Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
How's it going buddy? Any breakthroughs?
Hey!!

Sorry I have been super busy, when I have not been working I have been eating and lifting, haven't missed any sessions either. I just havent had a lot of time to post. The first few months of my PT is spending a lot of time developing my business and getting clients. I am going into my 2nd month, so I am now working 6 days a week instead of 7, so I will have more time to post.

I have about 8 clients doing multiple sessions a week so I am happy .

With training, I was having a lot of trouble with the benching singles, and I was having a chat to this old powerlifter at my gym (he competed in the 105kg devision), he suggested I try do more volume on the main lifts.

He suggested I do 3x3 on the main 3 lifts, then he suggested I do snatch grip deadlifts as a 2nd day on deadlifting. He also suggested 5x5 for squatting and benching, then a 3rd lighter squatting day, and a day I do CGBP. He suggested I do more days in the gym, but less volume on each day.

So in total I am benching and squatting 3 times a week and deadlifting twice. I have finished my 2nd week on it, and I am enjoy it so far. I am in the gym an extra day, but I have less volume on each day. The only assistance work I am doing ATMO is BTNP, DB rows, BB rows, Chins and Dips. I will post up my new routine soon.

For Christmas I got a lever lifting belt (its IPF legal) and Anthony Ditillos two books, "Development of Muscular Bulk and Power" and "Development of Physical Strength". I am reading Development of Muscular Bulk and Power and so far I am loving it.

EDIT:
With regards to my routine, the weekly volume is very similar to what I was doing before.

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2011, 05:38 AM   #482
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Spart the new routine sounds great. Let us know how you are getting on every now and again. That's great news about your clients!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:02 AM   #483
Spartigus
Max Brawn

Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Spart the new routine sounds great. Let us know how you are getting on every now and again. That's great news about your clients!
Thanks! When I started, they basically told me the first 3 months will be your busiest in terms of hours at the gym developing your clients. This month I will be a bit more active here, the month after even more active, and after the 3 months I hope to be here regularly all the time .

I love you guys here so I dont even plan on leaving

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Old 12-26-2011, 07:31 AM   #484
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good to hear from you Spart! And im looking forward to read your progress on. The new routine!
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #485
tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

great work spart! keep it up bud.

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 11:02 AM   #486
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post
For Christmas I got a lever lifting belt (its IPF legal) and Anthony Ditillos two books, "Development of Muscular Bulk and Power" and "Development of Physical Strength". I am reading Development of Muscular Bulk and Power and so far I am loving it..
Awesome books. Great addition to the collection.

Good to hear from you Spart. Really looking forward to more routine details.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:56 PM   #487
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

How are things Spart?

Old 01-19-2012, 05:43 AM   #488
Spartigus
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
How are things Spart?
Sorry I am not doing very well at posting here . Lifting is going great!! Working at a gym is awesome, I love it and my clients are awesome!

I got myself a Toro Lever Belt from Titan, and I love it!! This is my 2nd week using it and I am feeling tops using it. My lower back no longer gives me pain. Whats great is in its smallest setting it fits perfectly and tight, so I have plenty of room to grow in it. Though over the first week I ended up with a lot of bruising from it, but it wasn't sore.

Next week I am going for 3x3 145kg squats (my PR is 3 singles at 155 and my PR for 3x3 was last week at 140kg). The 140kg for 3x3 felt smooth as butter so I am feeling the 145kg 3x3 will be great (touch wood).

Today I pulled a 200kg deadlift (2nd time and this time it was smooth and no hitching), so I guess its a PR. It was also in sumo stance, been pulling sumo for about 7 weeks now, and I love it.

Bench pressing is going rough though, I just hit 3x3 at 105kg and struggling to reach 107.5kg. My PR for 5 singles was 115kg, but it was a very shady last 2 singles, this was about 2 months ago. So I think small amounts of progress? I made a few small tweaks in my program which will help I think.

This lady at my gym, she is a figure model, but she has been training Oly lifting with a Oly coach about 30 mins drive from my place. I am a little friendly with her, but yesterday she saw me squatting and started asking me about my training. She then told me she wants to take me down to meet her Oly lifting coach to play with some more Oly lifting, this will be fun . Its also a real gym, a lot of strongmen guys train there too, so I am excited to go into my first real gym like that. This will happen in 2-3 weeks I hope

I am reading everyones logs here on a daily basis though

Old 01-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #489
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Sounds like you're doing great. You should post more

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #490
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartigus View Post
Sorry I am not doing very well at posting here .
No need to apologize. We just miss your hardcore lifting action and I wanted to check in.

Quote:
Lifting is going great!
We expected no less.

Quote:
I got myself a Toro Lever Belt from Titan, and I love it!! This is my 2nd week using it and I am feeling tops using it. My lower back no longer gives me pain.
Great news.

Quote:
Today I pulled a 200kg deadlift (2nd time and this time it was smooth and no hitching), so I guess its a PR. It was also in sumo stance, been pulling sumo for about 7 weeks now, and I love it.
Great looking numbers for being less than 2 months into sumo. You should be ramming 500 pretty darn soon.

Quote:
She then told me she wants to take me down to meet her Oly lifting coach to play with some more Oly lifting, this will be fun . Its also a real gym, a lot of strongmen guys train there too, so I am excited to go into my first real gym like that. This will happen in 2-3 weeks I hope
Great opportunity. The more time you can spend with higher level athletes the better. You always learn a lot.

Keep charging hard Spart.