BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Great to see you back in the rack brother man!!! It's even better that you are pain free! Looking forward to watching you smash the shit out of this routine!

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2012, 07:40 AM   #1822
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
That would be blasphemy of the Church of Squatterville
That cracked me up. Quote of the day.

Quote:
Since when do I follow any routine exactly how it was written? I am actually hooked on PC's. I cannot and will not quit.
Nothing wrong with that. I think they're both solid choices.

Keep charging hard Squatzilla.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:22 PM   #1823
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab54 View Post
Can never pass up a chance to squat! Really glad your back is healing up.
Thanks Mike. I am ecstatic I am able to get back lifting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Great to see you back in the rack brother man!!! It's even better that you are pain free! Looking forward to watching you smash the shit out of this routine!
Thanks Big J!! It sure is amazing the difference today compared to a couple of weeks ago. I will be SHFW soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That cracked me up. Quote of the day.

Nothing wrong with that. I think they're both solid choices.

Keep charging hard Squatzilla.
Haha - I reckon I would be banned from here to if I passed up an extra set of squats!!. PC's really work me well Steve.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:58 PM   #1824
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

BILL STARR POWER ROUTINE WEEK 1 DAY 3 MEDIUM DAY

Had a blast this morning. Back was good to go before, during, and after. It was somewhat tight upon waking, which had me a tad concerned, but it loosened up nicely before lifting. I even survived an afternoon of mall walking. Standing up for too long used to aggravate it really bad.

Squat
95 X5
115 X5
135 X5
155 X5
205 X3
135 X8
As you can see in the vid, I did a 5 rep Goblet Squat set before each set of squats. I really think this will help me with my form. ( doing them right before that is)

Bench Press
135 X5
155 X5
175 X5
190 X5
200 X3
165 X8
I think I will have to adjust the weight down next week, as it is too much to pause this many reps at these weights. Not really sure if it is best to do that or just carry on with regular benching, thus lifting heavier, or reduce the weight to enable me to get used to pausing and imagining the judge saying "Press".

Deadlifts
All were DOH Grip
135 X5
155 X5
175 X5
195 X5
225 X3

Weighted Dips
BW (215) +25 X5
BW (215) +25 X5
BW (215) +25 X5

Chins
BW X3
BW x3
BW X3

CGBP
135 X8
135 X8
135 X8

Did the routine pretty much exactly as written for today. No changes were required. I got to choose which 2 exercises I did for bi's and tri's, so I chose Chins & CGBP.

The progression scheme now is to lift for 5 reps for my top set what I lifted for triples today. I feel I picked my weights very wisely this week, which is evident as my back is feeling just great.

It's funny how bad my ab & oblique DOMS were since Wednesday's session. Doing sit-ups on my GHR bench and PC's really hit the core well.

Last, but not least, I am just so damn thrilled with my deadlifting. I feel my form is much improved, in the sense I am getting maximum leverage right off the first rep. I used to have a big issue here. My body would auto correct on subsequent reps. That is good, but will not do much for me at the meet. I simply had to step a bit closer to the bar.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 04-06-2012, 09:09 PM   #1825
jmoore87
Brawn
Points: 268, Level: 5 Points: 268, Level: 5 Points: 268, Level: 5
Activity: 20% Activity: 20% Activity: 20%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Chocolate Milk
jmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good postsjmoore87 has made some good posts

Digging the close stance squat!
Deadlift 551, 540

Offseason mode to heal up!

http://muscleandbrawn.com/forums/tra...fting-log.html
jmoore87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #1826
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Yes, pain free the best two words ever written! Great stuff, Jim! I'm really glad to hear you're feeling good. That's most important.

FWIW, I added in some paused bench about 5 weeks out from my event. I did my normal TnG work sets (or maybe one single less), then hit a single paused rep afterward. If I hit it, I'd add 5 pounds the next week, etc. Then two weeks out I started hitting like 2-3 paused singles after working up to a couple max singles TnG. So, I'm thinking there's no need for you to be pausing every rep right now. Bench normal. Just throw some paused bench singles in there afterward until you get closer to the meet, then focus in on imagining commands, etc.

The commands at the meet will be easier to follow than you think, too. You'll be watching people before you, people will help you and remind you, etc. I was worried more about bench than anything else and probably prepared the least for the commands, but I didn't have a problem at all. You won't either.

Nice to see you dancing and kicking your barbell again, buddy! Music......eh, could use some work there.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:35 AM   #1827
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
I even survived an afternoon of mall walking. Standing up for too long used to aggravate it really bad.
That's hardest on my back. It was hard at my first meet to stand all day as well.

Quote:
Last, but not least, I am just so damn thrilled with my deadlifting. I feel my form is much improved, in the sense I am getting maximum leverage right off the first rep. I used to have a big issue here.
All good big Jim.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #1828
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmoore87 View Post
Digging the close stance squat!
Thanks J. It seems to be the stance I am most comfortable with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Yes, pain free the best two words ever written! Great stuff, Jim! I'm really glad to hear you're feeling good. That's most important.

FWIW, I added in some paused bench about 5 weeks out from my event. I did my normal TnG work sets (or maybe one single less), then hit a single paused rep afterward. If I hit it, I'd add 5 pounds the next week, etc. Then two weeks out I started hitting like 2-3 paused singles after working up to a couple max singles TnG. So, I'm thinking there's no need for you to be pausing every rep right now. Bench normal. Just throw some paused bench singles in there afterward until you get closer to the meet, then focus in on imagining commands, etc.

The commands at the meet will be easier to follow than you think, too. You'll be watching people before you, people will help you and remind you, etc. I was worried more about bench than anything else and probably prepared the least for the commands, but I didn't have a problem at all. You won't either.

Nice to see you dancing and kicking your barbell again, buddy! Music......eh, could use some work there.
OK Mike. I will foloow your advice to the T. It seems to be the best way to go. Just one ? - what does TnG mean?

Had to laugh about the music. Nobody seemed to like what I was playing before, so I thought I would go with a hard/metal/screamo playlist to lift with. I actually feel more aggressive with this tunage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
That's hardest on my back. It was hard at my first meet to stand all day as well.

All good big Jim.
I really hope I don't have to stand around much Steve!! Too much time to think and thus over think is not good.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 04-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #1829
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

BILL STARR POWER ROUTINE WEEK 2 DAY 1

Squat
135 X5
155 X5
185 X5
205 X5
225 X5

Bench Press
120 X5
140 X5
160 X5
180 X5
195 X4

Deadlifts
165 X5
185 X5
205 X5
225 X5
245 X5

I was supposed to do weighted hyper-extensions and weighted GHR sit-ups, but I ran out of time due to having to spend half my session on the toilet. I somehow was glutenized yesterday at my wife's family lunch. I the only thing I can think of is someone buttered the veggies with butter that had toast crumbs in it. Like I have said before, my biggest problem with eating anywhere where I do not have 100% control of the food prep, is cross contamination. It is pretty much at the point now where I have to start bringing my own food. people just don't realize or pay enough attention to what they are doing. I really felt like sh!t during the session and all day. Gluten is literally poison to me.

Really pleased with all my lifts this AM. Benching is once again my toughest lift. I should have had the 5 reps as I did 200 X5 last Monday and 200 X3 last Friday. I may have to adjust the weights down slightly. I will see how the rest of the week pans out first tho.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 04-09-2012, 08:09 PM   #1830
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

Give me a chance to catch up on your log Jimbro, but from what I see, you're still gettin' 'er done!

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote