Old 04-21-2012, 11:27 PM   #1861
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Very strong deadlifting Jim!
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #1862
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Hard to tell from the front but I'd still like to see you bury those squats a bit deeper. How about some side view footage? Looking strong all-round though.

LtL
Quote:
Oh and deadlifts looked like you could have done 6

LtL
I would also like to see me bury the squats a bit deeper. Work in progress Al. I know I can do it - just a mental block to get around.

I wanted to pull more, but I have been progressing really fast post injury and, and I do not want to get hurt again by trying to do too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Nice repping on the deads buddy!
Thanks Swede!! Grip is actually holding up well to my surprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
Very strong deadlifting Jim!
Thanks Mike!! I love to deadlift!!
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1310 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2012, 01:45 PM   #1863
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Today I am going to share with all of you my most prized possession. This is a picture of me on my birthday Feb 13th, 1964. It has been lost for 48 years. I found it last week while sorting thru a box in my Mom's house. I was pretty sure it was me as my mom told me the night before she passed away that there was a baby picture of me hidden in the house. She had to hide it from my so called father, who destroyed any photos of me he could find. For those of you who do not know, my "father", and I use that term very loosely, never considered me his son as he accused my mom of having an affair, which led to a bitter breakup which began as I was in the womb. A DNA test in the late 90's proved he was my father, yet he still did not accept me.

My mom confirmed the picture was me in a "dream" I had the next evening. I am quite convinced the dream was actual contact with my Mom's spirit. The day I found my baby photo, on the way to my mom's house, I was stopped at a 4 way stop. it was my turn to go, but for some unexplained reason I did not go. The next thing I know a big truck ran the stop sign, speeding big time. If I would have proceeded just moments before, I would have been t-boned and likely killed. I was also driving my mom's car, which I now own.

Fast forward to the contact with my mom. I asked her if the photo I found was my baby pic, and she said yes. I also told her I was almost in a bad car accident, and she said "I know". This contact started at 6:13 AM, when I first awoke, and ended at 6:18AM, when I awoke again.

Finding the photo in the first place was very emotional, but I couldn't stop crying tears of both sorrow and joy after the contact. I really feel as tho I am now at peace with not only my mom's passing, but my life.

One of the last things I told my mom before leaving the hospital the evening before her death, was that i was going to be lifting in a meet in July. She was so happy and proud. I know she is watching over me

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 04-22-2012, 01:48 PM   #1864
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Cool picture. Looks like you're trying to incline bench.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:30 AM   #1865
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

You do look like you're incline pressing.

Quote:
A DNA test in the late 90's proved he was my father, yet he still did not accept me.
Hate to see people go through this Jim. I went through the wringer with my father too. Even just today I tried to build a bridge with him and take him to breakfast. He forgot. Par for the course. Forward, we move...

Quote:
Fast forward to the contact with my mom. I asked her if the photo I found was my baby pic, and she said yes. I also told her I was almost in a bad car accident, and she said "I know". This contact started at 6:13 AM, when I first awoke, and ended at 6:18AM, when I awoke again.

Finding the photo in the first place was very emotional, but I couldn't stop crying tears of both sorrow and joy after the contact. I really feel as tho I am now at peace with not only my mom's passing, but my life.

One of the last things I told my mom before leaving the hospital the evening before her death, was that i was going to be lifting in a meet in July. She was so happy and proud. I know she is watching over me
Very touching story. Some of the things in life we experience like this can be so hard to share and explain.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:29 PM   #1866
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50

Training Exp: 7
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

First, thanks for sharing the info on the Bench setup. It will help me tweak my own form on that problematic lift.

Second, nice dead lifting! That's an awesome weight for raw pulling.

Third, your personal journey continues, thankfully! I had a similar experience when my sister died. I was almost killed racing to the hospital in the same way you mentioned. I always thought it was her intervention that saved me. It's been quite a year for you buddy, glad you're still hanging around. A lesser man would have packed it in, but not you! Keep up the good work Jim!

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:08 PM   #1867
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Cool picture. Looks like you're trying to incline bench.

LtL
Ha ha - I didn't even pick that up until you mentioned it Big Al. I reckon I am a natural born presser!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
You do look like you're incline pressing.

