Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
Fingers crossed for you regarding these medical issues, Jim. I am betting that once you drop a little of your insulation that your BP gets back to a more acceptable level (my baseline BP has risen slightly with my BW).

It's unfortunate that the tremor meds kill your metabolism.
Thanks Nard. I think your right on the money, as I am confident my BP will come down once I get my weight down to 200 or at the least 195. If I have to take BP meds, I hope its only temporary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Sitting all day for work just kills my metabolism. I only leave the house once a week.

Good luck with the hawthorn. Someday when you feel crazy, try a week long Paleo test run and check your BP after the week
You have to stop being a Hermit Steve!! What is Paleo anyway? I think its a diet plan??? I hope the Hawthorn and the micro algae will reduce the BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
You'll get it figured out Jim. It's definitly harder losing the older you get, but then again you are wiser and more disciplined now too. Probably better off finacially too, so you can afford to buy all the right things to eat, etc. Just saying there's two sides to every coin. Definitly sucks about the medicine, though. Hope your doc has a good answer for that problem!

FWIW, I don't think more, or longer cardio sessions is the way to go. You could just end up chasing food all the way up the cardio tree. My experience this past year has shown me that when I cardio hard in long sessions, I simply can't stay strict with my food. I tended to cheat too often and couldn't stop myself. Maybe you're different, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

Right now, I'm trying shorter, but more intense cardio and seeing how that goes.

Still, point is you'll figure this out. Just keep at it.
Thanks Mike. Its a good thing I don't smoke, or drink, or have any bad habits so I can afford the specialized supps. I do the longer cardio so that I can eat a bit more, yes. I need the food in order to lift heavy. I would rather do that than less food and no cardio. WRT discipline, I literally am the most disciplined clean eating Celiac on Earth. For 7 years, I have not had any junk, processed, or fast food except for some gluten-free birthday cake and the odd bit of ice cream. Pretty much every speck of food I eat is very nutritious. Do I miss the other foods? Nope, I don't even remember what they taste like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Squatter, sorry to read about your weightloss issues. I wish I had some advice for you, but to be honest I don't.
One thing is for sure, you need to stay on the iron and continue to focus on progression. I have the dogmatic belief that everything will work out as long as you keep lifting and progressing.
Good luck my friend.
Also, I don't have any experience with them, but have you considered a "weightloss" supplement. Maybe a thermogenic or CLA or something.
Your support is all the advice I need. For sure, the iron is here to stay and is the priority. I do take CLA already. I am also considering a fat-burner.

Thanks so much Big J
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1310 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-08-2011, 09:38 PM   #932
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

MOB POWERBUILDING CYCLE 2 DAY 7

Cardio
13.1 Miles
1 hour 38 Mins

I have decided to do 30 minute Jimtervals on lifting days and steady state cardio on non-lifting days. I know this may be unconventional, but since when did I do anything conventionally?

Also, I have finally uploaded some vids & pics from my recent 16th anniversary in Banff. It's awesome having this to visit anytime as it is only a 80 minute drive from home (60 mins from city limits) And yes, that is snow on some of the peaks, in August.

This is the Squatter Clan

This is the Banff Springs Hotel, where we stayed. This pic was taken from atop Sulphur mountain with my Canon zoom lens. This has to be one of the top 20 hotels in the world. It is absolutely breathtaking in and out, with food & service to match.

This is an Elk that walked up to us while we were walking around. I was literally about 7 feet away from it.

We also saw a bear cub, but it ran back into the forest before we could get a pic. I wasn't about to go after it with mama around. Getting between a bear cub and mama bear is a death sentence.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 09-08-2011, 09:51 PM   #933
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
You have to stop being a Hermit Steve!! What is Paleo anyway? I think its a diet plan??? I hope the Hawthorn and the micro algae will reduce the BP
Basically protein, fat, fruits, veggies, no legumes, no grains, no milk with lactose. Eat all you want.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #934
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

And some amazing images. Beautiful family Jimbo.

Old 09-09-2011, 03:59 AM   #935
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Stunning pic's Jim. Your wife and daughter look very Italian.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 06:55 AM   #936
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Basically protein, fat, fruits, veggies, no legumes, no grains, no milk with lactose. Eat all you want.
Sounds interesting and something I could try later on. lets go crazy!!

Quote:
And some amazing images. Beautiful family Jimbo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Stunning pic's Jim. Your wife and daughter look very Italian.

LtL
Thanks Steve & Big Al. Thought it would be nice to show you guys a little piece of my world. My daughter has my long toes tho!!

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 09-09-2011, 08:23 PM   #937
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

MOB POWERBUILDING CYCLE 2 DAY 8

Seated BB Press
125 X8 PR +2.5 lbs
125 X8 See Vid
125 X8
125 X6

High Pulls
145 X8 PR + 10 lbs
145 X8
145 X8

Standing BB Curls
Bar X15
Bar X15
Bar X15
Only did 45 lbs due to forearm a bit irritated and on left elbow I have mysteriously developed a tender spot on the bone. I guess it's just all part of Geezerhood.

Hammer Curls
20's X10
20's X10
20's X10

Cardio
Jimtervals
3.8 Miles

I really like doing the 30 minutes of Jimtervals after lifting instead of steady state for 50 mins. It leaves me more time to cool off before showering and I feel i am getting a kick butt workout.

Box Squats are scheduled for tomorrow. I sure hope I have lost some weight as I will likely do the squat challenge. I will also probably be using a box, not to box squat, but to tell my butt where to stop at parallel cuz I am so used to going ATG. I wouldn't want to put myself at a disadvantage by going any deeper than I have to. It's going to be interesting because I know my muscles will give out before my cardio

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 09-09-2011, 09:58 PM   #938
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Presses looked real easy Jim.

Hope you do much better on the squat challenge than I did. With all that cardio you should do well. Do you perform cardio immediately after lifting?

Old 09-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #939
Pull14
Max Brawn
Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37 Points: 3,581, Level: 37
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Type: Fullbody
Pull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machinePull14 is a lifting machine

Nice pictures/video and awesome lookin family you have there Squatter, and great lifting. That pressing looked easy for ya!

Edit: had to come back to get a laugh outta those ram's ear-action.

Last edited by Pull14; 09-10-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Pull14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #940
ILoveLifting
Strength Fiend
Max Brawn
Points: 2,129, Level: 27 Points: 2,129, Level: 27 Points: 2,129, Level: 27
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: New York Strips and V8
ILoveLifting is off to a bad start

Beautiful family Jim! And the hotel isnt too shabby.
ILoveLifting is offline   Reply With Quote