Old 04-10-2012, 09:26 AM   #111
MonsterMike
Brawn
Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17 Points: 1,098, Level: 17
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
MonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuytrider View Post
You are certainly living up to your username! 585 for reps on Anderson squats is amazing
Thanks!
MonsterMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #112
MonsterMike
Brawn

MonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good postsMonsterMike has made some very good posts

Did not do much this weekend bc my future in-laws were in town along with my fiance's younger sisters...one of them (she is a senior in high school) was trying out of the UT Cheerleading team....her and I have gotten quite close since I have been training in dallas alot, so I have seen how hard she works...I'm so proud of her! Amanda (my fiance) has been busting her ass getting artwork (Yes, she is a painter) done for a show.....very proud of her too! I always say, she works MUCH harder than I do! I was in Dallas for the SPF Longhorn Meet..my training partner and friend Chad Buckles was competing and I was handling him....he did not have quite the day he wanted (bombed on squat), but Chad has A LOT of potential to be great, just needs some more time...I think this was only his 5th meet? I worked out on Fri. with ray and timmy...heres how it went:

Safety squat bar: 3 plates with green band for 12x2 off box
Deads from floor in briefs: worked up to 5 plates FAST ( I think its bc I have not deadlifted in a while and my body is recovered)

GHR: 6x10
back raises: 4x12
Lat pull downs: 4x12
abs: 6x20 with 80 lbs.

I did not bench this week for max to rest my elbows and shoulders.....I will get back to it this week.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:34 AM   #113
MonsterMike
Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Solid work. Good luck with the in-laws

LtL
HAHA! Thanks man! It went well....they are actually divorced too....but they try their best to get along for their kids...they were very helpful this weekend and they are both loving in their own way.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:28 PM   #114
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
was trying out of the UT Cheerleading team....her and I have gotten quite close since I have been training in dallas alot, so I have seen how hard she works...I'm so proud of her!
Always a pleasure to see people work hard.

Quote:
I did not bench this week for max to rest my elbows and shoulders.....I will get back to it this week.
You use a slingshot or ram or anything during bench training?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:23 PM   #115
MonsterMike
Brawn

BTB...I use a sling shot on ocassion....a lot of that is dependant on how beat up my body is....i try to not use it as much as possible though.....it really helps off my chest, which is where my weakpoint on the bench is.....i feel as though i need to work that without the assistance of the sling shot....actually, where I really like to use it is for heavy 3 board work to help overload my lockout without having to put a shirt on (i get 270-300 out of my shirt, so i need to really work on locking out MUCH bigger weights than what i can do raw).
Old 04-11-2012, 01:25 PM   #116
MonsterMike
Brawn

hit some close stance raw low box squats for ME:

worked up to 365x3....again, sticking with the plan and doing the triples on all ME work

close stance GM's for reps: 6x10
GHR: 6x10
dimel deads: 4x6
abs: 4x20
Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 PM   #117
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Have you thought about working up to a max and then dropping down to 80% of that and repping out to get some volume in? Gig the idea from Jesse Burdick and Mark Bell.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #118
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterMike View Post
BTB...I use a sling shot on ocassion....a lot of that is dependant on how beat up my body is....i try to not use it as much as possible though.....it really helps off my chest, which is where my weakpoint on the bench is.....
You do a lot of paused work?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 11:18 AM   #119
MonsterMike
Brawn

I usually do a lot of concentrics, pause bench, and ballistic benching.
Old 04-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #120
MonsterMike
Brawn

Decline bench:

worked up to 315 for a triple
concentrics 6x1
tricep pushdowns: 4x20
front and lateral raises 4x10
lat pull downs: 4x12.

Fast easy workout today.....going to try and shirt up next week.