Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 12-09-2011, 04:20 PM   #661
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
Had an EMG (electromyelogram) done today. It is showing some nerve damage in the left leg, but none from the nerves coming off the spinal cord. I'll most likely need another MRI of the pelvis to ascertain what is really going on here...
Sorry to hear about the nerve damage and hope that it is corrective.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:35 PM   #662
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

So last Wednesday I got another MRI... well, technically 3 MRI's... of the pelvis and both hips. Hopefully the doc will find something in those MRI's that can be fixed. I've got my next appointment with him tomorrow AM. In the meantime I've picked up a cane to at least help me get around. I'm feeling pretty crappy mentally and emotionally right now, but at least things don't seem to have gotten much worse since my last doc visit. I'm definitely trying to keep my chin up and keep a positive attitude about this, but some days it's a lot harder than others.
Valentin Konstantin Platz
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:30 PM   #663
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn

Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Update from the doc: there wasn't anything interesting on the MRIs. That eliminates a tumor and a hematoma. Now my physiatrist is scratching his head. He suggested either another MRI, a myelogram, or a second opinion from a neurologist, thinking the neurologist might have some ideas he doesn't. I now have an appt with a neurologist next Tues... I really just want to know what the HELL is gping wrong. Mrs A is getting really worried, too, for several reasons.
Old 12-20-2011, 03:39 PM   #664
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Hope for some good news for you soon buddy.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 03:49 PM   #665
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn

I hope so too, Al. I did just get a scrip for Hydrocodone... The pain is getting bad enough in the evenings that naproxen doesn't even make a dent in it.
Old 12-20-2011, 04:07 PM   #666
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
Update from the doc: there wasn't anything interesting on the MRIs. That eliminates a tumor and a hematoma. Now my physiatrist is scratching his head. He suggested either another MRI, a myelogram, or a second opinion from a neurologist, thinking the neurologist might have some ideas he doesn't. I now have an appt with a neurologist next Tues... I really just want to know what the HELL is gping wrong. Mrs A is getting really worried, too, for several reasons.
Real glad to hear it's not a tumor. I understand how frustrated your are. Hang in there Aurik.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 01:21 PM   #667
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn

So, just got back from the neurologist. News is definitely not good. After a more thorough neurologic workup, he found weakness in pretty much every muscle of BOTH legs. The dorsiflexors are particularly weak, and so is the left hamstring. He said that the original EMG I had done was of limited usefulness. He suggested a number of possibilities -- first of all it could be some type of vitamin deficiency (which I find hard to believe since I've been taking a multi for the past 2 years religiously). He also took a look at my lumbar MRI and saw a few places where there are some bone spurs that seem to cause narrowing of the spinal cord. He also thought there could be a problem in the thoracic spine that is causing problems lower down the spine (he thought that unlikely). He also asked if I had polio as a kid (no I didn't).

So next courses of action: blood was drawn today to check for vitamin deficiencies and other systemic issues. Also, I have a thoracic spine MRI scheduled for tomorrow, and a thorough EMG (both legs, 1 arm, all major nerves) scheduled for next week. So... we'll see. I'm still in a "wait and see mode".
Old 01-18-2012, 07:56 AM   #668
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn

I haven't posted much in here lately due to medical issues, but for those of you who don't already know, I'd like to introduce you to the newest addition to our family, due to arrive towards the end of July:

And no, we're not naming him Thomas. Mrs. A already shot that down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	US-20120117-2.png
Views:	20
Size:	683.1 KB
ID:	3838  
Old 01-18-2012, 10:36 AM   #669
tank
Max Brawn
Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47 Points: 5,446, Level: 47
Activity: 16% Activity: 16% Activity: 16%

Training Exp: Rookie
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Food
tank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributortank is a dedicated contributor

congrats aurik! i read an earlier post of yours talking about trying to have a baby! really awesome to have just read that post the other day and now this one!

20 JAN 12 at 200 (90) BW - 385/275/405 (175/125/184) SQ/B/D

29 MAY 12 at 206 (93) BW - 135/175 (61/79) SN/CJ
tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #670
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Is that a barbell in there?

Happy for you Aurik.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote