Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-26-2011, 02:28 PM   #531
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripped64 View Post
Great squatting LtL, and those farmers walks look fuarked!!
Thanks Rob.

I'm off work all of this week and have spent the day with my Dad doing the following in preparation for the arrival of Mini LtL at the end of June:

- Prepared and painted outside walls at the back of the house. Two coats. Final coat to be done tomorrow morning.
- Planned and ordered wood for massive shelving project in the Lounge for Mrs LtL and to store the plethora of Mini LtL accessories we already have.
- Hung 2/3 of the wallpaper on the feature wall in Mini LtL's nursery.
- Been to DIY store to buy all of supplies and a few extras.
- Used the "few extras" to make two "ghetto foam rollers".
- Took photo's for a how-to article on how to make the above which I will email to Steve by the end of the week
- Arranged for pick up of the furniture we sold on eBay to make room for Mini LtL.

Now about to hit up some BIG Italian dinner courtesy of Mrs LtL and will then crash for the evening. Will hopefully have time to catch up on everyone's logs later in the week but probably not anytime soon as tomorrow will be more of the same. Hope everyone is well. See you on the other side.

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2011, 03:04 PM   #532
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
187.5kg's x 1 Most weight I've ever squatted so PB
200kg's x 1 Bigger PB
Beastly weight moved Al!! Great lifting, I need to get me some bands end of this month =)

Great work done outside the gym too!
Old 04-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #533
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Thanks Rob.

I'm off work all of this week and have spent the day with my Dad doing the following in preparation for the arrival of Mini LtL at the end of June:

- Prepared and painted outside walls at the back of the house. Two coats. Final coat to be done tomorrow morning.
- Planned and ordered wood for massive shelving project in the Lounge for Mrs LtL and to store the plethora of Mini LtL accessories we already have.
- Took photo's for a how-to article on how to make the above which I will email to Steve by the end of the week
- Arranged for pick up of the furniture we sold on eBay to make room for Mini LtL.

Now about to hit up some BIG Italian dinner courtesy of Mrs LtL and will then crash for the evening. Will hopefully have time to catch up on everyone's logs later in the week but probably not anytime soon as tomorrow will be more of the same. Hope everyone is well. See you on the other side.

LtL
sounds like a fun filled day buddy and more of the same tomorrow... Its never ending mate when you have kids

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:33 PM   #534
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

The wallpaper would have been enough for one day for me.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 03:29 PM   #535
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Beastly weight moved Al!! Great lifting, I need to get me some bands end of this month =)

Great work done outside the gym too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
sounds like a fun filled day buddy and more of the same tomorrow... Its never ending mate when you have kids

Carl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
The wallpaper would have been enough for one day for me.
Thanks guys. Today's work was even harder. Starting at 9am, finished at 7:30pm with only 20minutes at lunch to eat my drive through McD's. I'm beat. Hoping to get everything finished off tomorrow so my Dad can go home and I can get some training done on Friday. It's meant to be deload week but my Dad brought me the 2 and 3 boards that he built me so if my back's up to it (rolling on homemade ghetto roller should help), I will be doing some lockout with my new toys Then some deload squat/dl work on Sunday.

LtL
Old 04-27-2011, 03:32 PM   #536
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post

Damn, Al. I thought you were taking a HOLIDAY.
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:49 AM   #537
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

TODAY'S SESSION

HOW I FAILED AT DELOAD OR HOW I CELEBRATED THE ROYAL WEDDING

So after a 4 week training block and 3 days of solid DIY I was supposed to take it easy today. My back was very tight and even though I managed to release the BIG knot with a golf ball and some rolling yesterday, it was still a bit tender. Problem was I also had my new bench boards and hadn't lifted for 4 days so here's how I (didn't) deload:

Bench Press
Bar x lots
Stretching
60kg's x 8
80kg's x 5
100kg's x 3
120kg's x 1
Add 3 board
100kg's x 3
120kg's x 3
130kg's x 3
140kg's x 3
150kg's x 1 and a second assisted rep'

Back really started cramping here so I called it a day and got some blood pumping with:

Underhand plate loaded pulldown
1pps x 15
1.5pps x 12
1.5pps x 15

Plate loaded chest supported row
1pps x 15
1.25pps for 2 sets of 15

GUNS superset
EZ Cable Curls ss V Bar pushdowns
7p x 10 ss 8p x 15
7p x 10 ss 8p x 15
7p x 15 ss 8p x 12

NOt a bad session. It was hard to get any leg drive on the bench as my back was sore and I was a little disappointed that I couldn't go heavier but looking back now, I'm pretty impressed that I tripled 140kg's and that I hit 150 with a pause. If I had gone touch and go with the 150 I might even have got the double. I will be learning how to best use the boards over the coming weeks:

- Touch and go vs Paused
- Rep ranges
- Progression

As all of the above are different for me lifting RAW than most of the guys I see using boards who are equipped. At the very least though it will allow me to use heavy weights and get used to handling them and controlling them.

I now plan on doing as little as possible for the rest of the day to recover some. I am sore, tired and DIY'd out. It's time to eat

I will try to catch up on everyone's logs soon. Please bear with me.

LtL
Old 04-29-2011, 07:58 AM   #538
Abaddon
Strongman & Trainer
Max Brawn
Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61 Points: 8,358, Level: 61
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 5 years total
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Log Clean Press
Fav Supp: Meat & Milk
Abaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality postsAbaddon has made some quality posts

Damn Al, slow down man!

W.A. AMATEUR STRONGMAN

MY LOG

PERSONAL RECORDS
Axle clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Bench press: 135 kgs (298 lbs) - 1st PL meet 16th October 2011
Deadlift w/Barbell: 180 kgs (397 lbs)
Deadlift w/Hexbar: 225 kgs (496 lbs)
Farmers walk: 240 kgs (530 lbs), 50 feet
Front squat: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Log clean-press: 100 kgs (220 lbs)
Strict OHP: 85 kgs (187 lbs) 3 reps
Tyre flip: 260 kgs (573 lbs), 100 feet
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:04 AM   #539
Spartigus
Max Brawn
Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40 Points: 3,966, Level: 40
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: 4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Squat & Quick Lifts
Fav Supp: Milk
Spartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributorSpartigus is a dedicated contributor

Thats an impressive session!!!

I am looking forward to seeing how you use the boards!

"When in doubt, just get really, really strong. It tends to cure most problems in training and life." - Wendler
Spartigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:18 AM   #540
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Al, I suppose if you can pick ONE area to "epic fail" at it WOULD be deloading

Smoked those board presses! Enjoy your rest of the day off
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote