Muscle and Brawn Forums

Go Back   Muscle and Brawn Forums > Training > Training Logs

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 04-25-2011, 08:08 AM   #521
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Nice work LTL. The negative seemed to go pretty easy for you which is a sign to me that you have some quality mileage left in the squat tank this year.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2011, 08:25 AM   #522
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn
Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46 Points: 5,197, Level: 46
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Tournaments Won: 1

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Holy crap Al, that's a HUGE PB there, and the Farmers Walk looks like a mixture between fun and agony. Keep it up!
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:39 AM   #523
Carl1174
Max Brawn
Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77 Points: 14,417, Level: 77
Activity: 43% Activity: 43% Activity: 43%

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Sterling effort there buddy. Those FW's must have been brutal, i dont think i would manage to unrack the 60's tbh lol Thet alon walk arounsd the car park with them.

Nice way to batter yourself before a week off mate. Are you having complete rest this week or you gonna do a bit of active recovery or some speed days ?

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 08:49 AM   #524
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Nice work LTL. The negative seemed to go pretty easy for you which is a sign to me that you have some quality mileage left in the squat tank this year.
Thanks buddy. The hardest part of the 200 squat was unracking it and getting the bar to settle.

I'm thinking I could squat around 200 without the bands right now so by the time I compete at Nationals next year I'm looking at 230-240. Thanks for the encouragement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurik View Post
Holy crap Al, that's a HUGE PB there, and the Farmers Walk looks like a mixture between fun and agony. Keep it up!
Thanks Ken. Had a great session today but ALREADY sore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Sterling effort there buddy. Those FW's must have been brutal, i dont think i would manage to unrack the 60's tbh lol Thet alon walk arounsd the car park with them.

Nice way to batter yourself before a week off mate. Are you having complete rest this week or you gonna do a bit of active recovery or some speed days ?

Carl.
Thanks Carl. I'll be doing my speed days this week and that's it. Probably Thursday and Saturday. I'll also reduce assistance volume on those days as well and do nothing heavy. Need to get let my back recover as it was tight before the squats so goodness knows what it'll be like tomorrow

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 09:24 AM   #525
jesseisrael
Pursuing Power!
Max Brawn
Points: 1,791, Level: 24 Points: 1,791, Level: 24 Points: 1,791, Level: 24
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 30 years
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: food
jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!jesseisrael is one with Crom!

Kicking Ass Al!
jesseisrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 01:51 PM   #526
jp_ottawa
Max Brawn
Points: 3,380, Level: 36 Points: 3,380, Level: 36 Points: 3,380, Level: 36
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Exp: 1 year
Fav Exercise: bench press
jp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributorjp_ottawa is a dedicated contributor

Some solid work in here, bro. Reverse band squat is a good confidence booster, especially judging from the video, the bands are completely loose at the top of the lift. good work, keep it up.
jp_ottawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 03:15 PM   #527
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesseisrael View Post
Kicking Ass Al!
Thanks Jesse. Moving up a weightclass was a great idea. Thanks for the push that I needed, it's pushed my strength way up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp_ottawa View Post
Some solid work in here, bro. Reverse band squat is a good confidence booster, especially judging from the video, the bands are completely loose at the top of the lift. good work, keep it up.
Yeah the bands didn't take very much at all which is what I wanted. As I only lift RAW, I don't wanna take too much off at the bottom as that's where most RAW lifts are won or lost.

LtL
Old 04-25-2011, 04:17 PM   #528
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Thanks buddy. The hardest part of the 200 squat was unracking it and getting the bar to settle.

LtL

I was wondering how the stability felt with the bands attached. It's hard enough to unrack that weight without added forces pulling or tugging...

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 04:30 PM   #529
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I was wondering how the stability felt with the bands attached. It's hard enough to unrack that weight without added forces pulling or tugging...
The bands were completely loose at the top as they're long ones. Didn't seem to affect at all. It's just the amount of plates that made the balance hard.

LtL
Old 04-25-2011, 08:39 PM   #530
Ripped64
Brawn
Points: 683, Level: 13 Points: 683, Level: 13 Points: 683, Level: 13
Activity: 8% Activity: 8% Activity: 8%

Training Exp: 2.5
Fav Exercise: DB Bench press
Fav Supp: Milk
Ripped64 has made some quality postsRipped64 has made some quality postsRipped64 has made some quality postsRipped64 has made some quality postsRipped64 has made some quality postsRipped64 has made some quality postsRipped64 has made some quality posts

Great squatting LtL, and those farmers walks look fuarked!!
Ripped64 is offline   Reply With Quote