Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-17-2012, 03:44 AM   #5211
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks guys. Here's the video:

LtL

Last edited by BendtheBar; 07-17-2012 at 08:54 AM.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 04:11 AM   #5212
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Thanks guys. Here's the video:

Max Effort Squat/DL - YouTube

LtL
Cool.

Definitely a nice weight, and your descent was nice and controlled.

A couple things though:

1) Walkout needs a lot of work. Maximum 4 steps if you can, left back, right back, left out, right out, done. I saw 8 steps on the 252, related to that don't look at your feet. Have confidence in yourself, you don't need to watch your feet.

2) From the camera angle I saw depth isn't there yet or really even close.

It might be the camera angle cos thats a shitty one to judge from but from here it looked hamstring to parallel if that. GBPF or BDFPA just wouldn't pass that, no chance.

I would have done this session down to a box, at this stage you absolutely need to know when you hit parallel. OR you need spotters to tell you accurately, give Hazz an earful cos he needs to be all over that. Your spotters can't just stand there and pat you on the back if it's high.

3) You're losing that arch position and folding forward, that's curling your torso and bringing your hips forward which is shooting your knees forward. That might be related to the camber bar but still a better arch against the bar will result in your knees staying upright. The suit is bossing you at the moment, you need to arch against it hard.

Work on that arch, you know you're weak at GM's that needs fixing. RDL's with strict form need including on the regular. None of this flat/rounded back shit with too much weight but actual proper RDL's. Front Squats done strictly would be good for you as well, do 'em to a box they're quality.

I know you can get this weight, it's not there yet but it'll come. More of a posterior focus and definitely more overall back focus needs to be there.

Last edited by Fazc; 07-17-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:16 AM   #5213
RobMoriRB
Max Brawn
Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Training Exp: 3
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

solid work out an the video looked legit lol....I seen another video with yellow bands, how much wait did that allow you to add when reverse band squat.
Dead Lift:455/500/?

Master Goal: Compete in 1 Lifting Sport!!! Completed Nov 16th 2014

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/
RobMoriRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:54 AM   #5214
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks Faz. Walkout was abysmal last night. I hit the rack on every one and it screwed me up. No excuses though it just needs to be better. The arch was horrific as you say and that is my primary focus now. Lots of GM work both for reps and max effort. Next speed cycle will be front squats to box with a work up to heavy single on week three as well. Hazz thought that the 252 was in but in the still it obviously wasn't. I think he was calling me up but I wasn't tuned in to listen. All I was thinking was "knees out" and "back, back, back". With the box are you suggesting to use it as a touch and go for depth or to actually sit and relax onto it?

With all of the above in mind, my next max effort sessions will be:

- Low rack pulls, raw, straight weight.
- Good mornings, raw, straight weight.
- Reverse average band 12" (legal depth) box squat, raw.

Assistance across the two days will include:

- RDLs (strict, focus on arch).
- GHRs
- Dimmel deadlifts
- Good mornings for reps
- Speed pulls with sumo and ultra wide sumo stance, varying band tensions.

Sound good?

@Rob - Was this one of my videos? I don't have any yellow bands per se, they're all a kind of off yellow colour though.

LtL
Old 07-17-2012, 04:59 AM   #5215
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Hazz thought that the 252 was in but in the still it obviously wasn't.
To be fair it's a shitty angle to judge from, so who knows. I'll wait for Hazz to chime in.

Quote:
With the box are you suggesting to use it as a touch and go for depth or to actually sit and relax onto it?
Just strictly touch n go for. Feel for it as you sit back, when you hit it get up. A 14inch box will probably do.

Quote:
With all of the above in mind, my next max effort sessions will be:

- Low rack pulls, raw, straight weight.
- Good mornings, raw, straight weight.
- Reverse average band 12" (legal depth) box squat, raw.
Spot on I would say.

Quote:
Assistance across the two days will include:

- RDLs (strict, focus on arch).
- GHRs
- Dimmel deadlifts
- Good mornings for reps
- Speed pulls with sumo and ultra wide sumo stance, varying band tensions.
Sounds ace.

On both ME and assistance just make sure you're thinking arch, arch on each rep. Any posterior exercises can be made to work your arch if you *think* arch into it.

Cheers.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #5216
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Legend thanks buddy.

LtL
Old 07-17-2012, 07:17 AM   #5217
RobMoriRB
Max Brawn
Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67 Points: 10,240, Level: 67
Activity: 60% Activity: 60% Activity: 60%

Training Exp: 3
Fav Supp: Mutant Mass
RobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master memberRobMoriRB is a master member

Then I dont think the description is going to help, an yeah pretty sure it was.
Dead Lift:455/500/?

Master Goal: Compete in 1 Lifting Sport!!! Completed Nov 16th 2014

Block Program:http://www.muscleandbrawn.com/forums...ad.php?t=17576
BLOG:http://theanimalmethod.wordpress.com/
RobMoriRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:40 AM   #5218
Hazzard
Max Brawn
Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48 Points: 5,710, Level: 48
Activity: 10% Activity: 10% Activity: 10%

Fav Supp: Pizza
Hazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good postsHazzard has made some good posts

Just watched the video - it definitely looked lower from where I was standing, but from watching the video it most definitely was not, so I'll apologies there. However, I will say keeping Al alive was my number one and with just me and a tiny Portuguese dude spotting I put most of my attention on the bar! Next time we'll grab a pair of spotters and I'll just ref you.

But yeah, completely agree with Faz about the rounding as I mentioned last night, plus all the fannying around with the walk-out, but I'll admit that the rack being as wide/the bar being as narrow as it is certainly didn't help. Use the actual power bar next time so you don't end up killing yourself!
Old 07-17-2012, 08:10 AM   #5219
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Hazz - Thanks for keeping me alive although Alessia thought I was trying my best to kill myself when she saw the video:

"Look how red your head is. That's why you have burst blood vessels in your face."

My response:

"Isn't it cool?!"

LtL
Old 07-17-2012, 08:19 AM   #5220
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Rob - I have done reverse band squats with super mini bands which took about 20kgs in the hole and light bands which take around 35kgs. You won't necessarily be able to lift that much more mind you.

LtL