I WILL
Max Brawn
Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45 Points: 5,091, Level: 45
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 2-4 years 2 serious
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Romanian Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
I WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master memberI WILL is a master member

The watermelon story made me laugh. So I guess no picking up watermelons, keep benching. Strong work all around, but I loved watching the GM's, excellent.

MAB Sponsored Athlete

My Website: Nutrition Beast
I WILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2013, 07:59 AM   #5072
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Holy Squat Session!!!
I'm so impressed with the effort you've been giving workout after workout. You are giving me some good goals and motivation as I work back up to heavier weights again. Awesome stuff.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #5073
KD5NFW
13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
SQUAT DAY

Goal today was to fiver my way to 3 shades of blue. Man, the last 2 reps on the money set were killer and forced me to dig deep. Good thing i had no idea what was loaded really - for the life of me I have issues converting KG's in my head, when I am focusing on moving iron, and admiring Dave's 500 lb raw singles that were deep as the big blue sea. Sheesh!!

I believe my previous best at repping 365 was a triple. I cannot lie, repping that kind of weight is so hard. The inner Powerlifter in me is begging me to stop at a single, so that I can move on to even heavier shit. Additionally, even more difficult when all the rest of the Crew are doing singles. Rep work really teaches faith in the process and discipline.

Best thing is is that I am thrashed, but healthy to fight another day, which is why I stopped at 365.

Squats
100 X5
165 X5
210 x5
275 X5
298 X5
320 X5
Add Wraps
342 X5
364 X5 Vid

GHR's
BW X10
BW X9
BW X9

GM's
95 X5
135 X10
135 X15
135 X15 Vid

Reverse Hypers
90 X8
90 X10 Vid
90 X8

Leg Press SS/ Calf Raises
2PPS X8/12
3PPS X10/12
4PPS X12/12 Vid
4PPS X12/12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oc1XG0aPX4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbBqDJz_e-M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Dyc1lR9Ew

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgsPAFzBeiM

Big time squat session Jim! Great effort on that 365x5

Thanks for the vid on the reverse hypers because I have always wondered what the heck those were (but not enough to actually google it lol)!
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #5074
dzarello
Italian Proud
Max Brawn
Points: 6,751, Level: 54 Points: 6,751, Level: 54 Points: 6,751, Level: 54
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 2 years
Training Type: Wendler 531
Fav Exercise: Squats/Deads
Fav Supp: Food
dzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master memberdzarello is a master member

Awesome benching and squatting. Sooner or later you will be benching 275 and squatting 500. Going to be some awesome videos to watch. Great job Jim!

I just want a place where I can be left alone to get strong and work off some aggression.
-Dave Tate-

Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.
-Eleanor Roosevelt-

dzarello is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:00 PM   #5075
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Just catching up on three great sessions there Jim.... You are really knocking them out of the park these days!
Inspiring stuff young man!!!

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #5076
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

I know he didn't assist the lift in any way but, during your squats, why does the spotter on the right keep touching the weight plates before you finish the rep?
Old 09-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #5077
Tannhauser
Max Brawn
Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100 Points: 138,239, Level: 100
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 30+
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Front squat
Fav Supp: Creatine. C'est tout.
Tannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite memberTannhauser is an elite member

Jim, is that a Dodge Viper in the pic?

Powerlifts: 500/363/573 @ 220 belt only
front squat: 403
dips: bodyweight + 176 x 4
military press: 232
Tannhauser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #5078
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Great work Super Jim! Are you sure your not getting younger like that movie ! Keep smashing!!!
Thanks Jay!! You mean that movie "Cocoon"? That is actually one of my fave movies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Thorough leg thrashing indeed Jimbro!! Heavy squat reppage does suck!! And I'm only doing 3 reps. Great work with the crew
Thanks Rich!! Singles and doubles are addictive lol. Going thru withdrawal still!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry19 View Post
I'm incredibly impressed with that money set, Jim! Huge motivation for me with speed squats on the agenda for tomorrow.
Thanks Henry!! That was about as close to failure as I have been in awhile with squats. I can feel my legs growing even more tho. I have never really done speedwork, as it has always been too hard on my joints for some reason. I try to get decent speed on the descent, and then drop into the hole for some bounce.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Very very strong Bench and squat session super Jim ... Going great ... keep up the great momentum brother ...
Thanks Ravi!! It was my 2nd heavy squat sesh within a week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I WILL View Post
The watermelon story made me laugh. So I guess no picking up watermelons, keep benching. Strong work all around, but I loved watching the GM's, excellent.
Haha - yep, a watermelon has brought me down!! Indeed, be aware, those things are dangerous!! I have to remember to go for high reps on GM's , as that seems to be the consensus on how the rep scheme should be with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
Holy Squat Session!!!
I'm so impressed with the effort you've been giving workout after workout. You are giving me some good goals and motivation as I work back up to heavier weights again. Awesome stuff.
Thanks OR!! Now that I am healthyat these weights, when I used tto always crap out with my facet joints and eye hemorrhages, the fire within me is getting hotter and hotter as I feel I have a real good second chance to reach some goaals that have been going on for years. I know you know the feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Big time squat session Jim! Great effort on that 365x5

Thanks for the vid on the reverse hypers because I have always wondered what the heck those were (but not enough to actually google it lol)!
Thanks Rich!! Haha - I think it's one of the best squat assistance lifts out there. I was excited when I first saw the crew had one. (It belongs to the crew, not the gym)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzarello View Post
Awesome benching and squatting. Sooner or later you will be benching 275 and squatting 500. Going to be some awesome videos to watch. Great job Jim!
Thanks DZ!! Bench goal is to get to 315 in 2014. Squat goal for 2014 is 450, and deadlift for now is 500 of course! For 2014, no goal for deadlift after 500 - just will play for progression as much as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
Just catching up on three great sessions there Jim.... You are really knocking them out of the park these days!
Inspiring stuff young man!!!
Thanks Alan!! It's all because I am so healthy, which really fuels my fire within. Being in this state of health has been a goal of mine for 10 years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
I know he didn't assist the lift in any way but, during your squats, why does the spotter on the right keep touching the weight plates before you finish the rep?
I have no idea Babs - that is not the proper way of course. I actually don't like him very much (his name is Johnny) he's kind of a assholey prick/ douchebag. However, I can't choose my spotters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
Jim, is that a Dodge Viper in the pic?
Yes, it is!!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #5079
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Nice bench reps and very nice squats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #5080
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Nice bench reps and very nice squats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free
Thanks Al!!

Man, am I ever sore all over today. Tough to dig up any energy to do anything. Didn't even want to take the Stang out for a drive!!

Should have popped a few more Ark 3's!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote