Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 08-05-2011, 12:13 PM   #51
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
Epic win
^

Have you looked into powerlifting gyms in your area?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2011, 12:18 PM   #52
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
^

Have you looked into powerlifting gyms in your area?
I've been looking for them for several months, but the closest thing that I have found is a crossfit place that only open for a couple hours a day. I live near Carbondale, IL. The rec center at the university there is really restrictive and I got turned down about using the athletic facility (a few friends on the football team, but i understand the university not wanting random dudes using the good stuff).

I will be looking for private places now I guess, but its pretty sparse from what I've seen. If you know anyone or have any suggestions on places, I'm all ears; I would like nothing more than to train with some serious people and really start to see some good gains.
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #53
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I've been looking for them for several months, but the closest thing that I have found is a crossfit place that only open for a couple hours a day. I live near Carbondale, IL. The rec center at the university there is really restrictive and I got turned down about using the athletic facility (a few friends on the football team, but i understand the university not wanting random dudes using the good stuff).

I will be looking for private places now I guess, but its pretty sparse from what I've seen. If you know anyone or have any suggestions on places, I'm all ears; I would like nothing more than to train with some serious people and really start to see some good gains.
Quite a few guys from Illinois on the board. I'm not sure how far you are from Ryano. He might even know some guys in your area you could hook up with.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #54
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

I'll check it out. I'm WAY south, but if nothing else, I might be able to schedule weekend sessions every now and then.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:56 PM   #55
jesseisrael
Pursuing Power!
Max Brawn
Points: 1,791, Level: 24 Points: 1,791, Level: 24 Points: 1,791, Level: 24
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 30 years
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: food
jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!

Quote:
I'll check it out. I'm WAY south, but if nothing else, I might be able to schedule weekend sessions every now and then.
I looked on Powerlifting watch and will put up the gyms but I don't think that I see anything closer than a couple of hours drive...

ASYLUM Rockford IL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B & W Gym Chicago IL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Belleville Weightlifting Club Belleville IL

Bronco Steel Barrington IL

Central Illinois Weightlifting Gym Peoria IL

Deadlift Den Moline IL

Dog Pound Gym Posen IL

Flex Gym Chicago IL

Frantz Gym Aurora IL

Gold's Gym - Aurora Aurora IL

H & B Fitness Centralia IL

Jakked Hardcore Gym Montgomery IL

Lance's Gym Chicago IL

Leaning Tower YMCA Niles IL

Midwest Iron Quincy IL IL

Monster Garage Gym Gurnee IL

Phenomenal Fitness Chicago IL

Pro Gym Oswego IL

Progressive Sports Performance Northbrook IL

Quads Gym (North Side) Chicago IL

Quads Gym (South Side) Calumet City IL

Quality Classic Park Forrest IL

Rock Hard Gym Chicago IL

Roesch's Gym Springfield IL

Route 29 Fitness Athens IL

Rudy's Gym Shorewood IL

S&M Fitness Harrisburg IL

Serious Steel Chatham IL

Serious Steel Gym Chatham IL

Son Light Power Gym Tuscola IL

Steele Barbell Belleville IL

Team Cramer Springfield IL

The Lock-up Gym Taylorville IL

USA Gym Bridgeview IL

World Gym - Joliet Joliet
jesseisrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:09 PM   #56
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Thanks for the list Jesse. I have some friends in Harrisburg, might see about trying that place out my next free weekend.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:27 PM   #57
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Really rising up with everything. I especially liked those RDLs.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #58
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Really rising up with everything. I especially liked those RDLs.
Thanks, I really like anything deadlift related. Not a big fan of bench, but its good for me, or so they say. Looking forward to breaking the 1000 pound total mark, hoping that happens this year!
Old 08-06-2011, 10:26 AM   #59
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Finals are over for the summer! School is pretty different this time around, I actually care about the subjects these days, and am not a complete ****head. Showing up to class and doing the assignments makes a huge difference in understanding the material. Who knew?

Next semester is going to be a lot of fun I think, doing Organization and Architecture of Computers, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, and Theory of Programming Languages. Gonna be busy, but this should be interesting and transfer over to my work on the software engineering side. After next semester, I'll get in state tuition, so there's an extra $18k a year I won't have to spend, and that will help a lot too.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:05 AM   #60
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

As a teacher, I say, "DO YOUR HOMEWORK!"
I'm glad you are finding the excitement in education.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote