Wlfdg
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,231, Level: 19 Points: 1,231, Level: 19 Points: 1,231, Level: 19
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 34
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Snatch
Fav Supp: Elk
Wlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good posts

Thanks Mike!

My daily training has been de-railed a bit.
I've been dog sitting for a "friend" all weekend. On Sunday one of his dogs busted out of the house. At 11:30 on Sunday night a film celebrity who lives locally woke me up with the dog in his living room. Nothing like meeting a film star, DRUNK!, at midnight.
I spent most of the evening trying to prevent another escape.
The last minute dog sitting also delayed my work on my final exam.

Monday I missed training I didn't eat enough on Monday. Tuesday's training suffered as well.

A.M. Mtn.Bike - 4mi., 400'

P.M. Training
10min.Warm up - Swings - 32kg. x 30/30
10min. Clean & Press - 2 - 24kg x 15,10,6,5

P.S. The owner blamed me for his dog's destructiveness.
Now I know why "No one else will watch them." Live & Learn

"There's no such thing as shaping and toning. Only stronger and weaker." -Mark Rippetoe

Last edited by Wlfdg; 07-20-2011 at 09:03 AM.
Wlfdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #112
Szelago
44 yr bulk phase complete
Max Brawn
Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33 Points: 2,936, Level: 33
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 1yr since coming back
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Leg Press
Fav Supp: Thank god for elastamine!
Szelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributorSzelago is a consistent contributor

Re. the didappearing DOMS thing - For me it is usually a case of Chest DOMS overiding the existing Leg DOMS which had over-ridden the existing Back DOMS, etc. etc.

Wow. The dogsitting thing sucks.

I'm sure you'll be back on track straight away.

In the mirror of adversity we see what we are truly made of.
Szelago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 AM   #113
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wlfdg View Post
I've been dog sitting for a "friend" all weekend. On Sunday one of his dogs busted out of the house. At 11:30 on Sunday night a film celebrity who lives locally woke me up with the dog in his living room. Nothing like meeting a film star, DRUNK!, at midnight.
Great story.

I met Larry King once in an odd spot. He was walking in Hollywood carrying a brown bag that looked like it had booze in it. We stopped, nearly said hello, saw the bag, and decided to turn around and pretend we never saw him.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:33 PM   #114
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

I'd have asked him for a sip!

My dad was a private pilot and one day he flew his plane to small airport on the Eastern Shore (Maryland). After he landed, he saw a guy having a lot of trouble tying up his glider because of the wind and whatnot, so Dad helped the poor guy out. Afterwards, the guy came up to thank Dad and turns out it was Harrison Ford!

Wlfdg, I'd say agreeing to dog sitting for someone is out. And who was drunk? You or the celebrity?
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:47 PM   #115
Wlfdg
Uber Brawn

Wlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good postsWlfdg has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Wlfdg, I'd say agreeing to dog sitting for someone is out. And who was drunk? You or the celebrity?
I'm the go to guy amongst my friends for dog sitting problem dogs.
Celebrity was.
I don't drink. I'm mostly Native American, part Irish-American and I like to fight! Not a good mix for alcohol consumption.

"There's no such thing as shaping and toning. Only stronger and weaker." -Mark Rippetoe
Old 07-21-2011, 08:08 AM   #116
Wlfdg
Uber Brawn

7/20/11

A.M. Dog Hike - 7mi. 1,000'
We went on a grizz hunt. A young lady was charged by a grizz sow in the area we were in. We hoped to get up high to glass for her and her cubs. No luck

P.M. Training
10min. Warm up - Sngl Swings - 24kg x 30/30 x 5min./ Dbl 24's x 30/30 x 5min.

20min PR Zone
A. SB Get Up - 170# x 2,2,2
B. Dbl KB Snatch - 24's x 3,3,3
C. Weighted Divebombers - 65# x 5,5,5

Since I missed Monday, had an abbreviated session Tuesday, I decided to take advantage of it and increase my sandbag get up weight by 10#. This is a lifetime PR for me. My goal for the end of summer is to train with 175#? on the get up. My goal for the end of the year is training with my bodyweight (225#) in the get up. Could reach that by the end of the summer?

Last edited by Wlfdg; 07-21-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #117
Wlfdg
Uber Brawn

A.M. Dog Hike - 6mi. 300'(?) Took the pups out to check out a new bike trail and potential hunting spot. The wolfdog flushed about 8 Ruffed Grouse and we kicked up a HUGE Whitetail buck with a Mule Deer size rack still in velvet . I'll be looking for him come October

P.M. Training

10min. Warm up - KB Swings 32kg. x 30/30

The Fighter -2 - 24kg bells
A. Dbl Swings - 12,12,12,12
B. Clean - 1,1,1,1
C. Vertical Punches - 12,12,12,12
D. Renegade Row - 12,12,12,12
E. Clean - 1,1,1,1
F. No Hand Reverse Get up - 1,1,1,1
G. Rolling Floor Press - 12,12,12,12
H. No Hand Get up - 1,1,1,1

*I think it's time for heavier bells?*

Old 07-22-2011, 12:18 AM   #118
Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 4 years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Very interesting log! Great story as well hahah.

Sounds like you have a great area around you

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 02:56 PM   #119
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Bear hunting and 6 mile walks.

This log is always a great read Wlfdg.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:07 PM   #120
Wlfdg
Uber Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Bear hunting and 6 mile walks.

This log is always a great read Wlfdg.
Thanks Big Man! Just found out on Facebook that there was a grizz hanging in the local skatepark. Kids around here would be doing ollie to bear head .

No early a.m. dog hike today. Had a bit of insomnia last night

Still got my gym time in.
I'm happy with my session even though it was on less than 4hrs. sleep.

10min. warm up - Swings - 32kg x 30/30
Back Squats - work up 135 x 5, 155, 175 x 3
10min - 190 x 3,3,3,3,3

10min.
Pullups - BW x 5,5,5,5,5
DB OH Press - 60's x 5,5,5,5,5

10min
Clean Grip Deadlift - 295 x 3,3,3,3
Weighted Dips - 32kg x 3,3,3,3

During my squats I was instructed by Mr.19yr.oldPersonalTrainer that if I "slowed down and went for more reps [I] might actually gain something out of this." LOL! I said "WOW! REALLY? THANKS! "