Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #901
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Bring on 4 plates on the deadlift.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2012, 08:24 PM   #902
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Bring on 4 plates on the deadlift.
I can't wait. I thought about just going for it today, but with the rough time 415 had been giving me, I decided to take it a little slower and see if that helped any.
Like most trainees, I want the magic routine to get big and strong now. There's a voice in the back of my head telling me I need to switch my routine to specialize in this or that. With the prospect of the PL meet in May, I feel like throwing everything to the wind and running loads of heavy stuff and eating like a madman. But the truth is, I'm weak and need a lot of work to get stronger. I need to stay healthy and I need to lose some fat. I'm going to stay the course until I'm down to a safer weight and then focus on adding weight in a more controlled manner.

So there's all that. Looking forward to heavy bench day friday, multiple singles @220 would be an big rep PR and be 10 pounds and 2 weeks away from working with my last tested max.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:53 PM   #903
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Some great deadlifting, and good idea trying to keep your speed with the yoke a very smart move brute.
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:14 AM   #904
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Great deadlifting brute. 4pps is yours if you haven't nailed it already! You train like a maniac. That yoke walk looks legit. Keep destroying it man!

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #905
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Like most trainees, I want the magic routine to get big and strong now.
If you find it make sure to log it so that we can all copy you.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:37 AM   #906
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Like most trainees, I want the magic routine to get big and strong now. There's a voice in the back of my head telling me I need to switch my routine to specialize in this or that. With the prospect of the PL meet in May, I feel like throwing everything to the wind and running loads of heavy stuff and eating like a madman. But the truth is, I'm weak and need a lot of work to get stronger. I need to stay healthy and I need to lose some fat. I'm going to stay the course until I'm down to a safer weight and then focus on adding weight in a more controlled manner.
Look in the mirror. You'll see the magic that drives the routine. If you want to make minor tweaks, that's certainly ok. Trying new things isn't bad. My only advice is to not introduce a lot of change at once, and when you do try something new, don't kill it the first time in the gym.

You are making good solid progression. Make a goal to hit 300, 400, 500. That's when things became real challenging for me. Mileage may vary, but keep that finish line in mind.

Last edited by BendtheBar; 04-05-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:49 AM   #907
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Great deadlifting brute. 4pps is yours if you haven't nailed it already! You train like a maniac. That yoke walk looks legit. Keep destroying it man!

If you find it make sure to log it so that we can all copy you.
Thanks Josh. To be honest, I already know my magic routine, heavy singles and some mid-range rep work always works well for me. I'm just impatient!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Look in the manner. You'll see the magic that drives the routine. If you want to make minor tweaks, that's certainly ok. Trying new things isn't bad. My only advice is to not introduce a lot of change at once, and when you do try something new, don't kill it the first time in the gym.

You are making good solid progression. Make a goal to hit 300, 400, 500. That's when things became real challenging for me. Mileage may vary, but keep that finish line in mind.
Thanks BtB. I run into trouble when I hit a big PR on a great day and then feel that I should be able to hit it for multiple singles the next week. I just need to remember that I am making progress, and to just keep on pushing (and pulling) until I get to my next goal. 3/4/5 this year!

As to tweaks, I'm going to be leaving my main lifts alone, and only changing them if I get hurt, which I need to remember is what threw me off track at the beginning of the year. I think I will start putting in low rack pulls on Saturdays though. Training more than 3 days a week is nice, and hopefully will help speed up the fatloss as well.

Bit of a ramble, but I'm rather enjoying the routine and the extra back work on off days, I can already see increased muscle mass from the really light stuff I've been doing. Makes the yoke feel better on the upper back!
Old 04-05-2012, 11:10 AM   #908
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
I can already see increased muscle mass from the really light stuff I've been doing.
That's always a win.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:23 PM   #909
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

BOOOM. Short day in the gym, new dog needs a lot of attention, so I got in 30 minutes later than I wanted to. Still, big day for bench. Squats were decent, I need to get better about sitting back though. Benched in one of the power racks today, and it went really well. The adjustable benches are higher than the ones that are for benching only, and it let me get a better arch and position

Bench
Bar x 5
95 x 9
135 x 5
185 x 3
205 x 1
220 x 1
220 x 1
220 x 1
220 x 1
220 x 1 - PR, never had more than 1 singles at 220
190 x 5
190 x 5
190 x 4 - 14 reps, +4 over goal of 10 More weight all around next week

Squat
Bar x 10
135 x 5
225 x 2
190 x 8
190 x 6
190 x 7 - 21 reps. It was ok, but not great.

Out of time, out of breath, and out of water. Good time to stop. The good news is I was able to begin to feel my upper back being tight or not, and keep my mind on forcing my elbows forward and not falling forward as much. The bad part was I didn't always succeed. Tomorrow after low rack pulls and some push press I may do a lot of light squats to get it figured out.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #910
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
220 x 1 - PR, never had more than 1 singles at 220
Great work. You killed the sets after it as well.