Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-25-2011, 06:47 PM   #41
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingdog View Post
INCOMING RANT!
I learned a valuable lesson today. I don't consider myself old, or even "older". I'm probably still part of the generation that I see at my college gym. There is a serious disconnect though, and I can't think of any reason more likely than age and when we were raised. I'm talking about reciprocity. It's a fairly simple concept, nothing complex about it. If you are willing to ask someone to spot you while you make several FAILED attempts to lift heavy with bad form, the least you could do is return the favor. Especially DO NOT say you're too busy while you and your buddy lean again the squat rack yacking, staring at chicks and flexing in the mirror. This makes me want to throw plates at you.
The end.
I feel your pain. I don't suffer fools very easily.

Strong bench work. Get after that 300.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #42
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
This ^

Reminder that I'm still a rookie. I didn't realize this was an issue.
No problem at all hombre. I give you respect for deadlifting.

Old 07-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #43
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn
Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36 Points: 3,461, Level: 36
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Starting Strength
Fav Exercise: Heavy bar work
Fav Supp: Steak
sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I feel your pain. I don't suffer fools very easily.

Strong bench work. Get after that 300.
300 is just a stepping stone to my 350@181 goal
sleepingdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:11 PM   #44
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn

sleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributorsleepingdog is a dedicated contributor

Had a serious case of Vagitis. By far one of the worst workouts I've had in a while. I don't know whether it was something environmental, sleep, diet, or just my motivation. I had no strength for moving weight today.

Stiff legged deads
95x6
115x6
115x6

Deadlift
135x6
205x6
335x3
350x3
370x1

Shrugs
225x5
245x5
265x5
285x5
315x3

Barbell calf raises
225x5x3

I didn't even finish my calf raises. I just didn't have "it" today. I hope this was an isolated incident.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:58 PM   #45
Sethelarian
Ninja Mike
Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1 Points: 2, Level: 1

Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Jacked 3D
Sethelarian is off to a bad start

I'm sure it was an isolated incident. In the last three or so months we have been lifting, this is maybe the only day I've not seen you finish a workout, I'll say part of the blame can be you did not eat right today, and part can be my lack of motivation today. Since I was still recovering from being sick, I was not really pushing today either. All in all I think it was still a great day and we'll hit it hard next week.
Sethelarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:00 PM   #46
bruteforce
The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Still some good weight moved. Some is better than none any day. I've been off every now and then, nothing seems to click, no energy, CNS isn't cooperating and everything feels twice as heavy. You'll bounce back once you get some rest.
bruteforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:03 PM   #47
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn

CNS kinda slips the mind once in a while. Couple other things should have tipped me off to that. My damn skin hurts today
Old 07-28-2011, 11:44 AM   #48
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
300 is just a stepping stone to my 350@181 goal
I just bumped that up a bit:

362@181.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:48 PM   #49
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn

Still feeling a little screwed up today. Not "ill", just a little beat up and fatigued. No weights this weekend, Warrior Dash is on Sunday. I don't know that I'll give everything I've got, but I want the option.
Old 08-09-2011, 09:32 PM   #50
sleepingdog
Uber Brawn

So it's been a lot longer than I wanted since my last update. Warrior dash was a week before sunday. I tried to work out last week, unfortunately warrior dash seemed to have taken more out of me than expected and my gym time was not even worth recording.

Today started Smolov however. Today was a worthwhile day.

Squats
220 3x8
235 1x5
250 2x2
270 1x1

Bench Press
205x5
210x5
215x5
220x5
225x3

Cable tricep pressdown
120x10
120x10
120x10
120x10
120x10

Dips
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5
BWx5

I'm not sure how Smolov is supposed to work with my other exercises, so until I find out otherwise, I will continue to integrate my regular workout.