Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

FIRST LIFTING SESSION WITH THE CREW

Absolutely loved it. It was almost like lifting at a meet. We used the Monolift to squat. I did not have to ask for a spot either. 3 spotters automatically gather, along with several team members looking on ready to critique. On the other Monolift, the really big boys were squatting with so many plates I could not add them up. One member was squatting 7 PPS suited up.

Yes indeed, I have stepped about as far as anyone could out of my comfort zone by joining this team, and by being qualified and invited to compete and represent Canada at the World Powerlifting Congress world championships in Las Vegas in November, in the Raw Division Master Men 2 age class (Ages 43-49) and 110KG's weight class. I am literally speechless and of course honored. We already have our bags packed. I sort of feel like an Olympian! Most of the team is also attending and some are competing. Brian and Mario will be with me all the way from now to get my lifts to where I and they think they should be. Last year, in Latvia, the best lifter in my class and age group pulled and squatted 462 lbs and benched 396. I would of course like a 425+ squat, a 475 deadlift, and a 280+ bench.Here is the email: (I have bolded my name on the spreadsheet)

Hi all:

If you have received this email you are invited to represent Canada at the WPC worlds in Las Vegas November 6-11 2012.

There are two attachments to this email. One is a word document that has details about the entry forms, the hotel and when entries are to be in. You must confirm you are going by email to Bruce McIntyre by August 3 and entries and payments must be received by August 31 at my house in Waterloo in order for payments to be processed to the WPC on time. It is important to confirm on time as some alternates may want to compete in your place if you choose not to go. If I do not get a confirmation email by August 3 I will assume you are not planning to attend.

The second attachment is a spreadsheet that lists athletes who are eligible for the raw and equipped competitions. They are on separate tabs in the spreadsheet. Please review these and make sure your age and weight class are correct. We are allowed 3 competitors per age and weight class at the meet. If your age class will change before the meet because of a birthday you need to tell me so we can be sure you can fit into the new class. If you are planning to lift in a different weight class than the one you qualified for make sure you can by checking the spots already assigned for the different weight classes in your age class. Whatever class you competed at in the qualifying meet is what you are qualified for. The spreadsheet also lists whether you are full power or bench only or both.

I would also like to know if you would like CPF/Rescindx t-shirts made up for this meet. These are in addition to the WPC meet t-shirts that you can preorder on the entry form. The CPF Rescindx t-shirts would be branded as a CPF Team Canada shirt and will be available for $10 plus shipping. If you are interested please provide size and number of t-shirts.

Any questions email me.

Thanks

Bruce

Name Age weight Class raw/Eq Full Bench

Renae Witzaney FSM 75 E Y
Camille tremblay F15 75 R Y
Gwen Sheridan F17 56 R Y
Grace Ryba F19 67.5 R Y
Courtney Doucette FJR 67.5 R Y
Alyssa Smith FJR 82.5 R Y
Megan Chipman FJR SHW R Y
Adriane Nickerson FM2 52 R Y
Nancy Bouchard FO 56 R Y
Deja Blagojevic FO 75 R Y
Jodi Spivak FOR 90 R Y
Leah Gitterman FSM 52 R Y
Hilda Siegel FSM 67.5 R Y
Liane Sabourin FSM 90+ R Y
John Marsh M19 56 R y
Wei Seah M19 82.5 R Y
Mike Krause M1R 82.5 R Y
Daniel Lee MJR 67.5 R Y
Danny Yiu MJR 67.5 R Y
Robert Meade MJR 75 R Y
Alfred Chow MJR 82.5 R Y
Guillame Voyer MJR 90 R y
David Snow MJR 90 R Y Y
Stephane Cossette MJR 90 R y
Liam McBirnie MJR 100 R y
Keenan Holingsworth MJR 100 R y
Jordan Williamson MJR 100 R Y
Kevin Lutz MJR 100 R Y
Cameron Harvey MJR 110 R Y
Simon Boudreau MJR 125 R Y
Robert Brownrigg MJR 125 R y
Mike Parsons MJR 140 R Y
Judas Weber MM1 110 R Y
Scott MacDiarmid MM1 110 R Y
Sean Kelly MM2 75 R Y
Tom Hayes MM2 100 R Y
Jim Haskayne MM2 110 R Y **ME**
Tim Pearce MM3 90 R Y
derek Tiller MM3 100 R Y Y
Les Fleiszig MM4 82.5 R y
Mike Milton MM5 82.5 R Y Y
Michael Labovsky MO 67.5 R Y
Alexandre Tremblay MO 75 R y
dain wallis MO 75 r y
Lawson stratford MO 75 R y
Joel Bouliane MO 90 R Y
Jonathan Gilbert MO 90 R y
alex Hoplyakov MO 90 R Y
Jean-Phillipe leblanc MO 100 R y
Caleb Cox MO 100 R Y
Alastair Macnicol MO 100 R Y
Jason Argue MO 110 R Y
Curtis Page MO 110 r y
Tavis Harris MO 140 R Y
Thom Lamb MO 140+ R Y
Clint Harwood MSM 140 R Y
Paul Fury MSM 140 R Y
Keegan sheridan T15 60 R Y

Here is todays training:

Squat
Bar X10
100 X5
165 X3
198 X2
275 X1
320 X1
365 X1
396 X1
Had more in me, but stopped here because I wanted to deadlift. Brian said my form and depth was spot on He should know as he is a certified Judge.

