion 7 Protien
CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

I have been in my bed since Wednesday , its time to get up and move around. I can't really use crutches as the foot has to be elevated, I will be getting a wheel chair I guess so I can work the arms
CLEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2011, 12:43 AM   #172
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

CLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beastCLEEPER is a lifting beast

I had my surgery 3 weeks ago. Last week I lifted 2 times . This week I started doing monday and thursday shoulders and chest but on monday with a 4 x 4-6 rep range and thursday with a 10x10 rep scheme aka gvt. then tuesday and friday is back . same as shoulders, tuesday is 4x4-6 reps. friday will be 10x10 .

Today I used 10x10x100 for bhtnp and then 3 sets of 10 dips.
Thats all im doing, I cant sweat in the cast as its not supposed to get wet.

Im limiting my work outs to around 20 minutes. all sets above were done with 1 min between sets and 2 min between bhtnp and dips.
feels great to be lifting again. I lost 17 lbs from not lifting for 3 weeks. Thats what happens laying in a bed after surgery. Now Im trying to maintain upper body untill I can lift full body again. That will be well after the first of the new year though.
Old 10-14-2011, 01:24 AM   #173
kitarpyar
Max Brawn
Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94 Points: 23,931, Level: 94
Activity: 50% Activity: 50% Activity: 50%

Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
kitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master memberkitarpyar is a master member

great to see you back and hitting the weights. The weight and strength you lost will come back soon. wish you a speedy recovery from the surgery.
kitarpyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 03:26 PM   #174
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitarpyar View Post
great to see you back and hitting the weights. The weight and strength you lost will come back soon. wish you a speedy recovery from the surgery.
Thanks Kitarpyar, it's starting to come back. Good news is I lost a bit of fat along with the muscle. The muscle is already starting to come back so upper body is looking pretty good.
Old 10-14-2011, 03:38 PM   #175
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEEPER View Post
Thanks Kitarpyar, it's starting to come back. Good news is I lost a bit of fat along with the muscle. The muscle is already starting to come back so upper body is looking pretty good.
That is good news. Glad to see you can hit the iron, even if there are limitations. Just moving some weight can be very cathartic.
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:29 PM   #176
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Heal quickly Cleep.

Quote:
Thats all im doing, I cant sweat in the cast as its not supposed to get wet.
GVT would make me sweat like a sow

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:46 AM   #177
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

GVT makes me sweat too but I keep it to 1 exercise with gvt platform. It also keeps me from having to fool with the weights much. For shoulders and chest im keeping it to just bhtnp and dips.
back is pull ups and cable rows , seems to hit the whole upper body pretty good so untill i can get back to doing dead lifts thats about all I can do.

I have seen a video where you lay on a bench with the upper body hanging off the front and have someone hold your legs to the bench. I can do that to work the lower back with my wife sitting on my upper legs to keep me on the bench. I will try that on my next back day.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:23 PM   #178
CLEEPER
Max Brawn

Hey folks, I thought I would stop in and give an update.

I had a second surgery on dec 22, removed two of the screws in my ankle so that they would not break when I start putting weight on them. That day of the surgery I rested , the next day I was up moving around putting a little weight on it. Christmas eve I was putting weight on it but not walking.
Christmas morning I walked on it with no pain, still have a limp due to no muscle in the calf but it's already coming back.
Yesterday I did body weight squats holding on to my rack so that I could balance without going to far.
Today I actually have DOM's so I'm happy .

I am still takin it easy and using crutches to walk straight but I'm putting full weight on it.

As for the rest of me, I have actually progressed quite a bit while I was down , lost a bit of fat and put on more muscle or at least retained what I had .
Old 12-27-2011, 04:36 PM   #179
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Great news, and very glad to have you back! Do they have you scheduled for physical therapy, or are you good to go without it?
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:46 PM   #180
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEEPER View Post
Today I actually have DOM's so I'm happy .

I am still takin it easy and using crutches to walk straight but I'm putting full weight on it.

As for the rest of me, I have actually progressed quite a bit while I was down , lost a bit of fat and put on more muscle or at least retained what I had .

Good to hear from you Cleep. A real testament to your hard work that you were able to gain muscle during this period. How are you doing mentally with all this going on?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote