Muscle and Brawn Forums

Muscle and Brawn Forums (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/index.php)
-   Training Logs (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Squatter's Journal-The Good, The Bad & The Ugly (http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5630)

Squatter 03-12-2011 06:09 PM

Squatter's Journal-The Good, The Bad & The Ugly

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone for the warm welcome here. Finally have some time to start my journal here. First, a brief history of me. I have been lifting recreationally for over 20 years. I was ready to quit last year until I met LtL. He convinced me to start a journal at M&S and the rest is history. I have been enjoying the best progression of my life since both weight-wise and form-wise.

A few facts for those that do not know me. I have Celiac Disease which means I cannot eat anything that contains Gluten. Gluten is found in wheat, rye, and barley. That's right, no Beer and Pizza for me. When I went gluten-free on my 40th birthday, I also quit drinking and smoking on the same day and have not looked back since. Going gluten-free was the hardest part. I also decided I might as well clean up my diet at the same time. I have not eaten any junk, processed, or fast food since, other than a piece of gluten free cake on birthdays. Being gluten free is tough enough, so I do not count calories. never have and never will.

Secondly, I do wear straps on deadlifts. I do so due to a medical condition. I suffer from Benign Hand Tremors. Sometimes I cannot even sign my name my hands shake so much. This in turn affects my grip - I never know whether or not my grip will show up on any given day, as the severity of my tremors fluctuates. For this reason, I don't think I will ever be able to compete.

So, enough of the bad news and on to the good. I recently did new 1 RM's. I am currently on Wendler's 5/3/1 and just started cycle 6. Here are the vids of my new 1 RM's:

Push Press: 190 lbs

Squat: 405 lbs

Bench Press: 250 lbs

Deadlift: 455 lbs

My 5/3/1 routine is as follows:

Monday: Push Press

Push Press 5/3/1
DB Press 3X10
Pull Ups 50 reps in as many sets as required
Face Pulls 3X10

Tuesday: Squat

Squat 5/3/1
1.25 Squats 3X10
RDL's 3X10
GHR's 3X10

Thursday: Bench Press

Bench Press 5/3/1
20 Degree Incline DB Press 3X10
Pendlay Rows 4X6
Chin Ups 25 reps in as many sets as required, working my way up to 50 reps

Friday: Deadlift

Deadlift 5/3/1
Sumo Deadlifts 4X10
Badass Heavy BB Shrugs 3X7
Standing BB Curls or Preacher Curls 3X10

I train at home in my JimGym. It is a well equipped home gym with a power rack w/lat tower attachment, 660 lbs of iron, Bowflex DB's, seated calf raise bench, a GHR bench, a bike, and an elliptical. I also have lots of accessories like 40 lb ankle weights, ropes, etc, etc. I wake up at 3:45AM and I am warming up by 4:00 and I'm usually lifting by 4:15ish. I train fasted. I take a pre-wo supp (currently Allmax Blast Powder), Xtend intra wo, a tri-blend protein shake post wo, Then I do my cardio, usually 45 mins take buffered creatine, COQ10, then shower, and then eat the world's healthiest breaky.

My current goals are:

Push Press: 225 lbs
Squat: 445 lbs
Bench Press: 315 lbs
Deadlift: 500 lbs

Ready to SFHW!!!

Squatter 03-12-2011 06:10 PM

nvm!

BendtheBar 03-12-2011 06:11 PM

Glad to see your log Squatter. Regarding Youtube, you can just paste the URL and they auto-embed.

Program looks excellent. I'm on my way out the door but want to take a close look when I get back.

Squatter 03-12-2011 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BendtheBar (Post 122706)
Glad to see your log Squatter. Regarding Youtube, you can just paste the URL and they auto-embed.

Program looks excellent. I'm on my way out the door but want to take a close look when I get back.

Thanks Steve:)Really looking forward to this!!!!!!!!!

5kgLifter 03-12-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squatter (Post 122705)
nvm!

^^I see you figured it out :rockon: Great to see your log up and running.

Squatter 03-12-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5kgLifter (Post 122709)
^^I see you figured it out :rockon: Great to see your log up and running.

Thanks Babs Got it figured out from Steve's post:)

ILoveLifting 03-12-2011 10:40 PM

Good luck with your goals jim.

I cant wait to watch you tear it up brotha!

ForwardMotionStruggle 03-13-2011 12:51 AM

Man that passion you have after a lift is awesome.
Strong lifts, can't wait to see more!

BendtheBar 03-13-2011 08:30 AM

Real impressed with the numbers and how far you've come. Thinking about powerlifting at all?

HumanHorrorFilm 03-13-2011 08:40 AM

Digging the journal title, digging the setup. Good luck with 5/3/1 man.