Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 10-17-2012, 01:34 PM   #5761
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks guys. Early night tonight. Hoping to catch up some.

Al
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2012, 04:28 PM   #5762
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

DYNAMIC EFFORT SQUAT/DL

Speed squats week 3 of 3
16" box and double choked green bands adding 40kgs at the top
Bar for 3 sets
Add bands
Bar for 2 sets
60kgs for 2 sets
Add suit straps down and belt
100kgs for 2 sets of 2
135kgs for 2 sets of 2
Working sets
170kgs for 6 sets of 2

Speed pulls week 3 of 3
All done against doubled super minis adding ~40kgs at the top
60kgs x 3
100kgs x 3
140kgs for 3 singles
Workings sets
170kgs for 3 singles straps down
170kgs for 3 singles straps up

Cable crunches for a load of reps

FIN

Managed 8 hours sleep last night and it definitely helped tonight. Volume was low but weights were heavier. Would normally work up on squats but will be squatting with Faz on Sunday so I saved myself. Although the weights were heavy (both around 210kgs at the top) everything moved fast. Forgot to tuck my chin at the top of my pulls which made my arms have to come higher and catch the legs of my suit at lockout. An easy fix moving forward and pleased with how everything went.

Now it's time to rest (fingers crossed Mini Al lets us sleep again!!!) and get ready to SFW with my brother from another Mother on Sunday. Beyond excited

Will upload what little video I have tomorrow morning.

Al
Old 10-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #5763
Jen
Max Brawn
Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44 Points: 4,825, Level: 44
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: Started 3/23/12
Fav Exercise: Deadlift :)
Fav Supp: Coffee
Jen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master memberJen is a master member

The volume of work you do will never cease to amaze me. Leading by example, LtL.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:17 AM   #5764
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Hope you got some sleep. Have a good beat down this weekend.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #5765
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

MAB MEET-UP WITH FAZC

Mini Al knew I had a big training day lined up so slept all night in her own cot to let me rest up. The drive up was fine. A bit foggy but even with a burger (no bun) and coffee stop, it only took three hours. Said a quick hello to Faz and his Mum, had a cup of coffee and a sit down (commercial gyms should definitely sell tea and coffee), a tour of the gym which is a lot smaller than it looks on the videos and we got straight into some lifting:

Reverse band bench press
Green bands taking off ~40kgs at the chest
Bar x a few to loosen up after the drive along with some stretching and deep heat
60kgs for 3 sets of 5
Add bands
105kgskgs x 2
125kgskgs x 1
145kgs x 1
165kgs x 1
Add shirt
185kgs x 1
Jack shirt and add belt
195kgs x 1
Jack shirt more
200kgs x 1
Jack the shirt enough to give me a Wonderbra-esque man cleavage
202.5kgs x 1 AWESOME

Left it there as it equals my PB on that exercise from when I was around 10kgs heavier although that was in the slingshot and a lot uglier.

Squats
Bar for a few sets
60kgs x 2 sets
100kgs x 2 sets
Add suit straps down and belt
140kgs x 2
160kgs x 1
Straps up (not that it makes much difference as the damned suit is so loose on my upper body )
180kgs x 1
Add knee wraps
200kgs x 1
210kgs x 1
Add heavier wraps
220kgs x 1
230kgs x 1

Faz called my depth on all sets and we reckon they were all in which is a relief. More reassuring for me was that the 230kgs set felt the best of all as I had grooved my depth and wasn't having to fight the gear to get down. Thanks Coach Faz

Training took around 3 hours and was followed by Mother Faz's awesome Pakistani cooking. I had double helpings and probably could have gone again. Perfect food. After a good round (dining) table discussion with Faz about all things IF, Backloading, squatting and life related, it was time to head home. Now settled on the sofa, about to eat chicken pie and cake.

Massive thanks to Faz for his coaching and hospitality. Looking forward to making this a regular thing and seeing today's footage. Hopefully edited down to take out all of us BSing

Oh and I'm in love with Faz's Texas Power Bar.

Al
Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 PM   #5766
RobMoriRB
Max Brawn
Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Training Exp: 3
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

solid Mab meet up and alot of work was done
Dead Lift: 501

GYM PR
Squat: 405
Bench: 285
Dead Lift: 475

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/
RobMoriRB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:58 PM   #5767
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Darn good to see you hitting depth. A good step forward. Looking forward to the videos.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 09:29 PM   #5768
Squatter
Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

What does Jacking the shirt mean? I sometimes see guys having someone pull on the shirts just before they bench. Is that it?

Wow - a 445 lb bench and a 500+ lb squat. One of the guys asked me today if I was going to stay raw or not. I said I have a couple of goals to reach first, like a 3 PPS bench and a 5PPs deadlift, and then I would consider gear. I know its a big adjustment to make based on what I have seen here, but man the rush to move this kind of weight must make it all worth it.

I always seem to follow in your footsteps anyway, so I am sure I will end up in gear in 2013.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:31 AM   #5769
ravimolasaria
Max Brawn
Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98 Points: 27,548, Level: 98
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%

Training Exp: 10
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Whatever makes me strong
ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!ravimolasaria is one with Crom!

Insane intensity ... Very very strong bench followed by equally strong Squats ... rare to be seen ... great lifting LtL ... keep smashing the wts ...
Old 10-22-2012, 03:18 AM   #5770
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobMoriRB View Post
solid Mab meet up and alot of work was done
Thanks buddy. I'm feeling it today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Darn good to see you hitting depth. A good step forward. Looking forward to the videos.
Thanks Steve. It was a relief to finally get down there for sure. Also good news on how easy the squats were after being that low. Onwards and upwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
What does Jacking the shirt mean? I sometimes see guys having someone pull on the shirts just before they bench. Is that it?

Wow - a 445 lb bench and a 500+ lb squat. One of the guys asked me today if I was going to stay raw or not. I said I have a couple of goals to reach first, like a 3 PPS bench and a 5PPs deadlift, and then I would consider gear. I know its a big adjustment to make based on what I have seen here, but man the rush to move this kind of weight must make it all worth it.

I always seem to follow in your footsteps anyway, so I am sure I will end up in gear in 2013.
Jacking the shirt means pulling it down lower to get more of the chest plate stretching under the bar (if that makes sense). You can also twist the sleeves to tighten it up which I haven't tried yet.

Gear is a real challenge but training with a crew who know what they're doing, you're already halfway to overcoming that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
Insane intensity ... Very very strong bench followed by equally strong Squats ... rare to be seen ... great lifting LtL ... keep smashing the wts ...
Thanks. I really wanted to get some Faz-wisdom on both lifts so it had to be done. Really excited for the meet now

Al