Deadlift
135 X5
205 X3
245 X1
315 X1
350 X1
385 X1
405 X1
430 X0 I had pulled it, but Brian said I did not quite lock it out. My grip was slipping, as they were out of chalk and I forgot my liquid chalk at home.
430 X1 Bingo! This was done without straps and no chalk. O/U grip

GHR's
These were done on a professional Hammer Strength GHR Bench. Brian taught me how to do them properly. (he is also a Certified Personal Trainer with 25 years experience) My stupid calves were spasming.
BW X3
BW X2
BW X2
BW x2
BW x2

I also did some leg press work and supersetted calf raises on the leg press machine. Just some very light work for 10 reps 4 sets and r/p the calf raises.

I will be lifting in the JimGym during the week, doing speedwork as per Brian & Mario. I will not be following any specific routine for now. I will be doing bench on Tuesday and Squats on Wednesday or Thursday. Assistance will be DB Incline Bench on bench day along with dips and rows. On squat day I will be doing some GM's for assistance. Brian said he wants lightning fast work - no grinders!!. He also said I could alternate floor pressing for flat bench week to week.

I will be lifting with the team on weekends. Saturday is Bench Day and Sunday is Squat and/or deadlifts. I think I will for sure squat and alternate deads from week to week, or Brian said I could do some RDL's on days I do not deadlift. I will be doing mainly triples with the team. Brian said I will be basically doing what the team does, since we are all training for the same thing (The World's in November) They sometimes do different things like band work, etc.

So there you have it!!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2012, 05:09 PM   #2122
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn
Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94 Points: 23,645, Level: 94
Activity: 11% Activity: 11% Activity: 11%

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Congrats Jim and good luck on your journey to the World's; I know you say you won't be following a specific routine but you will be following a routine.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:40 PM   #2123
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Sounds like the team have you sorted out. Good work Jim.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #2124
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
Congrats Jim and good luck on your journey to the World's; I know you say you won't be following a specific routine but you will be following a routine.
Thanks so much Babs!! Ya know, your right - a routine is a routine!! I reckon I should have said, I will not be following any "published" routine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Sounds like the team have you sorted out. Good work Jim.

LtL
Thanks Big Al!! Got my feet wet and acquainted with the team and how they work. Indeed, Brian is well on his way to getting me sorted!!

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 07-29-2012, 11:23 PM   #2125
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Great work Jim! I'm happy for you. You have some really cool stuff on the horizon. I live about 4 hours from Vegas. I don't know what the situation will be come November, but there is an outside chance I could make the trip to the meet to cheer you on.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #2126
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Absolutely loved it. It was almost like lifting at a meet. We used the Monolift to squat. I did not have to ask for a spot either. 3 spotters automatically gather, along with several team members looking on ready to critique. On the other Monolift, the really big boys were squatting with so many plates I could not add them up. One member was squatting 7 PPS suited up.
I can't imagine how high your energy and adrenaline levels were.

Quote:
I am literally speechless and of course honored. We already have our bags packed. I sort of feel like an Olympian!
I'm sure it will be an amazing experience.

Quote:
Jim Haskayne MM2 110 R Y **ME**

Any specific plan from now until then, or steady as she goes?

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:55 PM   #2127
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Great work Jim! I'm happy for you. You have some really cool stuff on the horizon. I live about 4 hours from Vegas. I don't know what the situation will be come November, but there is an outside chance I could make the trip to the meet to cheer you on.
Thanks Big J!! Meeting you at the meet would be icing on the cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I can't imagine how high your energy and adrenaline levels were.

I'm sure it will be an amazing experience.

Any specific plan from now until then, or steady as she goes?
Indeed Steve. The best part was i did not feel intimidated or out of place or in over my head.

the meet will be an experience of a lifetime for sure. I cannot wait to see some pretty huge lifters lift. Some family members are considering going along!!

It's pretty much steady as she goes for now. Brian wants me to do speedwork at home during the week, and then do what the team does on the weekends, and then maybe an assistance lift after-wards. He wants me to concentrate on getting stronger and not to do any maxing.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 07-31-2012, 09:00 PM   #2128
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

That's incredible news Jim, we are all so proud of you!

Also it is awesome you love the group you get to work with. Without a doubt I'm sure with them you will become so much stronger!
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:11 PM   #2129
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

BENCH PRESS SPEED DAY

First time ever doing speedwork. Finished it all in 44 minutes. I didn't time rest periods exactly, but all I did in between sets was hang from the pull up bar for 10 secs, quickly write down in the journal, take a sip of Xtend, and then lift again - so at most 45 secs. I have never done a session before in under 45 minutes.I hope I did it right!

Bench Press
135 X5
155 X5

165 X5 reps X8 sets - total of 40 working reps
Vid is from last set

Incline DB Press
20 degree Incline
45 X10

50 X8 reps X5 sets - total of 40 working reps

Pendlay Rows
135 X5

185 X5 reps X 5 sets - total of 25 working reps

Dips
BW X5

+25 lbs X5 reps X 4 sets - total of 20 working reps
BW X5

I will likely start losing some extra flab now, since my after training nausea has returned. I could only eat 3 back ribs and half a potato post w/o. I m not sure if y'all remember but I used to always get nausea when I trained after work. For the last couple of years, while training early in the AM, the nausea went away. Now that I'm training after work again, it's back.

Speed Squats on Thursday! They shall be buried.

Gym PR's:
Age 50

Last edited by BendtheBar; 08-01-2012 at 04:48 PM.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:49 PM   #2130
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Solid work Jimbo. You could try the 10-15 deep breath method for speed work, or something like that.

Time for big(ger) things!

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote