BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Get well soon Squatter. Not trying to down play it, but it sounds like it could have been worse and that you will heal up and be lifting again soon. Hang in there buddy.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #1532
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

That is scary stuff Jim. Hope things are on the up swing today.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 04:37 PM   #1533
MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Goodness! That sounds horrifying! I'm glad it seems to be working out well. I wish you the best!
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 10:11 PM   #1534
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and best wishes - it really means alot to me and made me smile on an otherwise cruddy day.

Don't have too much time to spend on computer, as I can't really see the text and I am not supposed to be on it, but I wanted to tell you that I am really scared. My vision is pretty bad in both eyes, with the right one being the worst due to the floaters. For example, I let the dog out into the backyard and could only see the outline of the houses across the street. My sight is just as poor close up. I can read this letter, but barely.

In addition, 2 surgeons will be seeing me on Friday. I know the inflammation is severe. They initially thought it was caused by Diabetes, of which I am pretty sure I don't have. Once they determine the cause, I will know the course of treatment which is, as I was told, either surgery or injections.. I hope I am over reacting since I have too much time to think since I can't do anything, but I am really worried and scared.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #1535
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Holy crap mate, that sounds awful. Just know you have the best wishes of all of MaB behind you and take care buddy.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #1536
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Take care man, our thoughts are with you. Stay strong and pull through.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:24 PM   #1537
T-Bone
The Beardo Weirdo
Max Brawn
Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50 Points: 6,038, Level: 50
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 7
Fav Exercise: Squat
T-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machineT-Bone is a lifting machine

Wow Jim, sorry to hear what you've been through. Time is indeed a devil in times like these. Hang in there. Sounds like you are in good hands, all my hopes for a positive prognosis and speedy recovery.

"There's nothing wrong with being a large mammal." - Val Kilmer as Jim Morrison - The Doors (1991)

Sergey Krastio Trelawny
T-Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:10 PM   #1538
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100

BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

We'll all be thinking about you Jim. Keep us updated when you can.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #1539
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Thanks everyone - all the well wishes, support, and encouragement really means the world to me. This week, I have developed a severe sensitivity to light. I can't go outside even with sunglasses. Everything outside is cloudy. When I took my dog outside last Tuesday, I could just see her black eyes and nose even tho she was just 8 feet in front of me. I cannot see the houses across the street at all now. I can watch TV, but only for short periods of time. Other than that, I can't do anything. I am bored to death.

The surgeons gave me 2 kinds of eye drops to instill until I see them tomorrow. I am worried as I don't know the course of treatment until they find out the cause of the inflammation in both eyes. I do know it's bad, as they originally thought Diabetes was doing the damage. We are hoping it's just gonna be a quick treatment, maybe some new glasses, and I'll be on my way. But, then I ask myself, why would 2 surgeon's be treating me if this was something simple to fix? I dunno, just crossing my fingers. One other thing that plays in my mind, is that my Grandma went blind in her 50's due to severe eye inflammation. Not sure if my issue is hereditary or not.

I have been able to spend some quality time with my daughter this week, as she is still off for Xmas break. It's really only the positive thing this week. Just wish we could go out and do some activity outside.

All I know is that I am dying to go into the JimGym and SFW. I really do feel some withdrawal from not lifting.

Once again, thanks so much everyone. All this really brings tears to my eyes, which maybe it's a good thing to keep them moist.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:19 PM   #1540
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Quote:
But, then I ask myself, why would 2 surgeon's be treating me if this was something simple to fix? I dunno, just crossing my fingers.
We're crossing them with you Jim.

I would get bored too without some TV to watch. Good time to listen to all the lifter seminars on Youtube I guess, if you can stand sitting for hours that is.

Anyway, keep us updated and get better.