T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Ah well, sometimes that butt has to come up in the name of progress. Well done TB.
Since I can't put my feet flat on the floor because the bench is too high, I've taken to squeezing the bench with my legs for stability, anything to help with the drive. I see guys all the time flailing their legs like an octopus when they bench, so I figure I'm above the curve on that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Nice pressing Jim!! Floating butts FTW
Thanks Rich!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Nice benching!

Smart move on the hip. Squats are abd enough on their own, don't need to going into that banged up to boot!

Good stuff, T-B.
And It's not a race to the next PR. I'd rather be cautious than not be able to squat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Killer work Mr T!
Thanks E D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
solid press day. man, so many things can get tweaked and F w/your squats, it's annoying. look forward to seeing your next squat w/o
You'll see it on Friday, bud! Thanks for stopping in!

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #1312
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn

T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine
Default 12 February 2013

SDS4DS - Phase 2 - Week 3 - Back - Density
Dead Lift - 325 x 20 reps in just over 10 mins (PR for reps)
Pullups - BW x 2-1-1-1-1-1-1 (8)
BOR - 145 x 10-10-10

Fine day. The 20 repper was brutal and the hip was throbbing but I persevered and smashed it. The pain was greatest at lockout when the hips thrust forward. Will watch it.

The rest was pretty ordinary. I might go back to assistance weight on the pullups for coouple weeks, or swap them out for pulldowns.

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
Old 02-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #1313
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Hey T-Bone, I didn't realize until you said that the bench is too high for you that you might be like me. My short ass legs caused all kinds of trouble on bench.

Instead of trying to clench the bench, put your feet wider and drive your heels down, even if they don't touch, the driving down part will transfer up the bench I promise.

You get some solid leg drive/arch and upper body tightness, and 215 will seem like a warmup weight.

Us leg length challenged individuals gotta stick together!

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 AM   #1314
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
[b]I see guys all the time flailing their legs like an octopus when they bench, so I figure I'm above the curve on that one.[/B
lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
Dead Lift - 325 x 20 reps in just over 10 mins (PR for reps)
nice. sounds like the type of workout where you're relieved when it's over haha. glad the hip didn't hinder you from getting in some lower body work.
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:44 AM   #1315
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Hey T-Bone, I didn't realize until you said that the bench is too high for you that you might be like me. My short ass legs caused all kinds of trouble on bench.

Instead of trying to clench the bench, put your feet wider and drive your heels down, even if they don't touch, the driving down part will transfer up the bench I promise.

You get some solid leg drive/arch and upper body tightness, and 215 will seem like a warmup weight.

Us leg length challenged individuals gotta stick together!
I have usually done that Mike, but it's still a little painful to spread the legs so wide. At 6', my legs aren't that short really. I'll have to start incorporating some leg stretches before benching, as odd as that sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondsOut View Post
lol

nice. sounds like the type of workout where you're relieved when it's over haha. glad the hip didn't hinder you from getting in some lower body work.
Thanks SO. Yesterday, I was relieved. lol

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
Old 02-13-2013, 10:38 AM   #1316
KD5NFW
13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

That's some serious pulling Jim!! 20 reps in 10 minutes at 325 will leave a mark
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #1317
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Strong work TB.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 09:42 PM   #1318
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn

Default 14 February 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
That's some serious pulling Jim!! 20 reps in 10 minutes at 325 will leave a mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Strong work TB.
Thanks guys. Here's what I did today:

SDS4DS - Phase 2 - Week 3 - Shoulders - Strength
BTNP - 150 x 3-3-3-3-3-3-3-3
DB Lat Raise - 25 x 10-10-10
DB Curl - 78 x 7-7-6-5-5

Satisfied with the session today. Still bringing the bar down to the top of the back of my head. Elbows parallel. Steadily working my way back up.

Keeping the weight at 25 on the raises, but they're getting easier. Good pump from the curls.

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
Old 02-14-2013, 10:15 PM   #1319
SecondsOut
Max Brawn
Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26 Points: 1,960, Level: 26
Activity: 15% Activity: 15% Activity: 15%

Fav Supp: Oxidane
SecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beastSecondsOut is a lifting beast
Thumbs up

decent press workout. looks like it adds up to quite a bit of volume. 24 reps with 150 is awesome
SecondsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #1320
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Those BTN numbers are no joke. Can't wait to see them around 185.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote