Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
No arm twisting here my friend! Never even knew about it. Steve invited me, and I'm not gonna lie, I felt sort of special! I like M&S, don't get me wrong, but as you know I'm growing tired of certain things ! Loving it here, although I'm a noob again
I'm sorry about your eyes too bud! I know that it's not a total shock, but hat sure as hell doesn't make it easier! You know I'm always here for you my friend and I'm praying for you too! Keep focused on your goals, no matter what your a champion to me:flex:
Indeed, MAB is like a haven from the madness and lunacy at M&S.

Thanks for the thoughts and as always the prayers for my eyes. I am really worried, but I am sure I will be bale to forget about it at the meet.
Bench: 275 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1251 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 515 lbs
Total: 1305 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #2472
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Hang tough Jim. I know this isn't easy for you right now but we're all pulling for you.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:38 PM   #2473
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Sorry to hear about your vision. Looking strong though.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #2474
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Hang tough Jim. I know this isn't easy for you right now but we're all pulling for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Sorry to hear about your vision. Looking strong though.
Thanks Steve & Al. I am so looking forward to the meet as I know it will make me feel better about my situation. It scares me to know that the inflammation will have to go untreated and that all the damage is permanent.

I went to my physiotherapist yesterday, and am I ever glad I did. That facet joint was popped out again. I know when I lean too much on squats, that joint is out. He said he would be available all this week and next Monday if I need him. I am also going for a massage on Saturday.

I am pretty sure I am going to do my mock meet Wednesday night. I will then have a "stay loose/deload session on Saturday. This will then give me 4 days of complete rest before the meet

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 10-30-2012, 01:38 PM   #2475
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Really sorry to read the update in the eyes Jim....i think its a great show of strength the way you continue to train and smash PRs like you do.

Looking forward to the mock meet....you got somone to call the commands for you? Mrs. Squatter perhaps?

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:19 PM   #2476
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Wow, very sorry to hear about cataracts adding to your eye problems. That's a pretty tough break. You don't deserve that. Hope it works out as well as possible. I've had family with cataracts, not fun.

Lifts are looking great though. Good thing your doc will be there to fix up your facet joint.

I'm sure you'll do great at your meet. No question you raise your totals, hope you have a good time as well.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #2477
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by markievicz View Post
Really sorry to read the update in the eyes Jim....i think its a great show of strength the way you continue to train and smash PRs like you do.

Looking forward to the mock meet....you got somone to call the commands for you? Mrs. Squatter perhaps?
Thanks Alan. Without my lifting and all the support I get, I wouldn't know what to do. My lifting has helped me cope with many things, such as my mom's passing earlier this year.

Mock meet will be tonight. I am hoping Mrs Squatter will be home in time. She has to drive my daughter to a halloween party/sleepover tonight. Other than that, I will have to imagine them.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 10-31-2012, 06:12 PM   #2478
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
JIMGYM SQUAT SESSION

I also have some worst case scenario news regarding my eyes. I had to pay the surgeon an emergency visit on Friday. My visual clarity decreased quite a bit last week. My eyes are also sore all the time. After his examination, he told me I have started to develop Cataracts in both eyes. My Birdshot inflammation is also worsening. He cannot treat my inflammation because the steroid shot acts like fertilizer for Cataracts. When the time comes to operate on my eyes, and it will, he will have to choose between the lesser of two evils, as operating on the eyes to remove the Cataracts will cause the Birdshot to worsen by as much as 50%. Leaving the Cataracts will also cause vision loss. Either way, I will lose upwards to 50% of my vision with a chance of complete blindness. I am royally screwed. I am trying my best to absorb and deal with this, but it's proving to be very hard. I just can't come to terms with this and I'd be lying if I said it didn't think about it all the time. It's eating me up emotionally.

I had some difficulty getting my stance just right today.

Please don't take this the wrong way, easily done when emotions are high which they will be for you in relation to your sight.

Now is the time to start some proprioception training, once a week, as I'm sure you'll want to lift for as long as you can and not let diminished eyesight get in the way...starting now whilst sight is almost 100% will assist in teaching the brain to understand where you are spacially, whereas starting later, when sight may have dimished, won't necessarily allow you to progress as quickly which would then also affect squats and DLs etc, since you'd require longer to get used to understanding where you were spacially via proprioception.

Reduced sight, I can't imagine having to deal with, but I hope it doesn't stop you training.

