Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 05-30-2012, 08:27 AM   #4771
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

equal PB after being sick for a few days and losing 4kgs in weight.

nice going LtL, admiring the big work in here

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #4772
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Get that 167 next time.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 12:22 PM   #4773
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks guys.

DYNAMIC EFFORT SQUAT/DL

Done here instead of my normal gym:

Www.nirvanaspa.co.uk

Or more specifically at their gym next door:

http://www.pulse8healthclub.com/

Very modern and expensive gym but here's what I didn't like:

- No-one and I mean NO-ONE tidied up after themselves.
- The plates were rubber and not iron.
- Plates were undersized.
- Dumbells only went to 40kgs.
- Worse music than Hazzard plays!

I'm just a moaner, I was pleased to be able to get my session in undisturbed, I did see some atrocious form and exercises but the spa afterwards more than made up for it.

Trained fasted about 2.5hours after waking. I'm not back on full backloading until next week but I did what felt right and it worked well. Before training I had a zero carb monster and I sipped Xtend during. We were a bit later getting there than we had planned which left me feeling a little weak to begin with but once I got going and cranked the headphones I was fine.

Speed squats
Went raw against average bands with wider, equipped-style stance
Bar for a few sets
Add average bands
Bar for 3 sets of 2
60kgs for 3 sets of 2
Working sets, short rest around 30-45seconds I would guess
100kgs for 6 sets of 2
130kgs for 3 sets of 2

Sumo speed pulls with extra wide stance, feet just inside plates
60kgs for 2 sets of 3
Working sets, 30-45seconds rest
100kgs for 6 singles
130kgs for 6 singles

Dumbell rows
40kgs for 2 sets of 20 per arm

45degree back extension
2 sets of BW x 10
1 set of BW +5kgs x 8
1 set of BW +10kgs x 8

Kneeling cable crunches
60kgs x 10
70kgs x 10
80kgs x 10
85kgs x 15

FIN

All done in around 80minutes. Interesting session in a different gym. Managed to get some very good work in even if I did come off my planned suited wave. Wide stance with the bands and 130kgs reminded me how much the suit helps me especially out wide. I could also feel that, although my hip mobility has improved, I am still binding up a bit in the hole. If I were to compete raw now, I would probably have to bring the stance back in a touch but I as that's not on the cards I will leave it there and keep working on hip strength and mobility.

Speed pulls were a major win. A few months ago I could not even get my feet out to the plates let alone be flexible enough to pull from there. I started at almost full width and worked my way out until I was almost dropping the plates on my feet. The ROM is noticeably shorter and it really works my hips but I'm probably still pretty week from out there.

Rows were disappointing. Wanted to do sets of 10 with around 60kgs but dumbells were too low. Could have gone for more reps but was getting a bit out of breath and more importantly bored so I stopped at 20.

I really liked the 45degree extension bench instead of the roman chair I normally use. It gave more hamstring involvement I think as well as back. Finished strong with abs and then went off to meet Mrs LtL and relax at the spa in jacuzzis, hydro-massage and plunge pools. Had a nice lunch and then lazed around all afternoon. Good times.

LtL
LtL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:29 AM   #4774
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Glad to hear you got some good work in.

Quote:
- Plates were undersized.
- Dumbells only went to 40kgs.
- Worse music than Hazzard plays!
I'm going to start keeping a mini-tape measure in my gym bag. I think it's becoming a necessity as not one can figure out industry standards...or good music either.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #4775
Kuytrider
Max Brawn
Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60 Points: 8,127, Level: 60
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 4
Fav Exercise: Squat
Fav Supp: Protein Powder
Kuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master memberKuytrider is a master member

Great work LtL. God Awful music seems to be gym standard.

Getting it done one session at a time.
Kuytrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #4776
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Nice raw work Al.

I sometimes have to bite my tongue when observing god aweful and dangerous form at my gym too.
The only thing that bugs me more than the aweful music is the undersize weights.

Good work despite the environment

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #4777
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks guys. Bit sore today but hopefully that's just normal soreness which I accelerated through the hydro massage and cold pool work. Interested to see what I feel like tomorrow.

Back in the gym on Sunday for dynamic effort bench and parents down tomorrow to celebrate my Dad's birthday. Have a good weekend people. Enjoy the extra days Brits

LtL
Old 06-01-2012, 03:11 PM   #4778
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Good training Al! You tried the new xtend? Hot me a can of grape explosion (?) and its hard to get down due to its taste enjoy the hollidays!
big_swede is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #4779
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Thanks Swedish. I'm almost out of Xtend so will keep that in mind.

LtL
Old 06-03-2012, 06:53 AM   #4780
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

DYNAMIC EFFORT BENCH PRESS

Speed floor press with Fat Gripz
Bar x lots for a few sets
Add doubled short super minis
Bar x a few for 3 sets
40kgs for 2 sets of 3
Working sets
50kgs for 3 sets of 3
60kgs for 3 sets of 3
70kgs for 2 sets of 3

CGBP
60kgs for 2 sets of 6
80kgs x 6
100kgs x 6
110kgs x 6

High incline dumbell bench ss Dumbell lateral raise
30kgs x 8 ss 8kgs x 8
30kgs x 8 ss 8kgs x 8
30kgs x 6 ss 8kgs x 8

Guns superset
Hanging kettlebell curl ss average band pushdown
16kgs x 15 ss 25
21kgs x 10 ss 25
21kgs x 10 ss 25

Lat Pulldowns with wide grip handle upside down
50kgs x 10
55kgs for 3 sets of 10

Great session today. Trained with Big Colin and the emphasis really is on the BIG. I say this every time I see him but he is a monstrous human being. Today he did the speed sets with 20-30kgs more on all sets and better speed. He then close gripped 180kgs with a legit pause as if it was nothing and narrowly missed a 192.5kgs attempt for a PB. Training with someone like that really forces you to re-examine what you think is an acceptable level of strength for yourself.

This was week three of my floor speed wave and the top sets were hard work. Followed up with CGBP as per my new plan. I fully expect to get more on this very soon. High incline work was good as I found an angle that my shoulder likes and the guns superset was pumptastic.

I think this day needs another heavy tricep exercise like an extension so will add that in next week. I need to shake my cold and see how the extra session per week affects me first. Overall a good tricep heavy session

Back in tomorrow for max effort squat/DL and I'm suiting up in full gear. The suit has been adjusted (by my Mum) so the straps are a bit tighter. They're still not ├╝ber tight but should make a difference IF they hold Fingers crossed!

LtL