Mark Forums Read
Register Articles Members List Search Today's Posts

Notices

Training Logs Keep your training and supplement logs here

Old 07-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #1541
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Thanks Bone. Hoping for a less eventful session tonight

LtL
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-2011, 12:20 PM   #1542
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

LTL, Solid workout, as always!
The mirror was nothing more than collateral damage!
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #1543
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100

LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

HAHA Thanks BigJ.

LtL
Old 07-27-2011, 02:45 PM   #1544
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

MAX EFFORT UPPER

Deep heat lower back, shoulders, biceps and forearms
YWTL

Bench Press
Bar x lots
50kg's x 5
70kg's x 3
90kg's x 3
105kg's x 3
120kg's x 3
132.5kg's x 2 Third rep' came off chest but forearms hurt too much to keep it in the groove and press it out. Felt like I could have done four if it weren't for the squat pain

Pec Deck
40kg's for two sets of 15
Bit of shoulder clicking but nothing too bad

Overhead Tricep Extension
8plates x 20
8p x 15

T-Bar Rows
1p x 10
2p x 10
3p x 10
4p x 10

So I did everything I could to be able to bench properly tonight: ice and contrast showers last night along with overdoses of ibuprofen. Rolling and more ibu' at work and then covered myself in deep heat and took more ibu' before training. As I warmed up forearms hurt but it didn't make a difference until around 120kg's. It hurt when I posted the weight in my arms at the top and just off the chest as I turned it around. Frustrating really cos my set-up and everything else felt great tonight. Oh and even more annoying is that I noticed I was using a different bar to squat last night where the rings are further in. Thus when I thought I was moving my hands in a finger or two, it was actually more like a handwidth. No wonder I am so sore

Assistance was nothing special. Just getting volume in with nothing that would aggravate my already painful joints. First time ever doing T-Bars and I didn't like them. ROM felt too small and even at 4plates it wasn't that hard. Probably won't do them again. Gonna stick to barbell rows, csr, rack chins and cable rows.

Right I'm off to ice some more, eat and look after my daughter. Gonna push back max effort lower to Sunday in the hope that I'll be recovered by then. Fingers crossed.

LtL
Old 07-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #1545
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Recover quickly LTL.

Check out Michael Goodwin from the UK when you have time:

Natural Beast And Strength Freak Michael Goodwin Talks To Muscle & Strength | Muscle & Strength

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 03:19 PM   #1546
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

LtL
Old 07-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #1547
big_swede
Max Brawn
Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100 Points: 34,215, Level: 100
Activity: 62% Activity: 62% Activity: 62%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Cable flyes
Fav Supp: Celltech
big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!big_swede is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
MAX EFFORT UPPER

Deep heat lower back, shoulders, biceps and forearms
YWTL

Bench Press
Bar x lots
50kg's x 5
70kg's x 3
90kg's x 3
105kg's x 3
120kg's x 3
132.5kg's x 2 Third rep' came off chest but forearms hurt too much to keep it in the groove and press it out. Felt like I could have done four if it weren't for the squat pain

Pec Deck
40kg's for two sets of 15
Bit of shoulder clicking but nothing too bad

Overhead Tricep Extension
8plates x 20
8p x 15

T-Bar Rows
1p x 10
2p x 10
3p x 10
4p x 10

So I did everything I could to be able to bench properly tonight: ice and contrast showers last night along with overdoses of ibuprofen. Rolling and more ibu' at work and then covered myself in deep heat and took more ibu' before training. As I warmed up forearms hurt but it didn't make a difference until around 120kg's. It hurt when I posted the weight in my arms at the top and just off the chest as I turned it around. Frustrating really cos my set-up and everything else felt great tonight. Oh and even more annoying is that I noticed I was using a different bar to squat last night where the rings are further in. Thus when I thought I was moving my hands in a finger or two, it was actually more like a handwidth. No wonder I am so sore

Assistance was nothing special. Just getting volume in with nothing that would aggravate my already painful joints. First time ever doing T-Bars and I didn't like them. ROM felt too small and even at 4plates it wasn't that hard. Probably won't do them again. Gonna stick to barbell rows, csr, rack chins and cable rows.

Right I'm off to ice some more, eat and look after my daughter. Gonna push back max effort lower to Sunday in the hope that I'll be recovered by then. Fingers crossed.

LtL
Weired stuff Al, I had the exact same problem today while benching, after squatting with a tight grip day before yesterday. You still putted up some good reps though. Good work man!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:09 PM   #1548
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Yeah I'm not too annoyed at my numbers. Just annoyed that I caused the problem with the overly narrow grip. Hopefully a few days off should clear it up.

LtL
Old 07-27-2011, 04:11 PM   #1549
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Recover quickly LTL.

Check out Michael Goodwin from the UK when you have time:

Natural Beast And Strength Freak Michael Goodwin Talks To Muscle & Strength | Muscle & Strength
Looks like a beast and natural to boot. Good find Steve.

LtL
Old 07-27-2011, 04:44 PM   #1550
Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
So I did everything I could to be able to bench properly tonight: ice and contrast showers last night along with overdoses of ibuprofen. Rolling and more ibu' at work and then covered myself in deep heat and took more ibu' before training.

push back max effort lower to Sunday in the hope that I'll be recovered by then. Fingers crossed.
LtL the hardest part about injuries is accepting that you're injured!! The wrist is hurting and the shoulder is clicking. no doubt sleep is compromised due to the new addition to the family as well and this will all contribute to physical stress. You need another max effort session like another hole in the head. What you really need to do is back off for a week and come back stronger.

You won't recover with ibuprofen and contrast showers you need rest.

Last edited by Fazc; 07-27-2011 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote