Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-12-2011, 05:24 AM   #151
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

First 315 looked solid. Bar didn't slow til right at the top. What went wrong with the others? Missed the groove? Sounds like the third rep' might have been an overeager spotter TBH.

Deload sounds good. Got a template for Anello?

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2011, 05:33 AM   #152
bigtim27
the thrilla from phila
Max Brawn
Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56 Points: 7,178, Level: 56
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Military Press
Fav Supp: xtend
bigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributor

Nice benching Ken. First 315 looked good. Wish you had vids of the others.315 is awesome though good job buddy.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:08 AM   #153
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

315 was butter. And give me that Anello template so I can post it here.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #154
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

@Al: The second rep got out of the groove right off the chest, and there was no way I was going to get it back. The spotter on the third rep may have been a trifle overeager, but I was pretty wiped from the first 2 singles so I may or may not have gotten it.

@Tim: Thanks! I was happy with the way the first single went up. The fact that the second two were so hard probably shows how much I really need some downtime.

@BtB: Yeah, that 315 felt really good.

I found the Anello template here: The Tight Tan Slacks of Dezso Ban: 14-Week Deadlift Cycle - Vince Anello and after a bit of number crunching I came up with the attached spreadsheet.
Attached Files
File Type: xls Anello-Deadlift.xls (24.5 KB, 34 views)
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 08:09 AM   #155
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

HUGE benching, Ken! (The vid actually worked here at work for me). Looking WAY STRONG (cuz ya are!).
Old 05-12-2011, 08:29 AM   #156
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Thanks Aurik!

Old 05-12-2011, 12:06 PM   #157
jesseisrael
Pursuing Power!
Max Brawn
Points: 1,791, Level: 24 Points: 1,791, Level: 24 Points: 1,791, Level: 24
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 30 years
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: food
jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!

Nice work on the 315 Ken...
jesseisrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 04:11 PM   #158
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Smashing it Aurik!!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:20 PM   #159
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46

Training Exp: 1-2
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

So after 6 days of completely avoiding the gym, I was starting to gnash my teeth to smash SOME kinds of weight. Today I had a dentist's appointment (never fun, but at least the hygienist is very easy on the eyes), and the dentist's office is about a mile from House of Pain, so I HAD to stop by there.

Let me tell you, the guys at House of Pain are always very nice. I've never really bought anything BIG there... like I've never bought a bench shirt or anything over $100 from them, but everytime I drop by there, they're always treating me very well, very friendly and outgoing. Last time I was there to pick up some knee wraps, they tossed in a free HoP promo cup & mini gym towel for free. Today I was there to pick up some deadlift slippers (since I'll be deadlifting at the school gym and they have a big sign "You must wear athletic shoes"... not to mention that I don't want my socks slipping and sliding on the oak platform there. So, I got some deadlift slippers, and they tossed in a copy of the latest PowerliftingUSA magazine (the one with Benedikt Magnusson on the cover).

So I had to go to the university to pay my tuition (so I can get a receipt and everything), and stopped by the gym on the way back. Just warmed up with a few mins on the bike, and then did:

Deadlift (Warmup): 95/5 145/3
Deadlift (5@40%): 180/5
Deadlift (5@50%): 225/5
Deadlift (5@60%): 280/5

All of them felt smooooth as butter. While I was there I was stunned to see that the guys on the squat rack were *gasp* actually doing full depth squats. One guy was "only" doing 135, but his form was very good and he was hitting proper depth. The next guy worked his way all the way up to a couple doubles at 405... and did I mention that they were completely A2G? After I reracked all my weights, I went over to him and talked to him a bit, complimenting him on the fact that he was actually doing full-depth squats at 405. We had a bit of a talk after that, and then I headed out to meet my wife for a nice little dinner before she had to go to a church meeting.

Today I also tried out liquid chalk for the first time. I didn't really notice one way or the other, since I was "only" at 60%, but it IS a lot less messy than regular gym chalk (and they expressly forbid regular chalk at my gym). The deadlift slippers gave me a nice bit of grippiness on the oak platform, and all in all things felt pretty good. I had a bit of a lower back pump going on afterwards, but nothing too obnoxious. I'm definitely ready to start the Anello cycle next week
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 08:07 PM   #160
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Best of luck with the cycle Aurik. Work it hard and beef up that deadlift.