Hate to see people go through this Jim. I went through the wringer with my father too. Even just today I tried to build a bridge with him and take him to breakfast. He forgot. Par for the course. Forward, we move...

Very touching story. Some of the things in life we experience like this can be so hard to share and explain.
Ya, it sure does look like I should change my user name to Presser!! I am sorry to hear about your father issues as well Steve. However, it is his loss, just like it is my fathers' loss. They are completely oblivious to what they have given up and/or do not care about anyone. My father was as cold as the meat he cut.

I honestly feel I can share anything with everyone here Steve - and so I do. Thanks for listening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Bone View Post
First, thanks for sharing the info on the Bench setup. It will help me tweak my own form on that problematic lift.

Second, nice dead lifting! That's an awesome weight for raw pulling.

Third, your personal journey continues, thankfully! I had a similar experience when my sister died. I was almost killed racing to the hospital in the same way you mentioned. I always thought it was her intervention that saved me. It's been quite a year for you buddy, glad you're still hanging around. A lesser man would have packed it in, but not you! Keep up the good work Jim!
I sure hope it helps you, as it has helped me alot. the deadlifts are moving right along since I got my liquid chalk. The stuff is amazing. I do not have to worry about the bar rolling in my hands. Grip has so far not been an issue.

It sure is nice to hear others here have had similar experiences with loved ones who have passed on. I wasn't worried about people thinking I'm nuts as I know everyone is always supportive. It's important for me to be in a healthy state of mind heading into my meet. I sometimes think it has been more work doing that than the actual lifting.

Thanks for the kind words as well Jim. I am a lifer around the forums. I just wish I had more time to spend here at MAB - I really do. It kinda hurts that I don't have more time.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 04-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #1868
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

BILL STARR POWER ROUTINE WEEK 4 DAY 1 HEAVY DAY

Well, last Friday's session kicked my butt into the Southern Hemisphere. This one kicked it back into the Northern Hemisphere.

Squats are unfortunately feeling much heavier than they should. My bench is going where no Squatters' bench has gone before, and deadlifts are progressing along steadily, but feeling slightly heavier than they should.

I have been progressing the last 3 weeks by leaps and bounds, and I am starting to feel it. On light day, I am going to go pretty light, and SHFW on Saturday's medium day. If all goes well, I will rinse and repeat next week. if not, I will deload next week.

The bench PR really made me the happiest lifter in Canada this morning. I was literally stunned after the lift that it even felt like butter, especially considering I just did a set of 5 at 225, which in itself is only 1 rep off of a PR at that weight. I felt I was much better at staying tight while unracking. I think with a little more practice even better things are to come.

I seem to be struggling with squats somewhat. I really think it is my lower back, even tho it doesn't hurt before, during, or after. It just doesn't feel the same. Before the injury I hit a near PR of 425 to legal depth (PR is 435 to parallel). maybe squatting 3X per week is too much for the lower back. I will re-evaluate this weekend and maybe modify the program to squat just 2X per week. I will see how the light day and/or deload goes.

Squats
185 X5
220 X5
255 X5
290 X5
325 X5

Bench Press
135 X5
155 X5
170 X5
195 X5
225 X5
260 X1 PR
5th rep on 225 set was a grinder, but 260 felt light!!

Deadlifts
185 X5
235 X5
285 X5
325 X5
375 X1
405 X1
Was supposed to do a 5th set of 5, but knew that wasn't going to happen, so I decided to go for a couple of singles. Raw PR is 425, so I am getting close ina sense. If I had done an actual 1 RM attempt, I am sure I would have at least 425

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 04-24-2012, 09:57 PM   #1869
mab54
Max Brawn
Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56 Points: 7,329, Level: 56

Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Supp: Scivation whey
mab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machinemab54 is a lifting machine

Great PR Jim, weight is moving right along!
mab54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:36 AM   #1870
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Jim I think your back is hurting because you are leaning forward on your squats. You seem to hit about parallel and then your upper body continues to go down causing the lean. Watch the position of the barbell relative to your hips. It starts over them and then moves forward. You always want the bar over your hips. If you can stay more upright, your back won't hurt as much.

On a positive note your deadlifts are looking strong and I definitely predict a bench PB soon. Keep pushing hard.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote