Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 06-01-2011, 02:51 AM   #901
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Keep pumping hombre, they will come. What's your current arm size, and do you know how your guns have changed this past year?
When I got married in September they were around 15". Last time I measured around a month ago they were around 15.8-15.9". I need to measure again really to see if it's working but my big problem is that when I strict curl like last night, I get more forearm pump than bicep pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Oh, I see Does rowing cause the problem as well?
No Jim. Rowing is fine.

LtL
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2011, 06:32 AM   #902
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Lookin really good on the DE bench stuff there Al. My recommendation is that if something causes you pain in a bad way, don't do it. If strict curls bother the forearms at the bottom, then cheat curl the sheeyot out of them You'll move more weight, activate more muscle fibers, and NOT put undue stress on that forearm
Valentin Konstantin Platz
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 AM   #903
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks Ken. I also seemed to have funked up my right lat'/shoulder tie-in area. Strange tightness since last night. Been rolling it with the hockey ball at work and gonna get some ibuprofen at lunch. Will still train tonight but may not be squatting if it irritates it...

LtL
Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 AM   #904
J_Byrd
Max Brawn
Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91 Points: 21,229, Level: 91
Activity: 28% Activity: 28% Activity: 28%

Training Exp: 15
Fav Exercise: Squat
J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!J_Byrd is one with Crom!

To avoid that pump in the forearm, let the bar hang loose at the bottom in the hands. Meaning dont squeeze the bar tight at the bottom, that will help prevent that.

Proudly sponsored by

http://muscleandbrawn.com

http://bigworkoutplan.com/

http://www.andersonpowerlifting.com/Default.asp

"This is about strength, not getting a 10.0 form score from the Russian judge" Steve Shaw
J_Byrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:41 AM   #905
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
When I got married in September they were around 15". Last time I measured around a month ago they were around 15.8-15.9". I need to measure again really to see if it's working but my big problem is that when I strict curl like last night, I get more forearm pump than bicep pump
Just remember that a pump in one area doesn't mean lack of effectiveness in another. I get back pumps on squats. I still get forearm pumps on curls....especially heavy curls. Don't be afraid to drop the weight and do some rest-pause work. Or do some different exercises, like EZ bar or concentration curls.

I never get bicep pumps, for what it's worth...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 08:13 AM   #906
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
To avoid that pump in the forearm, let the bar hang loose at the bottom in the hands. Meaning dont squeeze the bar tight at the bottom, that will help prevent that.
Thanks J. I'll give that a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Just remember that a pump in one area doesn't mean lack of effectiveness in another. I get back pumps on squats. I still get forearm pumps on curls....especially heavy curls. Don't be afraid to drop the weight and do some rest-pause work. Or do some different exercises, like EZ bar or concentration curls.

I never get bicep pumps, for what it's worth...
Thanks Steve that makes sense. I should know better than to chase the pump

Shoulder still feels a bit funky. Not torn or even badly painful, just occasionally tight in weird positions. Taken some ibu' and will take some more pre training. Also gonna continue rolling with the hockey ball this afternoon much to the amusement of my work colleagues.

LtL
Old 06-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #907
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn
Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68 Points: 10,643, Level: 68
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Hockey ball? You mean field hockey? You silly Brits!

Hope you can get the knots out of there Al. I foam rolled last night and think its time for PVC. The foam seems too soft.
Old 06-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #908
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

We don't really play much ice hockey over here so field hockey is just plain old hockey. I am NOT rolling on a puck

LtL
Old 06-01-2011, 02:42 PM   #909
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

DYNAMIC SQUAT/DL

Leg Press to get blood flowing
125kg's x 10

Squats
Bar x lots
Add high box
60kg's x 8
Parallel box
100kg's x 2
120kg's for 4 sets of 2
130kg's for 2 sets of 2
140kg's for 2 sets of 2
150kg's for 2 sets of 2

GHR's
2 sets of BW x 10

ABZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
Crunches on bench going below parallel superset with plate side bends
10kg's plate on chest x 10 ss 20kg's x 10 per side
15kg's plate on chest x 10 ss 20kg's x 10 per side
15kg's plate behind head x 5, on chest x 5 ss 20kg's x 10 per side

So my shoulder has been bothering me all day: really tight from those lat' pulldowns. Was unsure as to whether I was going to squat. Warmed up and it felt OK so I decided to go ahead as planned to the box but without the band tension. Ended up going quite heavy but speed was good so I was happy.

Rest of the session was just getting blood flowing after brutalising my posterior chain on Monday. Good session. Shoulder is a little tight now but nothing bad.

LtL
Old 06-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #910
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Solid box work Al, and good to get some corework done too.

Heal up that shoulder!!