Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
You need to look down at your feet as you set-up on your walk out. I'm not sure why you're still stepping back Tuscherer-style uber carefully. It's almost like you're worried about the weight. 245 is LIGHT WEIGHT for you. I think you're giving it too much respect. Don't get me wrong I'm all for perfecting an economical walk out and set-up because when you're up at the heavy loads, it makes a big difference but at this time when you're dealing with low weights and working on your set-up, you can be a bit more fluid and move your feet a bit more.

WRT your dead's. What would you tell someone else who had chosen a routine but wanted to change the set and rep' scheme? Personally I have never been a fan of multiple sets at the same weight. I would rather ramp up to a max effort set and then back off for a bit more volume but that's not how this routine is set-up.

Nice weightloss Jim. Keep pushing hard.

LtL
Yes, I agree I need to look down after walk out to make sure my feet and stance are OK, so I will get that doen next time Al.

It's not that I am afraid of the weight, although 245 is not light weight, at least for me, on a front squat. My main concern is my grip, as I have to be careful the bar doesn't roll and to keep my elbows up and pointed in, due to my tremors. It's like lifting in an Earthquake Al Thus, I tend to divert all my enrgy and focus on that area, and hope everything is OK with lower body positioning and movement.

If this is a big enough problem, I may have to stop doing fronts. Maybe start doing Zercher's or perhaps just back squats. The tremors are always worse when I am weakened, as in this case after doing heavy deads.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2011, 09:21 AM   #1082
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

It was more the way that you were moving your feet as you do the same thing on your back squats. You take one step, stop, then another. If that's because of your tremors fair enough but you need to look down at your feet after your two big steps and maybe take a couple of little adjusting steps. I don't think you need to stop doing fronts at all.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:34 AM   #1083
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

I don't understand Al On the 245 set, I only took one step back per foot. My heels rose a bit, but I think I was just adjusting the weight distribution.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 09-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #1084
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

So you're treading in two big steps and your feet aren't angled correctly at the end of it. This could be because you don't know what angle you need them at but it could also be because after you take your two steps, you don't look down to check your feet and make any necessary adjustments.

LtL
Old 09-29-2011, 01:59 PM   #1085
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
MOB POWERBUILDING CYCLE 4 DAY 1

Deadlift
415 X3 + 10 lbs
415 X3
415 X3
415 X3
415 x3 See Vid

Front Squats
245 X5 PR +5 lbs See Vid
245 X5
245 X4

Cardio
Jimtervals PR
Level 2
23:15 Mins

After yesterdays benching session, I wasn't sure what to expect. If deads felt too heavy, I was going to immediately go into a deload for cycle 4. As it turned out, I do not need a deload yet. If deads and squats go well, I know I am good to go and vice versa.

The deads felt great, and I left the session feeling I could have lifted even more, which really made me feel good. Deading every 12 days has turned into a big win for me.

Squatter415X3Deadlift - YouTube

Squatter245X5FrontSquat - YouTube
Awesome session. Can you slow down on the PBs so I can try to catch up? J/k. Congrats on your new PBs. The deadlifts looked really good. You are smashing some weight there. To be honest though, I thought the front squats were equally if not more impressive. Front squats aren't easy and you are moving some good weight!!!!

I've read articles and books where people advocate deadlifting at longer intervals, like every 2 weeksish. Interesting to hear that it seems to be working well for yourself. This is something, based on your results, that I may consider using in the future.
Great Session!!!

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #1086
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I can't look down on fronts, but on backs I always check my feet. Even the slightest off angle for one can cause me to have issues.

That's my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:37 PM   #1087
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
So you're treading in two big steps and your feet aren't angled correctly at the end of it. This could be because you don't know what angle you need them at but it could also be because after you take your two steps, you don't look down to check your feet and make any necessary adjustments.

LtL
Ok Big Al - I will take a peek next time and make sure stance is wide enough, my toes aren't pointed out quite as much. My knees should track properly naturally. I reckon I will vid from the front again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJosh View Post
Awesome session. Can you slow down on the PBs so I can try to catch up? J/k. Congrats on your new PBs. The deadlifts looked really good. You are smashing some weight there. To be honest though, I thought the front squats were equally if not more impressive. Front squats aren't easy and you are moving some good weight!!!!

I've read articles and books where people advocate deadlifting at longer intervals, like every 2 weeksish. Interesting to hear that it seems to be working well for yourself. This is something, based on your results, that I may consider using in the future.
Great Session!!!
Thanks Big J!! I reckon the PB's will slow down a bit on there own, especially now that the oly lifts are getting heavier and heavier.

The fronts are hard on my wrists, as they are slow to adjust, but they will eventually. When I first started fronts last year, 95 lbs made my wrists scream. It is also a challenge olding the bar in place because of the tremors.

I have also read articles about deading once every 2 weekish. Big Al has also commented before lifting heavy deads every 2 weeks or so is a good idea. I have to agree, and I also like squatting more often on this routine (every 4 days) That should help improve overall strength.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I can't look down on fronts, but on backs I always check my feet. Even the slightest off angle for one can cause me to have issues.

That's my 2 cents and I'm sticking to it.
I can see my toes because they are so long!! I have been checking my back squats every session.

I like your money

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 09-29-2011, 08:31 PM   #1088
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

MOB POWERBUILDING CYCLE 4 DAY 2

I took a day off from lifting, after deads and squats, and it really paid off. Normally, I would have done this session the next day.

Seated BB Press
145 X6 PR +10 lbs See Vid
145 X6
145 X5
145 X5

High Pulls
170 X6 PR +5 lbs See Vid
170 X6
170 X6
155 X6

Face Pulls
85 X8 PR +5 lbs
85 X8
85 X8

Standing BB Curls
75 X10 + 5lbs
75 X10
75 X10
Still taking it relatively easy on curls as my forearm is rehabbing.

Cardio
Jimtervals
5K (3.1 Miles)
23:17

High Pulls are really hitting my upper back hard. I had IOMS all day I really couldn't be happier about this morning's session. I am for sure be going to take a day off after squats and/or deads from now on. Hopefully me bench will start improving as well.

Gym PR's:
Age 50
Old 09-30-2011, 06:43 AM   #1089
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Nice session Jim.

LtL
Old 09-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #1090
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn

Quote:
Nice session Jim.

LtL
Thanks Big Al It's nice to be still progressing on shoulders

Gym PR's: