Old 04-14-2011, 06:28 AM   #411
Aurik
SFHW = Win
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 1-2
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Kettlebells, for now
Fav Supp: XTend
Aurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributorAurik is a dedicated contributor

Box (well, in my case bench) squatting is fun, even if the bench is slightly above parallel. However, I don't know if aerobic steps can support 800+lbs on them, so even though the gym HAS them, I'm not about to try USING them for it
Aurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2011, 06:41 AM   #412
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

I've squatted reasonably heavy on them before but I understand your point. I'll only use the box for dynamic effort anyways so won't be too heavy.

Just another thing to add to the list of stuff I want to build and take to the gym/use in my own gym

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 06:54 AM   #413
Carl1174
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3-4 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Carl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machineCarl1174 is a lifting machine

Do you have any plans/space/money/time to build your own gym Al, I mean its not like you need to motivation to train (probably the opposite, youd end up training too often ). I know some people prefer going to a gym as the whole habbit of leaving the house etc gets them in the right frame of mind. The only thing is you would need a space big enough so your trainng partners could join in, or would you be just has happy to train alone permenatley ??

I think iw ould definitely build one now if I had the space/money. it used to be that Id only get motivated to train if i went somewhere, but I doubt that would be a problem now and I train alone anyways...

Carl.
Carl1174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 07:15 AM   #414
bigtim27
the thrilla from phila
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: Lose Weight
Fav Exercise: Military Press
Fav Supp: xtend
bigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributorbigtim27 is a dedicated contributor

Great squatting Al. I've been using the box at iron sport to help me out it goes just below parrallel.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:28 AM   #415
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl1174 View Post
Do you have any plans/space/money/time to build your own gym Al, I mean its not like you need to motivation to train (probably the opposite, youd end up training too often ). I know some people prefer going to a gym as the whole habbit of leaving the house etc gets them in the right frame of mind. The only thing is you would need a space big enough so your trainng partners could join in, or would you be just has happy to train alone permenatley ??

I think iw ould definitely build one now if I had the space/money. it used to be that Id only get motivated to train if i went somewhere, but I doubt that would be a problem now and I train alone anyways...

Carl.
We're not planning to move any time soon but when we do I have told Mrs LtL I have two demands for the house:

1. A garage or large space that I can convert into a gym.
2. A larger lounge so I can have a bigger TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtim27 View Post
Great squatting Al. I've been using the box at iron sport to help me out it goes just below parrallel.

Thanks BigTime.

LtL
Old 04-14-2011, 07:44 AM   #416
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I don't know if this helps but I rack deadlift on aerobic steps with two supports on each side. I have used them routinely with 400-600 pounds.

Mine seems very sturdy, surprisingly.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:20 PM   #417
MC
Six Million Dollar Man
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 2-3
Training Type: General Fitness
Fav Exercise: Posing
MC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beastMC is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Thanks buddy. My quad's salute you.

I found a store selling superman t-shirts this week. As soon as they have some in a size larger than skinny fat, I'll be BtB'ing my avatar

LtL
Buy it to fit your arms, not your belly!

They only had S and M, huh?
Old 04-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #418
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by *MC* View Post
Buy it to fit your arms, not your belly!

They only had S and M, huh?
Need a large for my arms, XL for the power belly. Nothing worse than a fat man in a t-shirt that doesn't reach his waist:

LtL
Old 04-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #419
5kgLifter
Kettlebells' Angel !!!!
Max Brawn

Training Type: Other
5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!5kgLifter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Need a large for my arms, XL for the power belly. Nothing worse than a fat man in a t-shirt that doesn't reach his waist:

LtL
^^Thanks for that, so glad I'm not eating right now
Old 04-15-2011, 05:00 AM   #420
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

I found this post incredibly inspirational:

EliteFTS - Superior Products and Knowledge for Lifters, Athletes, Coaches, and Trainers

Gonna eat a whole chicken for lunch.

LtL