Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-31-2011, 12:40 PM   #391
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post
I'll be doing everything I can to stay healthy. I'm still pretty young, though 30 is coming up faster than I would like, and I have plenty of time to get inhumanly strong. That won't happen if I'm chronically injured though. Its tough to look further down the road at time, but thats whats needed.
I started to get stronger around the age of 30-32. Something really magical happened during this time. Hope you experience the same thing.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2011, 04:11 PM   #392
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I started to get stronger around the age of 30-32. Something really magical happened during this time. Hope you experience the same thing.
I hope so as well. From what I read, thats peak time for bone density.

Doctor cleared me to return to physical activity today. A few more rehab exercises for me to do, but things are going well. Most of the pain is gone now, knee feels more stable, and the hamstring is holding up better. We did low box jumps and walking lunges, no issue at all. One thing that was a little painful was squatting to a 6 inch box. Thats a long way down from up here...

So, Wednesday I return to deadlifts and squats. Very light weight, deads will be hanging around 135 this week and squats will be no more than just the bar. I'll build up fairly fast from there, but not so fast that my form take a hit.
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 04:31 PM   #393
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Cleans and pushpresses, awesome combo buddy. Good stuff.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:06 PM   #394
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruteforce View Post

So, Wednesday I return to deadlifts and squats. Very light weight, deads will be hanging around 135 this week and squats will be no more than just the bar. I'll build up fairly fast from there, but not so fast that my form take a hit.
Many great athletes thrive after injuries. Hope to see your name added to that list Brute.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:26 PM   #395
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Many great athletes thrive after injuries. Hope to see your name added to that list Brute.
Thanks BtB. I am looking forward to putting myself on that list.

Ok session the gym today. Was very mindful of my knee and hamstring, and took things VERY light today. Bench didn't go that well, but I'm hoping it will stop tanking and move up again over the next couple weeks.

Warmup - 10 minute walk and low box jumps

Deadlift
135x some number of sets and reps. Sometimes they turned into power cleans. Bored as hell during these, but focused on form and the left leg a lot. Felt pretty good.

Box Squat - Aerobic Step up + 5 risers
BWx10
Bar x5/5/3 - Last set with the bar the hamstring was getting tired, so stopped before it got upset with me.

Bench
Warmup
195x3/1 - WTF.... 2 weeks ago, banging out 5/4/4/3
175x5x2 - felt heavy. Not sure whats up here.

Assisted pullup
BW-70x5x3 - Improvement here, so thats good.

It was HARD not to throw some real weight onto the bar for deads. I had bloodwork done today, so got in later, and the bench and bicep crew were in there pissing me off. But I swallowed by sizeable pride and decided being healthy is better than getting injured trying to inflate my ego.

I'll be doing some stability training later this afternoon, hope to be adding weight to squats pretty soon. Forgot me phone, so no videos, but will have them friday from the front, back and side.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #396
jp_ottawa
Max Brawn
Points: 3,380, Level: 36 Points: 3,380, Level: 36 Points: 3,380, Level: 36
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 1 year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: bench press
jp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributor

Nice work. It's hard to hold back, I know. But you'll be thankful. Just bottle up that fuel until it's the time is right.
Old 11-02-2011, 03:53 PM   #397
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
It was HARD not to throw some real weight onto the bar for deads. I had bloodwork done today, so got in later, and the bench and bicep crew were in there pissing me off. But I swallowed by sizeable pride and decided being healthy is better than getting injured trying to inflate my ego.
You're doing the right thing. It took me 8 months to overcome a shoulder tear. Just good to see you back at it.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #398
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Keep on pluggin along Brute. In the scheme of things, good days or bad days, the important thing is that you getting your work in. You'll be back to things before you know it.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #399
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pull14 View Post
Keep on pluggin along Brute. In the scheme of things, good days or bad days, the important thing is that you getting your work in. You'll be back to things before you know it.
Quote:
You're doing the right thing. It took me 8 months to overcome a shoulder tear. Just good to see you back at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_ottawa View Post
Nice work. It's hard to hold back, I know. But you'll be thankful. Just bottle up that fuel until it's the time is right.
Thanks fellas. I know its the right thing to do, and its the prudent thing as well. The weights I want to lift aren't going to happen any time soon, so I need to set the foundation strongly and build securely the whole way up. An 1800 pound raw total isn't going to happen by accident.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:19 PM   #400
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn

Pretty good session today. Light weights, but feeling pretty good.

Power Clean and Press
Warmup
125x5x3 - Hamstring/calf began to feel beat up, so stopped at 3 sets

Squat
BWx 5 - stayed in hole and stretched for a bit on each one
Bar x 5 x 4 - videos to follow soon knee felt pretty solid the whole time

Dips
BWx6x5 - PR + 2 reps. Last rep of last 2 sets felt like it took 10 seconds to lock out, but I got them.

Walking Lunges
BWx20

Yoke Walk
Frame x 100 feet x 4

Yoke Zercher Carry
Frame x 100 feet x 3

There should be some pictures attached of the yoke. Its around 150 pounds I think. Feels solid and is lots of fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-11-04_11-47-20_355.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	190.5 KB
ID:	3592   Click image for larger version

Name:	2011-11-04_11-53-28_384.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	119.1 KB
ID:	3593