T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Sorry to hear about that Jim!! Hopefully it's just a little tweak! What beach are you invading next week?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hang tough TB. I've done that 3x myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Also bummed about that deadlift/back mishap, but hopefully you will be as good as new when you get back.
Thanks guys. It's always good to know my fellow Brawnies got my back (no pun intended).

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2013, 08:49 PM   #1332
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn

T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine
Default 5 March 2013

Well, I'm back, and on the mend. The back ended up being a real pain that I kept aggravating inadvertently. My mood has been down because of it. My short vacation was a welcome relief.

But it is back to work now, and back into beast mode!

Monday:
SDS4DS - Phase 2 - Week 4 - Chest and Triceps - Density
Bench Press - 195x5-3-2-3-3-3-3 (22) :
CGBP - 170x5-4-3-4-4-3-3 (26)
DB Ext. - 30x8-7-6

Piss poor performance in my mind. Could not even match the reps from last time (except on extensions). I tell ya, I left the gym dejected and really down on myself. I know I've been off for nearly two weeks, but I expected more. I know I was tired and unmotivated and it is still better than not lifting at all, so maybe next week I'll bounce back.

Today:
SDS4DS - Phase 2 - Week 4 - Back - Strength
Dead Lift - 135x5-5-5
DB BOR - 80x5-5-5-5-5
Lat Pulldown - 6th, 7th and 8th pin x 10 (easy)

Today was a whole different story! Because of the back injury, I want to take it slow building back up to where I was, so started off light. I figure on adding 20 pounds each week to gain the strength and stability back.

I had a great work out today and I was motivated and optimistic. Lifting is as much a mental exercise as it is a physical one, and after today I feel that I still got that mojo that will keep me going despite any setbacks.

Yeah, it was an easy workout, but it felt good!

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 PM   #1333
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Just an update as to why I haven't been logging this week. Monday's chest work went fine, but Tuesday I threw my back out dead lifting. Was a momentary lapse of concentration and I went forward on the second rep of the third set.
same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. it was such a freak occurrence

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
I tell ya, I left the gym dejected and really down on myself. I know I've been off for nearly two weeks, but I expected more. I know I was tired and unmotivated and it is still better than not lifting at all, so maybe next week I'll bounce back.

Today:
Yeah, it was an easy workout, but it felt good!
sorry to hear that yesterday sucked so bad. i know that feel, and it's pretty terrible. personally, i'm not one to perform well the first few workouts after a layoff. glad today was more positive. i wouldn't be surprised if your press numbers are way up next week.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #1334
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Building up that meat!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 AM   #1335
KD5NFW
13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite memberKD5NFW is an elite member

Glad to see you back and in the gym Jim Lifting is way more mental than physical! Take your time and work your way back slowly!
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 04:11 PM   #1336
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

The tough sessions happen for a reason. It is rare any of us here have a tough time getting into it 2X or more in a row.

Nowhere to go except progress from here!
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 515 lbs
Total: 1305 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #1337
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Welcome back TB. Was just wondering how things were going.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:33 PM   #1338
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn

Default 7 March - 8 March

Thanks for the comments folks. I'm really sorry I haven't been back to respond sooner...work has been extremely busy and at night I end up doing other things...

But here's how the rest of last week went:

Thursday
SDS4DS - Phase 2 - Week 4 - Shoulders - Density
OHP - 95x5-3-2-4-5-5-5-5 (29)
Arnold Presses - 45x6-5-4-5-4-5-5 (34)
Inc. DB Curl - 35x10-7-4

Still feel like I'm arching my back too much on the OHP although I am still fairly upright. I mean, there has to be some arching right, or else you'd fall forward?

Everything else pretty much in line for the first week back.

Friday
SDS4DS - Phase 2 - Week 4 - Legs - Strength
Squats - 275x3-3-3-3-3
Good Mornings - 150x10-10-10 (very easy)
Standing Calf Raise - 300x5-5-5-5-5

I must say the week progressed splendidly after the crappy start on Monday. Squats felt soooooo good, and I love the stretch you get with the GM's. I was in a great mood and felt more positive than I have in weeks.

Back gave me no problems either. WIN!

I'm going to try and get to bed early tonight so I'm prepared for the Density session tomorrow.

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
Old 03-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #1339
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

strong squat + GM sesh! good numbers. yeah, i think it's a good sign if your back felt good through that workout.
btw, i sometimes go through the same thing with OHP, wondering if i'm arching. my torso looks straight in the mirror, and the bar is definitely parallel with my head/neck/shoulders/chest, but my lower back feels tensed, which makes me think i'm arching. i'm no expert, but i think i'm not actually arching, it's just my back naturally tightening to keep my torso from wobbling, just like your abs tense during squats.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 11:23 AM   #1340
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
strong squat + GM sesh! good numbers. yeah, i think it's a good sign if your back felt good through that workout.
btw, i sometimes go through the same thing with OHP, wondering if i'm arching. my torso looks straight in the mirror, and the bar is definitely parallel with my head/neck/shoulders/chest, but my lower back feels tensed, which makes me think i'm arching. i'm no expert, but i think i'm not actually arching, it's just my back naturally tightening to keep my torso from wobbling, just like your abs tense during squats.
Thanks SO, that could be it. It's definitely tensed and just testing myself I can arch way more than I do when I OHP. I'll try to get a video up.

Sergey Krastio Trelawny