Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   DMAIPA Goes Classic (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5892)

dmaipa 04-17-2011 08:08 PM

DMAIPA Goes Classic

Now that my first show is over it's time to get back to building up some mass. I know for sure that this time around during my mass phase I will be watching my diet a little more so that when I do decided to compete again I don't have to drop close to 40 lbs. I see that my competition weight is around 165, so I will be making sure I keep my bodyfat in check and not get so high. Last bulk I just went and ate everything in sight. This time around I'm planning on doing a clean bulk using carb cycling.

Workout:
for my remaining time on the east coast, I decided to give the fullbody routine a try. It will consist of the basic compound movements and Olympic lifts. I hve 6 more weeks on the east coast so we'll see where we are after that. Will post up my routine once I got everything planned out. Each day will start with a oly/full body exercise.

BendtheBar 04-17-2011 08:17 PM

We're all proud of you Dmaipa.

Looking forward to seeing some great progress.

dmaipa 04-18-2011 05:07 PM

The Classic Routine:
rep wise i'm thinking of doing a progression in reps over three weeks. the first exercises on all of them will be 5-6 sets of 3 reps since they are the power exercises. rest of the exercises will be as followed:
week 1: 3x5
week 2: 4x5
week 3: 5x5
week 4: deload

I am really going to try to recover and focus on diet during this mass phase.

Day 1:
Power Cleans
Barbell Squats
Bench Press variation
Barbell Row
Overhead Press
Straight Bar Curl

Day 2:
Push Press Variation (BHN, Front, Snatch Grip)
Front Squat
DB Shoulder Press
Underhand Chin-ups
Bench Press
Dips

Day 3:
Power Snatch
Deadlift
Bench Press variation
Pull-ups
Shoulder Press Variation
Barbell Curl

let me know what you guys think about the exercise selection and order. going to give this classic style a try.

gaspers04 04-18-2011 05:32 PM

Nice layout, interested to see where this brings ya!

rippednmichigan 04-18-2011 06:21 PM

Looks solid D can't wait to see the progress from here bro!

bamazav 04-18-2011 08:03 PM

Welcome to the classic world. Great job in the contest, I am sure you will put on all the mass you want with your work ethic.

Szelago 04-18-2011 08:43 PM

From 'showtime' to 'growtime'!

Bodybygamma 04-19-2011 02:00 AM

Looks good. At this point I say only way to know if something works is to try it. By the 2nd week you should be able to tell if you need to switch out or alternate some movements. Smash it.

Spartigus 04-19-2011 03:06 AM

I love that style of routine!! Your going to absolutely kill it!!

LtL 04-19-2011 03:44 AM

Looks good buddy. Smash it up!

LtL