Powered by Purus
Max Brawn
Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57 Points: 7,378, Level: 57
Activity: 9% Activity: 9% Activity: 9%

Training Exp: 12 years on and off.
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat/Bench/Dead
Fav Supp: Whole Milk
Randoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master memberRandoja is a master member

Hell of a sandwich Jim!
www.puruslabs.net
www.unbreakablegear.com <--Save 10% on apparel with coupon code MAB10!
Meet PR's:451/270/501 (181) 479/270/529 (198) Best Total: 1212@181 1278@198
Randoja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2013, 07:52 PM   #4442
fenrisulfr
Peanut Butter Member
Max Brawn
Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68 Points: 10,634, Level: 68
Activity: 25% Activity: 25% Activity: 25%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Chicken breast
fenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite memberfenrisulfr is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I agree with Fen. You need to work on the same thing as me for your sumo pulls which is externally rotating your knees and hips allowing you to drop down inbetween your thighs and keep your chest up and behind the bar. It makes the start harder but the lockout easier
This guy knows what he's talking about. Lol. Might I suggest Jefferson squats/dead lifts whatever you want to call them. They will help you open up those thighs. I think its easier for me since Im taller. Also watch Dan green deadlift. I just copy what he does, same setup , drop down, yank that fkn bar then pull like hell.
fenrisulfr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #4443
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Your what is shrinking?!?! lol

That's a month's worth of quality work for a mere mortal crammed into one awesome session Jim! Beast mode activated!
I dunno = powerbelly maybe?

Thanks Rich!! No wonde rit took me 6 hours to do! haha j/k

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
I agree with Fen. You need to work on the same thing as me for your sumo pulls which is externally rotating your knees and hips allowing you to drop down inbetween your thighs and keep your chest up and behind the bar. It makes the start harder but the lockout easier
OK Al - love the critique and I'll work on it with the crew. I'll get it to where it needs to be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzarello View Post
Super strong pulling & awesome squatting. That looks like a damn good samich.

Three (2 dl styles/1 squat) compound lifts and no fillers! Simple and right to the point. Maybe thats what I need. Simplification! Thanks Jim!
Thanks DZ!! Keeping it simple works best for me, although there are a few other lifts I would like to do but run out of time. Shrugs for one!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
Great looking deads.
Thanks Storm!! Sumos need some work but I'll get it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randoja View Post
Hell of a sandwich Jim!
Very tasty Randy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenrisulfr View Post
This guy knows what he's talking about. Lol. Might I suggest Jefferson squats/dead lifts whatever you want to call them. They will help you open up those thighs. I think its easier for me since Im taller. Also watch Dan green deadlift. I just copy what he does, same setup , drop down, yank that fkn bar then pull like hell.
Haha - indeed he does!! Watching others likely won't help me. I'll get the crew boys to help me fix it. I have never really had anyone critique my sumo's before, so I knew they likely needed some work.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1310 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:14 PM   #4444
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Calgary Flooding

Not sure if any of you know yet, but much of Calgary where I live has flooded. Thankfully, I live in the Northeast section of the city which is higher ground. My family, house, and the Mustang are safe and sound thank god.

I took the video close to work, along the ridge road that I drive along everyday. It has a spectacular view of downtown and the mountains. The freeway is Deerfoot Trail, which narrowly escaped any flooding. However, anything near and many areas south of he river did not. The Calgary Zoo is gone. The animals had to be moved - they even sent the big cats to the courthouse cells. The Olympic Saddledome is completely flooded out with water up to the luxury suites. The Calgary Stampede, a 100 year old event, is completely flooded out. I'd say about half the city is flooded out. The downtown core is completely flooded.

Banff and Canmore were also hard hit. The Trans Canada highway through that area is washed away. Canmore is almost completely decimated. It is a mountain town loaded with mega million dollar houses. Thousands of tourists are stranded in Banff. In Bragg Creek, many houses were completely washed away and smashed against bridges.

The torrential downpours of this week, along with a record melting snowpack in the Rockies is causing the flooding. A low pressure system parked right over us is bringing in major moisture from Seattle Pacific Coast, then it travels over Idaho, Montana, and the Dakotas, then counter clockwises up over Saskatchewan, and then collides with the Western slopes of the Rockies and all hell breaks loose. I think about 300,000 people have lost their homes.

Calgary Flooding - 2013 Flood - DRAMATIC PICTURES & VIDEO - Calgary Video Production - BizBOXTV

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 06-22-2013, 01:23 AM   #4445
EliteDreams
Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Amazing lifts as always Jim.

Stay up away from that water!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #4446
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
DEADLIFT SANDWICH WITH EXTRA BEEF
Squat
115 X5 135 X5 155 X5 185 X5 205 X5 225 X5

Conventional Deadlift
Raw
185 X3 245 X3 315 X3 365 X3 385 X3 405 X5 435 X1

Sumo Deadlift
Versagripps
335 X5 335 X5 335 X5 335 X5 335 X5

Squat
135 X5 155 X5 185 X8 185 X8 185 X8 185 X8 185 X20
I'm taking a day off tomorrow after reading this super Jim ... And I just read that you are getting your strength back that means still not 100% ... Now this is unfair ... lol ... So happy for you brother ... Keep up the great work buddy ...
Old 06-22-2013, 08:18 AM   #4447
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

That sucks about the flood. I'm especially bummed out about people's homes and the Stampede Grounds. The Stampede is a premier rodeo.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:46 AM   #4448
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
Amazing lifts as always Jim.

Stay up away from that water!
Thanks Ben! Indeed, the cops have been telling curiosity seekers the same thing! Just staying home this weekend. That is what they are telling us to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
I'm taking a day off tomorrow after reading this super Jim ... And I just read that you are getting your strength back that means still not 100% ... Now this is unfair ... lol ... So happy for you brother ... Keep up the great work buddy ...
You - a day off?? Haha - it seems like you lift 24/7 Once I get it back, I am coming after your strength!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Road View Post
That sucks about the flood. I'm especially bummed out about people's homes and the Stampede Grounds. The Stampede is a premier rodeo.
Ya, I cannot imagine what it's like to lose your home or look at it half full of water. One reason I did buy my house where it is is because it's pretty much impossible to flood where I am. I am far away from the rivers and on high ground. The City also installed bigger sewers here when the community was built. There is also a dry pond just at the end of my block, where any sewer back ups or overflow go first, before any basements. My house also has a special Delta MS Wrap around the foundation. This was a pricey upgrade but makes it near impossible for anyw ater to seep thru any crack in the concrete foundation.

Indeed, the Stampede was set to begin in a couple of weeks. I have no idea what they are going to do. I don't think they will be able to clean it up and then set everything up in time.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 06-22-2013, 10:04 AM   #4449
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Fine work Jim! Sorry about the flooding, that must be hard on the community for sure!
Old 06-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #4450
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Fine work Jim! Sorry about the flooding, that must be hard on the community for sure!
Thanks Sir swede! It is tough on the city as a whole because this has never happened before. However, Albertans as a whole are a tough breed and we'll manage.

Gym PR's:
Age 50