A short, true story about a guy I knew: He was very adept at Esperanto and had studied for several years, very fluent. He suffered adult onset hearing loss, never lost his hearing fully, just had very bad hearing...at that point, he gave up Esperanto...though, there was no reason for him to do so, he overlooked that he could still write and read, he may have even been able to communicate via sign language as I'm sure there is a sign language for Esperanto...but, he just gave up...don't be him! Don't give up what you love doing, find a way around it but start finding those alternate paths now and not when you may be at a much more emotionally lower point than you are now.

Hang tough!
Old 10-31-2012, 11:26 PM   #2479
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Wow, very sorry to hear about cataracts adding to your eye problems. That's a pretty tough break. You don't deserve that. Hope it works out as well as possible. I've had family with cataracts, not fun.

Lifts are looking great though. Good thing your doc will be there to fix up your facet joint.

I'm sure you'll do great at your meet. No question you raise your totals, hope you have a good time as well.
thanks so much Mike!! Facet joint is now a problem. I will see physio on Monday, just before I leave, then rest up and hope for the best. Overall, I will do better than my first meet - squats tho are now a big question mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way, easily done when emotions are high which they will be for you in relation to your sight.

Now is the time to start some proprioception training, once a week, as I'm sure you'll want to lift for as long as you can and not let diminished eyesight get in the way...starting now whilst sight is almost 100% will assist in teaching the brain to understand where you are spacially, whereas starting later, when sight may have dimished, won't necessarily allow you to progress as quickly which would then also affect squats and DLs etc, since you'd require longer to get used to understanding where you were spacially via proprioception.

Reduced sight, I can't imagine having to deal with, but I hope it doesn't stop you training.

A short, true story about a guy I knew: He was very adept at Esperanto and had studied for several years, very fluent. He suffered adult onset hearing loss, never lost his hearing fully, just had very bad hearing...at that point, he gave up Esperanto...though, there was no reason for him to do so, he overlooked that he could still write and read, he may have even been able to communicate via sign language as I'm sure there is a sign language for Esperanto...but, he just gave up...don't be him! Don't give up what you love doing, find a way around it but start finding those alternate paths now and not when you may be at a much more emotionally lower point than you are now.

Hang tough!
I will never quit lifting Babs. It really is in my blood, not my eyes. I know I can lift even if I end up losing my vision. I reckon by that term proprioception, that you mean I could start doing some lifts with my eyes closed now, to sort of gradually get used to it?

thanks for the wise words of wisdom Babs!!

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 10-31-2012, 11:29 PM   #2480
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

MOCK MEET

My squat form has flown south. I hope flying to Vegas will be far enough to catch up to it. I have my suspicions tho that some Warlock in Texas (I won't name names) has stolen it. At any rate, squats were somewhat scary this Halloween. Fitting I suppose, but frustrating. I may have to adjust my opener to 355-365 for the meet. The problem is, is that my back feels fine for the warm up and most of the ramp up, then boom, it's not, and I lean forward excessively. Who would have thunk it that such a tiny little bone and small amount of soft tissue could bring my squat crashing down. The lesson learned is that I should go ultra conservative for my opener. I will know by the time I lift about 335 if my back is OK or not. If I lift an proposed opener of 355 to 365 with no back issues, I will likely go for 405 on my 2nd, just like I did in Vernon. If I have any issues, I will likely go for 375 for a 2nd lift and maybe 395 for a 3rd, and walk away knowing I did my best. I am confident that I can lift at least 355 even if my facet joint is acting up.

Plan forward now is to rest up and perhaps have a super light deload on Saturday to stay loose. I will likely go see David, my physiotherapist, anyway on Monday.

I am really not sure at this point what the future holds for my squatting. This Facet joint issue now has been going on for quite some time now, and is rearing it's ugly head more and more frequently. It seems every time I build up to over 405, I can handle it and even a bit more, and then it becomes a problem. It's frustrating because I have been lifting 405-420 now for a long time now, and I should be squatting 450 or more by now. I know I am capable of 440 on a good day now, like I did with the crew (using chains) a few weeks ago. I tripled 375 to below parallel just a week or so ago with decent form. I have even doubled 405 recently. The issue doesn't seem to affect my bench at all, or much on my deadlifts, thankfully.

All lifts were ramped up to my proposed openers only.

Squat
135 X3
185 X2
225 X1
275 X1
315 X1
315 X1
345 X1
360 X1
375 X1
I will let all you jury members decide if depth was good enough on the 375. I am really upset about the crappy form.

Bench Press
All reps were paused.
135 X3
185 X2
205 X1
230 X1
255 X1

Deadlifts
135 X3
225 X2
315 X1
365 X1