Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn
Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29 Points: 2,307, Level: 29
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 8 years off and on
Training Type: SFW!
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor
Default I'd rather be longboarding...

Been off for two weeks, as life has been a little crazy. We're in the process of getting the wife's car repaired, as some of you may know. On top of that, we're also looking into buying our first home; more stress than I could have ever imagined.

Nonetheless, its time to get back to work. Starting off with an easy first day back...

Leg Press (plus sled weight)
90x4x10

Bench Press
95x10
135x4x10

Deadlift
135x5
185x5

DBC
30x3x10

TPD
50x10
60x10
70x10
Old 07-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Nice to see your log on here Shadow

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Subbed and best of luck hitting your goals.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Shadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributorShadowschmadow is a dedicated contributor

Thanks guys.

I'm not sure where this log is going to go honestly. I can tell you this; it probably won't be typical Shadow, and it probably won't involve heavy weights. I'm a little lost with my training at the moment - kind of like a lifting mid-life-crisis (for lack of better words), and I believe I'm at the part where you realize you don't actually want what you think you want. So, I don't even have a program written out or anything even resembling a program at the moment. Yesterday's training was a "you better get your ass back in the gym where you belong" mental thing, which is why I opted for a fully body.

Last edited by Shadowschmadow; 07-11-2011 at 09:56 AM.
Shadowschmadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #5
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shadow View Post
Thanks guys.

I'm not sure where this log is going to go honestly. I can tell you this; it probably won't be typical Shadow, and it probably won't involve heavy weights. I'm a little lost with my training at the moment - kind of like a lifting mid-life-crisis (for lack of better words), and I believe I'm at the part where you realize you don't actually want what you think you want. So, I don't even have a program written out or anything even resembling a program at the moment. Yesterday's training was a "you better get your ass back in the gym where you belong" mental thing, which is why I opted for a fully body.
This is exactly how i started on a fullbody... i just lost the plot with training, splits P/M/B, 5/3/1 everything just went down the toilet and i was just gonna throw in the towel and get fat(er)... then i stumbled across MAB and The Reeves Classic and things just started to feel right again.

You should give it a go, completely different to what you would normally do, but you never know, it could lift you out of a slump also

carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #6
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

I was going to, against my grain, try a 3 day bodybuilding split.

Chest and Triceps
Back and Biceps
Legs and Shoulders

^^^ Yeah, looks like typical Shadow right? Lol... that's how lost I am.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #7
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

Update:
Life is beginning to slow down now, with this whole house buying thing. We've got our loan approved by the bank and we're capable of pulling the trigger if we find something we like. We've got several more places to go see this weekend, so maybe they're turn up what we're looking for at a price we like.

Being out of the gym for such an extended period of time has proved to be insanity, to say the least. I've had some time to reflect on where I want my training to go, but now I feel lost because for once I feel like I don't know how to get there. Not to boast, but I do believe I'm educated enough to know, but I'm also a person who is indecisive and second guesses himself constantly.

Knowing my history of injury and change in goals; I believe I want to reduce the intensity of my workouts and focus mainly on things like general health, weight-loss and aesthetics. Losing weight and maintaining a healthy body weight has always been a significant challenge for me.

Strength training and compounds has always been the center of my training. I've always advocated heavy lifting, and major movements. Injuries, sadly, are limiting what I can and cannot do consistently. I would like a program that is appropriate for a caloric deficit, 3x a week and incorporates compounds and isolations; more aesthetic oriented I guess. I've entertained the idea of higher sets and reps that would promote growth if the calories are there, but also decrease the risk of injury.

Any thoughts, comments, ideas, program suggestions, etc. would be much appreciated. I assume soon I will get my head out of my ass, remove my bias and remember that everything I've ever learned about training outside of strength.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #8
Shadowschmadow
Totally Bitchin'
Max Brawn

I've come across a routine that I've entertained the idea of. I modified it slightly do to some constraints. But its completely opposite of how I would typically train... I don't hate it, but something feels off and I just can't focus enough now to point it out to myself. It seems short and sweet, right to the point, and I think that's what I need at the moment. Anyways, since my brain is a race track with crashing cars all over it right now, I'd like to hear your opinions on it. Lord knows you guys know these kinds of routines better than I do.

Chest and Triceps
Bench Press 3x10
Cable Cross Over 3x10
Tricep Pull Down/Skull Crusher/Close-Grip Bench 3x10
Ab Work

Back and Biceps
Lat PullDown 3x10
Cable Rows 3x10
Bicep Curl 3x10
Back Extensions

Legs And Shoulders
Leg Press 3x10
Hamstring Curl 3x10
Lateral Raises 3x10
Over Head Press 3x10
Shrugs 3x10

Personally, I think I'd rather see SLDL instead of hamstring curls on the last day. That's the compound side of me kicking in only slightly.