Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 02-04-2012, 12:43 PM   #781
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
I know I have the capability to squat heavy, but I feel I may have let my ego jeopardize my progress. Squat days used to be my favorite, but lately I just hate them, and that's not good!
No that's not good.

I would just take a couple of weeks and having a little fun with your squat workouts. Do a little free jazz training and lift according to how you feel that day.

Sometimes playing around is the best remedy for a mini-stall.

I do this quite often. Sometimes it's a crazy 10x10, sometimes 20 singles.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2012, 03:51 AM   #782
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Also, I defy any serious lifter to say they definitively love or hate squats. I bet Dr. Hatfield dreaded some squat days, too. It's the nature of the beast.

It's love/hate for sure. You love them at times and hate them at times, but never flat out hate altogether. And if you love them unconditionally, you're a masochist or there's not enough weight on the bar.
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #783
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Same problems here T-Bone but you seem to be doing brilliantly in everything else. Squats are a pain in the butt at the best of times but just keep busting a gut and eventually it will come good. Perhaps you could take Steve's advice and dial back on the weight to get more confidence and a better groove. I just tried 6 trebles at 80% of 1RM and it was challenging but got done.
Great post Mike. I loved squats till it was pointed out here that I was going high. Getting pinned a couple of times pursing depth PR's made me more apprehensive but I still aim to squat twice a week at a minimum. But I don't love squats any more
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:17 AM   #784
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Nothing wrong with cutting the weight a bit and working back up. It should energize you to new progress.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #785
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

Thanks guys. For the next couple weeks I'll play around with the weights and see what happens. As long as I'm squatting, I'll be happy with it. I did get some good DOMS afterwards, and while that's not necessarily an indication of a quality workout, it does tell me that I'm still pushing my legs into overdrive.

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:08 PM   #786
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn

T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine
Default 6 February 2012

SDS4DS - Cycle 4 - Week 2 - Chest & Triceps - Strength
Barbell Bench Press - 210x3-3-3-3-2-2-2-1 (19) (PR for reps [+4])
DB Bench Press - 55x5-6-6
Incline BB Bench Press - 140x10-10-7
Rope Pulldowns - 7th pin x8-6-5

Really good chest day. Picked up 4 reps on bench and nearly blasted through the inclines.

Did the DB presses and inclines out of order, so that's why the low reps on the 55's. I'll get them next time. Got a brutish pump too. Rawr!

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
Old 02-06-2012, 08:10 PM   #787
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn

Also just want to say that I appreciate all the comments you guys leave. I can't hang out during the day like I used to because they're cracking down on internet use at work. I'll always keep logging and try to get to as many other logs as time permits. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for the support and the information found on this great forum!

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
Old 02-06-2012, 08:16 PM   #788
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Great job on the PR, and thats a lot of pressing!
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:20 PM   #789
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Also just want to say that I appreciate all the comments you guys leave. I can't hang out during the day like I used to because they're cracking down on internet use at work. I'll always keep logging and try to get to as many other logs as time permits. I wouldn't be where I am today if it weren't for the support and the information found on this great forum!
We're just you're here TB. Guys like you are the heart and soul of sites like this. Day in and day out you put in your workouts and bring home PRs. I know I beat this same drum, but progress like this is how it's done, and it's motivating for everyone tuning in.

Congrats on the bench progress.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:08 PM   #790
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn

Default 7 February 2012

SDS4DS - Cycle 4 - Week 2 - Back - Density
Deadlift - 300x 22 singles in 10 minutes (PR)
Pull Ups - BW-22 x 7-4 (25)
Barbell Row - 210x 3-3-3-3-3-4-4 (23)

A+ day fellas. Lots of energy so I went way over my goal of 15 reps on DL's. Still had time so smashed out 7 more.

Picked up 4 pullups, and the rowing wasn't too bad (feeling heavy after all that other work!).

Sergey Krastio Trelawny